• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

west coast fantasy folks unite!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, at least come here between 2 p.m and 5 p.m pacific to chat about basabeall and fantasy, as this place is a virtual wastland during this time during the week, just like it was on a certain other board that shall remain nameless.

Just trying to create a place for people to post during this afternoon period each day, as I can not be the only one that checks on this board, only to find there is nobody posting in any thread, save for one, which I choose to skip.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is putting the kids to bed time. I am out. Now, 3:30 AM is a different story.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am a 1 man wolfpack.

Again.

Sigh.....

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone say WolfPack? Oops, sorry to respond...being East Coast and all.

Careful with this thread, 2Pac & Biggie Smalls got shot over shit like this.:rip:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone say WolfPack? Oops, sorry to respond...being East Coast and all.

Careful with this thread, 2Pac & Biggie Smalls got shot over shit like this.:rip:

There would have to be someone here first to shoot me, and that does not look like it is going to happen.

I don't know if I will ever get used to waiting between 10 minutes to 1 hour between posts and responses, and, am willing to try just about anything to avoid it.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigD whats your feelings on Cole Hamel right now?

I just put him on the trading block, because he is a can't cut in the league I have him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bigD, but I'd hold on to Hamels. He's had some really good starts, minus this last one against the Injuns, but the Philly offense isn't helping him out at all.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigD whats your feelings on Cole Hamel right now?

I just put him on the trading block, because he is a can't cut in the league I have him.

I am riding him out. Yes, his record is sub-par, to be sure. However, his peripherial numbers are fine. I think he just needs a bit better luck, and the wins will come.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright thanx.

In case you needed more.

By David Schoenfield | ESPN.com

Watched a lot of the Indians' 10-4 win against the Phillies on Wednesday afternoon as Cleveland knocked around Cole Hamels, who fell to 1-6 with a 4.61 ERA. Ignore the win-loss record since that's dependent upon run support. Has Hamels been as bad as that ERA? That ERA ranks 79th out of 110 qualifiers, which means Hamels isn't pitching like a $19 million pitcher. (Only five, or possibly six, years to go on his contract!) It's pretty easy to pinpoint his issue: Walk rate up 4 percent, which translates to 1.6 more walks per nine innings, strikeout rate down 1.5 per nine). Basically, he's taken one strikeout per game and turned into one walk; such is the fine line between one of the best pitchers in the game and a guy with a 4.61 ERA. A quick look at the numbers suggests his changeup has been fine (.077 average, no home runs), although he has walked seven batters on PAs ending with the pitch compared to just 10 all of 2012. Hitters have been pounding his fastball: Six of his nine home runs allowed have come off the pitch compared to 10 in 2012. Hamels is too good to keep struggling like this; pitchers of his quality don't usually lose their command overnight. Hamels will figure things out and since the Braves have come back to the pack, the Phillies are still just 3.5 games out of first.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels is too good to keep struggling like this; pitchers of his quality don't usually lose their command overnight. Hamels will figure things out

This is my feelings too, but when you draft Hamels and Vogelsong as your 2 best pitchers you are quick to panic. I was able to pick up Jose Fernandez and for some reason found Gio Gonzalez on the waiver wire last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my feelings too, but when you draft Hamels and Vogelsong as your 2 best pitchers you are quick to panic.

Have you ditched Vogelsong yet? If not, I think it is time, especially as I am now hearing rumblings that he will likely not make his next start.

I was able to pick up Jose Fernandez and for some reason found Gio Gonzalez on the waiver wire last night.

This would seriously cause me to question the league I was playing in. On one hand, it is of course great to take advantage of the stupidity of others. On the other though, it tends to make any sort of victory you get from that situation just a bit hollow.

JMO.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ditched Vogelsong yet? If not, I think it is time, especially as I am now hearing rumblings that he will likely not make his next start.

This would seriously cause me to question the league I was playing in. On one hand, it is of course great to take advantage of the stupidity of others. On the other though, it tends to make any sort of victory you get from that situation just a bit hollow.

JMO.

Yes I had ditched Vogelsong a while back. Him and Anibel Sanchez have been key draft picks for me the last two years, good return on middle to late round picks.

I am wondering why Gonzalez was on the waiver wire myself, but as it helps my team only a little.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I had ditched Vogelsong a while back. Him and Anibel Sanchez have been key draft picks for me the last two years, good return on middle to late round picks.

I am wondering why Gonzalez was on the waiver wire myself, but as it helps my team only a little.

Not defending whoever dropped gio.. but he has not been off to a good start, some owners have a very short leash... Especially in a shallow league...