• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"We're not the hunted no more..."

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takeaways, yards per carry, opposing QB success, scoring on defense... Yeah, such meaningless stuff.

Is being 3rd in points per game allowed meaningless too? Or does how many points a defense surrenders not matter?

What about 2nd in overall rush D? Oh, that's probably not important either.

3rd in sacks? Oh, bunch of bologna.

I would also think you'd be big on DVOA - since it's merely a defensive ranking which takes opponent strength into account. Or... is that not important now? I don't know. I can't keep up with this goal post moving.

Facepalm, indeed...

Wins and losses are all that matter.

DVOA :L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses are all that matter.

Oh, okay... that's easy then. We're 8-3. Conversation over.

Or... wait... wait... wait... Are you going to change your opinion on that too now?

So... you're still going with takeaways, points allowed, rush yards allowed, opponents yards per carry, sacks and opponents QB success not mattering? Gotcha.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert but I kind of saw the Bears coming. Maybe not 8-3, but eventually they were going to put their young pieces together and take advantage of a re-tooling Packers and a Vikings team that overpaid a stat compiler qb and added him to a defense that missed its window to win a SB.

I'm not surprised that they shown improvement either. They have been picking at or near the top of each round of the draft for years.

Poor coaching and QB choices have really held them back IMO.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or... wait... wait... wait... Are you going to change your opinion on that too now?

You're starting to remind me of my future ex-wife. She also had bouts of wanting to argue about something we largely agreed on.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just gotta beat some good teams and you're on your way!

:laugh3:`

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're starting to remind me of my future ex-wife. She also had bouts of wanting to argue about something we largely agreed on.

Nope... we're quite far apart. Good try, though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gotta beat some good teams and you're on your way!

:laugh3:`

Oh, but I thought wins and losses were all that mattered?

Now strength of victory is the key? Gotcha... so we'll swing the goal post over to the other side again.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, but this is the type of game these Packers lose big.

Snowball turns into an avalanche.

With the game being played in Minny and Rodgers playing like a shell of his former self I could also see GB getting steamrolled, but..............................

It also wouldn't shock me if they went up there and won a high scoring shootout either.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, but I thought wins and losses were all that mattered?

Now strength of victory is the key? Gotcha... so we'll swing the goal post over to the other side again.

images

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Beardown who pointed out that at the start of the season, the Bears had the 8th toughest schedule based on their opponents 2017 records. I don't remember hearing anyone say back then what a cupcake schedule we had. It's only because as this year has played out, it just so happens we've been facing more teams with losing records than winners. We're supposed to apologize for this? Has it been lost on anyone that we beat the 'bad' Lions twice....those same 'bad' Lions who beat the three teams that beat us? So how does this get explained?

Sheesh, you play the team that's scheduled, that's it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be the first Bear fan to say SB bitches. FK LA, FK NO. We have the top defense and a top ten and improving offense. I don't bow down and neither will Da Bears. LA and NO should be favorites and will be at home. There is no team in the NFL that we can't beat if we are on our game. Tell me well be underdogs and I agree. Tell me we can't do it and I laugh at you. At our current growth curve on offense we can be a top 5 offense by playoff time. We are nobody's freebee and infact are the taste of a new generation. SB SB SB SB SB. signed noonthirtyjoe.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the game being played in Minny and Rodgers playing like a shell of his former self I could also see GB getting steamrolled, but..............................

It also wouldn't shock me if they went up there and won a high scoring shootout either.

I could see that, but GB defense is going to have to get a couple turnovers off captain Kirk in any case.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be the first Bear fan to say SB bitches. FK LA, FK NO. We have the top defense and a top ten and improving offense. I don't bow down and neither will Da Bears. LA and NO should be favorites and will be at home. There is no team in the NFL that we can't beat if we are on our game. Tell me well be underdogs and I agree. Tell me we can't do it and I laugh at you. At our current growth curve on offense we can be a top 5 offense by playoff time. We are nobody's freebee and infact are the taste of a new generation. SB SB SB SB SB. signed noonthirtyjoe.

Screen shotted for accuracy

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they keep moving the needle back...

"Can't win on the road" Check

"Can't beat a good team" Check

Next up...

"Can't beat a good team on the road"

I love it... we have the league on notice and everyone is making their way here to the perpetually dead Bears forum from 2014-2018. We're BACK BABY

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

The lot of you coming here to troll says it all - pertaining to who is trying to convince whom of what.

People keep doubting... and the Bears keep winning.

Looking forward to a tight game vs your team in a couple of weeks. I hope your boys come ready and bundle up for a cold Chicago evening. Your team can put points on the board in the regular season... cool... cool... but... still as many playoff wins as we have had the past few years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lot of you coming here to troll says it all - pertaining to who is trying to convince whom of what.

People keep doubting... and the Bears keep winning.

Looking forward to a tight game vs your team in a couple of weeks. I hope your boys come ready and bundle up for a cold Chicago evening. Your team can put points on the board in the regular season... cool... cool... but... still as many playoff wins as we have had the past few years.

You all are good at home. If trolling is saying your best win on the road is at Detroit then you are a pretty sensitive homer.

It’s a long season. So far so good for us. Long way to go