• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"We're not the hunted no more..."

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat a good team and you get to be the hunter. Beating up on the Sisters of the Poor is better than the alternative, but.........................

The Bears appear to be trending in the right direction, but don't get your hopes up just yet.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat a good team and you get to be the hunter. Beating up on the Sisters of the Poor is better than the alternative, but.........................

The Bears appear to be trending in the right direction, but don't get your hopes up just yet.
Uh, sorry, but after 7 consecutive seasons of not so much as sniffing the playoffs, of virtually being the personal bitches within our own division, you'll just have to understand why the Bears team and Bears fans are excited this year and have their hopes up. Few people outside of Chicago, and even many within the Bears community gave us virtually no chance yet again this year to do any real damage. And I'm betting you were amongst those. Not certain how far this train will take us in '18, but one thing is certain. This Bears team is for real.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must not have seen Sunday Night Football when they beat Minnesota. lol

Even without that win... when your point differential is over +100. The whole "haven't beaten anyone" statement loses most of its luster.

but don't get your hopes up just yet

This is a massively confusing statement. The Bears are 3 games up in the division with 5 to play. If Minny loses they'll be up 3.5. What exactly shouldn't we have our hopes up for? Prior to the season - all anyone said on this board was that we just hoped to compete and maybe find a way to give ourselves legitimate playoff hopes late into the season. We've exceeded that.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have seen Sunday Night Football when they beat Minnesota. lol

Even without that win... when your point differential is over +100. The whole "haven't beaten anyone" statement loses most of its luster.

but don't get your hopes up just yet

This is a massively confusing statement. The Bears are 3 games up in the division with 5 to play. If Minny loses they'll be up 3.5. What exactly shouldn't we have our hopes up for? Prior to the season - all anyone said on this board was that we just hoped to compete and maybe find a way to give ourselves legitimate playoff hopes late into the season. We've exceeded that.

Minnesota isn't very good at all.

I'm merely saying that the Bears are getting by on an easy schedule loaded with flotsam and jetsam.

Sure, they're likely to make the playoffs because Minny has taken a giant step back and Detroit & Green Bay are awful. That doesn't make them a threat to do any damage in the playoffs.

Be patient, things are looking up. The defense is better than average, Trubisky doesn't suck horribly and their division is a dumpster fire.

The remaining schedule doesn't favor Chicago and might force you guys to temper your expectations a bit.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few people outside of Chicago, and even many within the Bears community gave us virtually no chance yet again this year to do any real damage. And I'm betting you were amongst those. Not certain how far this train will take us in '18, but one thing is certain. This Bears team is for real.

Don't bet too much. I can assure you that I didn't care about the fortunes of the Chicago Bears before the season started any more than I do now.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, anytime you go 8-3 in the NFL, you have shown you're a pretty good team. Yes, they've had a favorable schedule but to put up that kind of record shows you're at least somewhat decent.

I think we will have a little better idea of what the Bears are after they play the Rams, Packers, and at Minnesota, if that game still means anything.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm merely saying that the Bears are getting by on an easy schedule loaded with flotsam and jetsam.

Sure, they're likely to make the playoffs because Minny has taken a giant step back and Detroit & Green Bay are awful. That doesn't make them a threat to do any damage in the playoffs.

Be patient, things are looking up. The defense is better than average, Trubisky doesn't suck horribly and their division is a dumpster fire.

The remaining schedule doesn't favor Chicago and might force you guys to temper your expectations a bit.

Packers will do their best to disprove this Sunday night.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers will do their best to disprove this Sunday night.

I would have picked Minny and GB at 1, 1A in that division back in Sept.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions are the best road win they have.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We currently have two teams in the playoffs. Three in contention. Lol. Minnesota most certainly does not suck. Falling short of expectations? Sure. Suck? Ha... especially since getting Griffin back. They've been a very solid team.

The remaining schedule doesn't favor us? Outside of LA... what games would those be? GB and MIN? Uh... but I thought they sucked? LMAO

The defense is better than average

Hahahahaha... Good try trolling

#1 in adjusted defensive DVOA

#1 in non-adjusted defensive DVOA

#1 in takeaways

#1 in points off takeaways

#1 in defensive TD's

#1 in yards per carry against

#1 in opposing QB rating

That doesn't make them a threat to do any damage in the playoffs.

What universe are you living in? There isn't a single person here who has said we'll win the NFC or even beat LA/NO in the playoffs. Everyone I've seen take that question on (including myself) has agreed they see us losing in that divisional round after beating the 6th seed right now.

So, if you've come here to inform us we're not going to the Super Bowl. You're effort is pointless. We're just exhilarated with how far we've come.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are the best road win they have.

And they keep moving the needle back...

"Can't win on the road" Check

"Can't beat a good team" Check

Next up...

"Can't beat a good team on the road"

I love it... we have the league on notice and everyone is making their way here to the perpetually dead Bears forum from 2014-2018. We're BACK BABY

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have two teams in the playoffs. Three in contention. Lol. Minnesota most certainly does not suck. Falling short of expectations? Sure. Suck? Ha... especially since getting Griffin back. They've been a very solid team.

The remaining schedule doesn't favor us? Outside of LA... what games would those be? GB and MIN? Uh... but I thought they sucked? LMAO

The defense is better than average

Hahahahaha... Good try trolling

#1 in adjusted defensive DVOA

#1 in non-adjusted defensive DVOA

#1 in takeaways

#1 in points off takeaways

#1 in defensive TD's

#1 in yards per carry against

#1 in opposing QB rating

That doesn't make them a threat to do any damage in the playoffs.

What universe are you living in? There isn't a single person here who has said we'll win the NFC or even beat LA/NO in the playoffs. Everyone I've seen take that question on (including myself) has agreed they see us losing in that divisional round after beating the 6th seed right now.

So, if you've come here to inform us we're not going to the Super Bowl. You're effort is pointless. We're just exhilarated with how far we've come.

I'm a big fan of meaningless stats too :L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, anytime you go 8-3 in the NFL, you have shown you're a pretty good team.QUOTE]

And outscoring your opponents by 100+ - which only a few in the league have done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bet too much. I can assure you that I didn't care about the fortunes of the Chicago Bears before the season started any more than I do now.
Oh really? So it's then fair to say if we were something like 4-7 or 5-6 at this point, you'd still be on our board telling us not to get our hopes up too much? Look, I'm sure you're a good guy, but you're only fooling yourself with this deflection nonsense. Best of luck to your Pats the rest of the way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of meaningless stats too :L

Takeaways, yards per carry, opposing QB success, scoring on defense... Yeah, such meaningless stuff.

Is being 3rd in points per game allowed meaningless too? Or does how many points a defense surrenders not matter?

What about 2nd in overall rush D? Oh, that's probably not important either.

3rd in sacks? Oh, bunch of bologna.

I would also think you'd be big on DVOA - since it's merely a defensive ranking which takes opponent strength into account. Or... is that not important now? I don't know. I can't keep up with this goal post moving.

Facepalm, indeed...

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takeaways, yards per carry, opposing QB success, scoring on defense... Yeah, such meaningless stuff.

Is being 3rd in points per game allowed meaningless too? Or does how many points a defense surrenders not matter?

What about 2nd in overall rush D? Oh, that's probably not important either.

3rd in sacks? Oh, bunch of bologna.

I would also think you'd be big on DVOA - since it's merely a defensive ranking which takes opponent strength into account. Or... is that not important now? I don't know. I can't keep up with this goal post moving.

Facepalm, indeed...

Your Bears are most definitely much improved from what they have been in recent years and I'm happy for all of the Bears fans out there. Even though they are not on the same level as the Saints and Rams yet in the NFC they are well on their way to getting there in the next year or two and you have a team to be proud of.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have picked Minny and GB at 1, 1A in that division back in Sept.

I'm no expert but I kind of saw the Bears coming. Maybe not 8-3, but eventually they were going to put their young pieces together and take advantage of a re-tooling Packers and a Vikings team that overpaid a stat compiler qb and added him to a defense that missed its window to win a SB.