• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz already hurt in Indy?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the Colts they play in the same division as the Jags, and the Texans. The bad part is they have a BRUTAL September and October: Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, and 49ers. After that, it becomes a little softer schedule (Texans, Jets, Jags), but they still have the Bucs and Bills in the second half of the season.

They really need Wentz recovery time to be closer to 5 weeks than 12 weeks. If he can get back by mid September, I think they will be alright. If it is late October or later, it may be too late.

????

Even if Carson Wince got back in 5 weeks and drank from the cup of Christ, he'd likely be out 2 weeks later...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????

Even if Carson Wince got back in 5 weeks and drank from the cup of Christ, he'd likely be out 2 weeks later...

You do know that Wentz has average 14 games a season in his career, right? That even includes the games he was benched last year?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking doubtful the Eagles will get the 1st round pick because I can't see him playing 70% of the season, or whatever the stipulation was. Especially if he comes back during the later portion of his prognosis.

Either way still a good trade for Philly even if it doesn't convert to a 1st rounder.
Trading an injured Wentz for a 2nd rounder is a better trade than a healthy Wentz for a 1st rounder.

A healthy Wentz doesn't exist, but the Colts thought he might. Oops.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not decide which way to root. Hating the Eagles a part of me wanted him to light it up and make them regret this trade for a decade. But that would mean a first instead of a 2nd and I'd have to root for this douchebag. I never root for injury but I guess this takes care of the future first.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the Colts they play in the same division as the Jags, and the Texans. The bad part is they have a BRUTAL September and October: Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Dolphins, Ravens, and 49ers. After that, it becomes a little softer schedule (Texans, Jets, Jags), but they still have the Bucs and Bills in the second half of the season.

They really need Wentz recovery time to be closer to 5 weeks than 12 weeks. If he can get back by mid September, I think they will be alright. If it is late October or later, it may be too late.
The Seahawks eat Wentz's lunch. Breakfast and dinner too. They be better off without him for that one.

But he does OWN the hapless Rams.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not decide which way to root. Hating the Eagles a part of me wanted him to light it up and make them regret this trade for a decade. But that would mean a first instead of a 2nd and I'd have to root for this douchebag. I never root for injury but I guess this takes care of the future first.
Only if Wentz plays 75% of the snaps, or 70% and the Colts make the playoffs.

Yes Wentz can play like shit and still give the Eagles a 1st

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Wentz has average 14 games a season in his career, right? That even includes the games he was benched last year?
Do you know that he had injury issues in College and only finished one year out of four as a healthy starter? That's crazy for a guy a team is counting on to be a starting QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading an injured Wentz for a 2nd rounder is a better trade than a healthy Wentz for a 1st rounder.

A healthy Wentz doesn't exist, but the Colts thought he might. Oops.
And so did you...until he was traded. Then apparently your unbiased interpretation of his medical history instantly changed. Go figure...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know that he had injury issues in College and only finished one year out of four as a healthy starter? That's crazy for a guy a team is counting on to be a starting QB

Still, 14 games a season isn't bad for a 5 season stretch in the NFL...especially when he was benched the last 4 games of last season (non injury).

I'm not calling him Superman, by any means, but he isn't made of glass either, in my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Manster, you need to root for Wentz to play 69% of snaps while winning a Super Bowl.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa,........ I never said anything about winning the SB.

OK, good point.

You need to root for Wentz to play 69% of snaps while taking his team to the playoffs and looking like a great player the Eagles sorely miss, only to lose to Dallas/WFT/etc in the big game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, if the Colts want to avoid the trade kicker for the Wentz trade, they just need him to miss about 6 games. Bring back Rivers for the first 6 games, and hope he can keep them at about 3-3 before Wentz returns. Wentz comes back, healthy and fresh, and wins 7-8 of the remaining 11 games and the Colts make the playoffs. At least I imagine that is a Colts fan dream scenario.

Now, as a Lions fan, I'm hoping that Goff puts up great numbers, but the rest of the team is so bad that they still only manage to win 4-5 games and get a top 5 draft pick again. :nod:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, good point.

You need to root for Wentz to play 69% of snaps while taking his team to the playoffs and looking like a great player the Eagles sorely miss, only to lose to Dallas in the big game.
FIFY

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, 14 games a season isn't bad for a 5 season stretch in the NFL...especially when he was benched the last 4 games of last season (non injury).

I'm not calling him Superman, by any means, but he isn't made of glass either, in my opinion.

Has not finished 3 of 5 seasons... guess if you like your QB to be a regular season QB only he would not be that bad.

Heck... only season Eagles made playoffs when he did finish the season he got hurt right away in the playoff game vs Seahawks and McCown had to play almost entire game.

Want my starting QB around for the post season if my team makes the playoffs.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, if the Colts want to avoid the trade kicker for the Wentz trade, they just need him to miss about 6 games. Bring back Rivers for the first 6 games, and hope he can keep them at about 3-3 before Wentz returns. Wentz comes back, healthy and fresh, and wins 7-8 of the remaining 11 games and the Colts make the playoffs. At least I imagine that is a Colts fan dream scenario.

Now, as a Lions fan, I'm hoping that Goff puts up great numbers, but the rest of the team is so bad that they still only manage to win 4-5 games and get a top 5 draft pick again. :nod:
I think only missing 6 games still puts Wentz over the 70% threshold. I think he'll need to miss 7 games or miss the playoffs.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has not finished 3 of 5 seasons... guess if you like your QB to be a regular season QB only he would not be that bad.

Heck... only season Eagles made playoffs when he did finish the season he got hurt right away in the playoff game vs Seahawks and McCown had to play almost entire game.

Want my starting QB around for the post season if my team makes the playoffs.

I agree, he is often hurt at the worst times. But still, averaging 14 games a season in the NFL over a 5 season stretch isn't bad.