• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well know within 24 hrs on Fox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens it will happen fast. If he is not our coach within the next 24, then he never will be. I'm ok with it. We don't always have to discover the new HC. He is safe. We won't be horrible. He'll put together a respectable staff. ... My only Neg is he took Jake D deep once, so I'm betting he will be happy with Cutler.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly Cutler takes him down, like he did Tdog. Shit even Tucker the great could not save us.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch Fox Unless its football so keep us posted

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he flew back to denver, so he was either hired on the spot or everyone in the room is trying to translate all that football talk he used so they can figure out what he said.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he flew back to denver, so he was either hired on the spot or everyone in the room is trying to translate all that football talk he used so they can figure out what he said.

Hmm… if he flew back to Denver already, I’d guess that if we don’t hear something in the next hour or so, the search might not be over just yet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources are popping out of the woodwork that Fox is the man. Man o man am I not excited. He is a huge upgrade and our first experienced HC, so I will give him a chance. Having had Tdog makes me happy to have any new coach.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more excited for Shanahan, even though his stint in Washington was less than good. But Shanahan went from Denver too.

Not really excited either other than he has been there and done that already and shouldnt look like a deer in the headlights. The mentions were Kyle Shannahan as OC and the ex Raida head coach Dennis Allen as DC. Seems to fit the bill of McCaskey wanting to play straight ahead power football and make teams know they were in a game when they finish the game with the bears. There would be more Zone blocking schemes for the O line and he probably has a plan for Cutler that might get him excited about playing again.

Mr undrafted running back (22nd picked RB) had a great season behind the blocking scheme. Welcome back to being a running back matt forte.

C

cubzzzfanincali

My understanding is that Fox would probably defer the blocking scheme to an OC. Shanahan of course would be using zone blocking since that's pretty much his specialty.

If they hire Fox, it will be interesting to see if he tries to apply his customary defensive tactics in Chicago. A 4-3 that plays like a 3-4 (2-gap system, usually two very big DTs), not much difference in assignments between strong and weak side linebackers, and relatively conservative about exotic (secondary) blitzing. I would imagine Fox would want to use a #1 on a DT, otherwise he is going to have to break from his historic approach.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Fox would probably defer the blocking scheme to an OC. Shanahan of course would be using zone blocking since that's pretty much his specialty.

If they hire Fox, it will be interesting to see if he tries to apply his customary defensive tactics in Chicago. A 4-3 that plays like a 3-4 (2-gap system, usually two very big DTs), not much difference in assignments between strong and weak side linebackers, and relatively conservative about exotic (secondary) blitzing. I would imagine Fox would want to use a #1 on a DT, otherwise he is going to have to break from his historic approach.

Yea, this will be real interesting.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just someone smart enough to be able to get these multi millionaires in the right position ot achieve and be like the rest of the nfl that throws different fronts at QB's to throw them off. I am confident the younguns will do much better, both DT's even Fuller and Vareen and the linebackers. Teach dont expect them to know what they are supposed to be doing.

Kinda think Pace was told Fox will be "helping" in player decisions. Dont think he is gonna be too happy about it, but nobody really saw him as a GM yet anyway, he will get over it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen are reporting the Bears are in the process of ironing out a contract with John Fox, should be done soon.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen are reporting the Bears are in the process of ironing out a contract with John Fox, should be done soon.

Bears have themself between a rock and a hard place. Sounds like chasing him to Denver is gonna get Fox everything he wants.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Fox, he's a high floor, low ceiling coach, you know what you're getting, he is a "professional" NFL coach. I believe he will rebuild this team, I just don't know if he can take the Bears all the way to the top. My hope he can rekindle his Delhomme years in Carolina coaching.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't mind Fox, he's a high floor, low ceiling coach, you know what you're getting, he is a "professional" NFL coach. I believe he will rebuild this team, I just don't know if he can take the Bears all the way to the top. My hope he can rekindle his Delhomme years in Carolina coaching.

Yeah, you know, I guess I totally agree with putting it that way. I mean, he is going to drive us crazy with some of his classic strategic mistakes, but you are right that he is probably going to keep a pretty sound locker room together and I doubt the Bears will turn into the soap opera they were this year. And since I don't really have hopes for this team in 2015 anyway, that's probably a decent outcome. The one thing the guy can do is coach up some good defense, so hopefully some of the younger players come along under him.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have themself between a rock and a hard place. Sounds like chasing him to Denver is gonna get Fox everything he wants.

If they can’t get something worked out by the end of the day, is it too far-fetched to think that the Bears might have to continue their search and pursue other candidates? I don’t have a problem with some negotiations between both sides, but if it’s about anything else other than $$$$$$, I don’t think I want Pace to compromise his vision of what the team should look like, and nor should Fox from the coaches perspective, for that matter. That will only lead to acrimony in the not-too-distant future. They either are on the same page (with a few minor adjustments) or they aren’t.

If Fox doesn't work out, I hope Pace has a genuinely viable candidate (or two) waiting in the wings; I don’t want a situation where the Bears have to settle for a candidate, simply because they couldn’t properly execute their own coaching search process. (That’s pretty much how Dick Jauron got the job 16 years ago, isn’t it?)

Last edited by a moderator: