• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook re-signs with the Thunder...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets to show loyalty to OKC and maximize his earning potential.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3yrs/85.7 mil...not too shabby!!! :suds:

Now he is is going to be applauded for his loyalty, blah blah blah.

It is great that he is resigning, but I just hate that players get destroyed for wanting something better. Free agency is different today, so the played out argument of comparing current players to guys from 20, 30 years ago that didn't switch teams is tired and ignorant.

I wish everyone would just let these players decide their fate and stop second guessing/criticizing the decision they make for their own lives. Staying put should not make you some kind of hero.

Congrats to Russell, and best of luck in OKC!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he is is going to be applauded for his loyalty, blah blah blah.

It is great that he is resigning, but I just hate that players get destroyed for wanting something better. Free agency is different today, so the played out argument of comparing current players to guys from 20, 30 years ago that didn't switch teams is tired and ignorant.

I wish everyone would just let these players decide their fate and stop second guessing/criticizing the decision they make for their own lives. Staying put should not make you some kind of hero.

Congrats to Russell, and best of luck in OKC!

Have to agree...It's rare these days that a franchise player would pledge his loyalty to a franchise for more than a year or two after losing another franchise player like Durant!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Westbrook. Over the last couple years I think he has gone a long way to showing a lot of people that when all is said and done- when you measure toughness, talent, offense, defense, health, leadership, balls, etc. that RW just has more than Durant does.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Westbrook. Over the last couple years I think he has gone a long way to showing a lot of people that when all is said and done- when you measure toughness, talent, offense, defense, health, leadership, balls, etc. that RW just has more than Durant does.

This is so not true

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no surprise that Wiggy'd find a way to dog Durant while "praising" Westbrick...:L

huh, wonder why...?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no surprise that Wiggy'd find a way to dog Durant while "praising" Westbrick...:L

huh, wonder why...?

Exactly. Saying Westbrook has more leadership/balls than Durant is just a bold face lie. Westbrook throw way too many temper tantrums on the court. Also the better health is false as well. Westbrook was injured for two years just like Durant. Also I'll take Durant offense/talent over Westbrook any day of the week. The only thing Westbrook is better than Durant from what Wiggy mentioned is maybe defense (Durant is actually really good on defense) & toughness.

Dude is so full of shit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Saying Westbrook has more leadership/balls than Durant is just a bold face lie. Westbrook throw way too many temper tantrums on the court. Also the better health is false as well. Westbrook was injured for two years just like Durant. Also I'll take Durant offense/talent over Westbrook any day of the week. The only thing Westbrook is better than Durant from what Wiggy mentioned is maybe defense (Durant is actually really good on defense) & toughness.

Dude is so full of shit
Durant is a soft little girl.

all though im not surprised you two are pissed.

CROSS another FA off the list.

doesn't look like Pat is getting a meeting with Russ. lol. Not that i ever thought that was a serious possibility, but if RW went to Miami i would have thrown up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Durant soft? You just hate the guy because he went to Warriors. Durant is better than Westbrook. There is no debating that. Always has been and always will be
Durant might have more pure talent - but give me RW anyday of the week.

Durant is mentally weak and is just not an alpha....JAMES WORTHY would be his ideal role.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant might have more pure talent - but give me RW anyday of the week.

Durant is mentally weak and is just not an alpha....JAMES WORTHY would be his ideal role.

Give us examples how he is mentally weak. I'll wait.

Westbrook is a knucklehead and plays out of control. His out of control style and shitty decision making is one of the big reasons why GSW came back from 3-1 against OKC

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is mentally weak? LMAO if that is not the biggest bullshit I heard on here

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook had a season for the ages in 2015-16, tying Magic Johnson for the most triple-doubles in the past 50 years with a league-high 18, including six in the month of March.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook had a season for the ages in 2015-16, tying Magic Johnson for the most triple-doubles in the past 50 years with a league-high 18, including six in the month of March.

Ok. Who said Westbrook is not a numbers machine. This proves nothing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us examples how he is mentally weak. I'll wait.

Westbrook is a knucklehead and plays out of control. His out of control style and shitty decision making is one of the big reasons why GSW came back from 3-1 against OKC
uhh he choked away a 3-1 lead and then jumped on the guys' jock he lost to. lol....you simply cannot POSSIBLY get more mentally weak than that.

If LeBron went and joined KG, Pierce and Allen after he lost to them- he would have been humiliated for all time...but Durant sold us on his aww-shucks- sell some Campbells soup with my mom- i love the this place bullshit for years so idiots like you are snookered into thinking this guy actually has a pair- when clearly- he has been snipped Varys on GoT's style.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh he choked away a 3-1 lead and then jumped on the guys' jock he lost to. lol....you simply cannot POSSIBLY get more mentally weak than that.

If LeBron went and joined KG, Pierce and Allen after he lost to them- he would have been humiliated for all time...but Durant sold us on his aww-shucks- sell some Campbells soup with my mom- i love the this place bullshit for years so idiots like you are snookered into thinking this guy actually has a pair- when clearly- they he has been snipped Varys on GoT's style.

This has nothing to do with being mentally weak you dumb fuck

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Durant went to a team where he think he could win multiple championships and that makes him mentally weak? GTFOH!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook Agrees To Extension With OKC And Makes Kevin Durant Even More Of A Villain

GREAT article....

Fans and notable members of the media took Durant to task for taking what they have described as a shortcut.

This was seen as especially egregious considering he left a team that had the Warriors on the brink of elimination in the Western Conference Finals.

Westbrook’s decision to stay in OKC accurately paints him as a superstar accepting the challenge against the odds, and for many, that’ll be refreshing.

The resigning is also a notable move considering Westbrook was always the one–between he and Durant–that seemed most likely to leave OKC for a bigger city.

---of course that was the case--- RW never kissed ass like Durant did or played the "awww shucks im just a small town guy" card- only to get scared. Its just funny how things work out.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets to show loyalty to OKC and maximize his earning potential.

One could argue that loyalty and maximizing your earning potential are contradictory.
Wouldn't the team have a better chance of signing better players if he took less money?

Think his usage rate will double???