• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Final - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Dallas Stars

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are so inconsistent and probably want vegas to win more so he will probably get two :)
both pietrangelo and benn deserve more than one game ... what they both did were not hockey plays and they had intent ... meanwhile sure different times but Aaron Rome got 4 games in a cup final series for a late hit :ohwell:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both pietrangelo and benn deserve more than one game ... what they both did were not hockey plays and they had intent ... meanwhile sure different times but Aaron Rome got 4 games in a cup final series for a late hit :ohwell:
:noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more recently, the Kadri suspension(s) look excessive when compared to what Petro got and likely what Benn will receive. I'm not saying that the DOPeS are out to get Canadian teams, just seems to be a coincidence.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more recently, the Kadri suspension(s) look excessive when compared to what Petro got and likely what Benn will receive. I'm not saying that the DOPeS are out to get Canadian teams, just seems to be a coincidence.
I'll say it

:tinfoil3:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, in other mindless, boneheaded news...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FtXo9STWIAA9dkx

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he's going to find a sympathetic ear on this one. I'm also not sure he's watched the replay.

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant get that vision of Benn outta my head, so I've done some captain reflecting since I been following hockey, who would have done this?
Delvecchio? Hell no, he was out winning Lady Byng trophies too.
Danny Gare-I don't think so.
Then more than two decades of Yzerman, Lindstrom & Zetterberg. Nope, not them either.
Another captain I grew up watching, who in my humble opinion is the pinnacle of class in NHL history, Mr Believeau. Not in a million years.

NHL has always had goons, sometimes more than others. But anyone playing in an almost must win playofff game, and the captain of his team no less, and does that? Right at the start of the game, and he wasn't even aggravated?

Personally if I was in a position to do so, once the playoffs were over, if not earlier, he would never wear a C on his sweater again for that team.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant get that vision of Benn outta my head, so I've done some captain reflecting since I been following hockey, who would have done this?
Then more than two decades of Yzerman, Lindstrom & Zetterberg. Nope, not them either.
Another captain I grew up watching, who in my humble opinion is the pinnacle of class in NHL history, Mr Believeau. Not in a million years.

NHL has always had goons, sometimes more than others. But anyone playing in an almost must win playofff game, and the captain of his team no less, and does that? Right at the start of the game, and he wasn't even aggravated?

Personally if I was in a position to do so, once the playoffs were over, if not earlier, he would never wear a C on his sweater again for that team.

It's interesting because it makes me think a little of Shane Doan who I thought exemplified a classy player for the majority of his career until he lost a step in his later years (he never was the fastest skater) and the number of cheap shots dramatically increased. Jamie Benn has always played on the edge and at times has crossed the line, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, he had a great regular season in 2022-23 and apparently had found the fountain of youth. Not sure what was in his mind last night, but that was wayyyy over the line on Stone.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

messier 100% would do this.

leadership award, my ass.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
messier 100% would do this.

leadership award, my ass.
Dale Hunter was a Captain when he tried to kill Turgeon

Bobby Clarke was viewed as a hero for breaking someone's ankle. (He was an NHL captain but not captain for that particular team)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Hunter was a Captain when he tried to kill Turgeon

Bobby Clarke was viewed as a hero for breaking someone's ankle. (He was an NHL captain but not captain for that particular team)

That was terrible by Dale Hunter and that's why he received a 21 game suspension.

As for Bobby Clarke, back in 1972, it was certainly more than just a hockey game between two countries. Time has certainly changed people's opinions on that slash.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one playoff game and one preseason game?