• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well know within 24 hrs on Fox

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article on ESPN.com says the deal is done.

NFL.com has “Bears set to hire John Fox” at the top of their homepage, followed by Fox "making preparations" to take the job, and “Bears ready to hire…” on the right side of the homepage.

I’m nitpicking, but the media should just let us know when its done. This tells me they’re not quite there yet… almost, but not quite. That’s pretty much where they were last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

I’m nitpicking, but the media should just let us know when its done. This tells me they’re not quite there yet… almost, but not quite. That’s pretty much where they were last night.

Dude, what universe are you living in? The modern American media doesn't work like that on anything. Take your high standards and shove them you know where.

;)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what universe are you living in? The modern American media doesn't work like that on anything. Take your high standards and shove them you know where.

;)

Ya, usually they report 15 different stories predicated on blatant hearsay, put out as gospel, weeks before they end up 180 degrees off on the actual story.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Fox, he's a high floor, low ceiling coach, you know what you're getting, he is a "professional" NFL coach. I believe he will rebuild this team, I just don't know if he can take the Bears all the way to the top. My hope he can rekindle his Delhomme years in Carolina coaching.
My hope is he gets a real QB unlike Dslhomme/Cutler. Your whole post is my feelings too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of starting to feel like Cutler is staying here as the QB for next season. Just everything I heard today listening to all of the coverage, interviews, etc…

Not thrilled with the Fox hire, but I do like him enough. Like NCChifan said, you know he's not going to be a train wreck. And he's never really "failed" anywhere. He's taken both teams he coached to super bowls.

Maybe the third time is a charm, and he can reach the top of space mountain here.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the hire. fox has been pretty successful in his previous two heading coaching jobs. I like the fact that he has coaching experience and will hire a good staff on both sides of the ball

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Bears hired John Fox as head coach.

It's a four-year deal. Fox is the 15th head coach in franchise history. Fox enters Chicago on the back of a gaudy 46-18 record he compiled over four years in Denver, but that was built largely on the back of Peyton Manning. Fox was fired in Denver because GM John Elway didn't believe he could take the team to the next level. Now instead of Manning Fox will be working with Jay Cutler, a quarterback who is looking more and more like a coach killer. Fox coordinates neither his offense nor defense, and is extremely conservative in the way he manages games. Fox keeps the trains on time, but doesn't make much of an impact beyond "leadership." That's important, of course, but it's an underwhelming hire for a franchise coming off a disastrous season. If the Bears are realistic, they'll be banking on Fox restoring order, not taking them to the Super Bowl.

- Rotoworld

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such a significant hire and nobody seems really excited. I guess its good to not get our hopes up too high. They still have a pretty big mess left by Emery, with Turf only Allen guaranteed his 11.5 million roster bonus next year, 12.5 total. That would be a place to cut if they could. Houston at 7, Young might need to renegotiate his deal.

Cutty should get some coaching people he can work with and give him a legitimate shot. Forte will be a running back again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(such a significant hire and nobody seems really excited). Ya man, weird. This is huge and we should be dancing in the streets. He may be the best coach we ever hired.

C

cubzzzfanincali

(such a significant hire and nobody seems really excited). Ya man, weird. This is huge and we should be dancing in the streets. He may be the best coach we ever hired.

According to you, great coaching is beside the point. We have the same QB, so why a new coach should make any difference to you confuses me.

;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you, great coaching is beside the point. We have the same QB, so why a new coach should make any difference to you confuses me.

;)
I think coaching makes a difference. C,mon man.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Bears hired John Fox as head coach.

It's a four-year deal. Fox is the 15th head coach in franchise history. Fox enters Chicago on the back of a gaudy 46-18 record he compiled over four years in Denver, but that was built largely on the back of Peyton Manning. Fox was fired in Denver because GM John Elway didn't believe he could take the team to the next level. Now instead of Manning Fox will be working with Jay Cutler, a quarterback who is looking more and more like a coach killer. Fox coordinates neither his offense nor defense, and is extremely conservative in the way he manages games. Fox keeps the trains on time, but doesn't make much of an impact beyond "leadership." That's important, of course, but it's an underwhelming hire for a franchise coming off a disastrous season. If the Bears are realistic, they'll be banking on Fox restoring order, not taking them to the Super Bowl.

- Rotoworld
Dumb thinking by this writer. They fell short because of Mannings injury. Fox as been in a SB with 2 teams. How many teams has he coached? O ya 2. Ya sounds like he can't get there. Total scrub.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this says about a brand new, never before GM, but he certainly didn't go out on a limb with a (dare I say) Trestmanesq pick. The kid actually went out and found a real NFL head coach. Found him, interviewed him and hired him. Now, lets see who Fox hires for assistants, and more importantly for Pace, who Pace drafts.

So far for me, the kid gets props for finding a solid coach to get this ship turned around and pointed in the proper direction. Fox has coached two teams and two teams have gone to the Superbowl... Maybe he goes 3 for 3 ?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Not sure what this says about a brand new, never before GM, but he certainly didn't go out on a limb with a (dare I say) Trestmanesq pick. \

I believe the correct spelling is "Trestmanesque." Probably right there in Webster.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked. He has 12 years NFL HC experience. 2 Super Bowls.

Figured it'd be another coordinator.