• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, Idonije is gone, but... Matt Toeina anybody?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently a free agent. Was always a serviceable DT. I'd say an upgrade from the two other guys we pulled out of a 9 to 5 at Radio Shack to try and boost an NFL pass rush.

If we're not going to pay the 5 mil Seymour is asking for, why not a flier on Toeina?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Toeina on the list with Okoye of guys who are not healthy enough, both had leg problems. Its a case of thinking they might get closer to ready for the playoffs or actually getting someone to get us to the playoffs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Toeina on the list with Okoye of guys who are not healthy enough, both had leg problems. Its a case of thinking they might get closer to ready for the playoffs or actually getting someone to get us to the playoffs.

Gotcha.

I was wondering why either of them hadn't been brought in. Okoye wasn't great, but he was certainly a solid pass rusher. I think either of them coming in healthy would be a help. Demote Minter back to the practice squad, and cut Landon Cohen to make room.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't think Corey Williams or Rocky Bernard are signed. They are old, yeah, but at least they are knowledgeable. And cheap? They have to be better than Corey Wootton at DT.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta think they are looking at every avenue??:noidea:\

Getting Paea back will help.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really its just a Money thing. we have alot of contracts and several players getting paid to not play. the cap is tight. Or else we would have signed a LB and at least A Okoye by now. Ther is probably a little money left but they probably are thinking we need to keep some money in case there is a real crisis. although we are in trouble on the Dline we do have 5-6 guys who can play the position. Not the best group no doubt. but Peppers is still here Paea too. Wooten is good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really its just a Money thing. we have alot of contracts and several players getting paid to not play. the cap is tight. Or else we would have signed a LB and at least A Okoye by now. Ther is probably a little money left but they probably are thinking we need to keep some money in case there is a real crisis. although we are in trouble on the Dline we do have 5-6 guys who can play the position. Not the best group no doubt. but Peppers is still here Paea too. Wooten is good.

The way the D-line has played is a pretty big crisis, considering how they were expected to play, IMO.

Seymour was signed for the league minimum. We signed Lance Cohen for the same deal. I rather have Seymour.

Now that talk is that we may bring in Jay Ratliff, but considering he just failed a physical in Dallas. I don't believe he's healthy enough.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Our Dline isnt producing. I am not defending that. But i think we can play better than we have with the Players we already have. Having Paea back should help. But one thing is our secondary has to play better too to make the Pass rush work. By forcing coverage sacks. and i dont think our Brass thinks the Dline is a bust yet. That doesn't make em right though. I dont like McClellin too much either. But i do think he could improve this week. this would be a good game for him to show us he has atheletisim. I know its a long shot but he could turn out to be important this week against RGlll. I would love to have Richard Seymore. But we don't so our dLine has to suck it up and Play lights out this week on the road. I personally think Okoye would be a good pick up since he has done well in the past for us. But i really think not having Marinelli is showing big time right now.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the D-line has played is a pretty big crisis, considering how they were expected to play, IMO.

Seymour was signed for the league minimum. We signed Lance Cohen for the same deal. I rather have Seymour.

Now that talk is that we may bring in Jay Ratliff, but considering he just failed a physical in Dallas. I don't believe he's healthy enough.

Word has it Ratliff cannot play this year due to an injury. He's looking for a team for next yr.
Not a solution.

Who did Seymour sign with? Just curious. Heard he was asking 5 mil.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word has it Ratliff cannot play this year due to an injury. He's looking for a team for next yr.
Not a solution.

Who did Seymour sign with? Just curious. Heard he was asking 5 mil.

I think it was Cubz who said he signed for the league minimum in Detroit.