• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well DGB announced hes going pro

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize that the Oline is about to take a big hit but this the Rams second chance at getting a star WR. If the Rams had a guy like Benjamin or Evans, they would be hard to beat on offense with a formidable QB. I personally think this kid will be great if he stays out of trouble. I'm all for it....

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt lightning strikes twice with the WR's this year. I bet the crop of WR's suck.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Look at last years draft as a whole. I think we have the most rookies ever in a the pro bowl. That says a lot to last years crop. I mean just look at Aaron Donald...The guy was the best DT in the league last year and a rookie. That just doesn't happen.
I think this years draft will be a bust, much like the 08 draft...Well the draft with Jason smith in it. Maybe it was 09' I don't remember. I try to block it from my mind.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt lightning strikes twice with the WR's this year. I bet the crop of WR's suck.
Its an independent variable. Last year's class has nothing to do with this year's class.

This years class definitely needs more work, though. DGB is a 2 year project. Cooper is from Alabama and their 2nd tier guys sometimes get overhyped...I dont think he is 2nd tier, though, so he is probably going to be good right away.

Imo, this draft is a lot like the 2009 draft. Not all that great but the guys will get drafted in a more proper order

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an independent variable. Last year's class has nothing to do with this year's class.

This years class definitely needs more work, though. DGB is a 2 year project. Cooper is from Alabama and their 2nd tier guys sometimes get overhyped...I dont think he is 2nd tier, though, so he is probably going to be good right away.

Imo, this draft is a lot like the 2009 draft. Not all that great but the guys will get drafted in a more proper order

maybe it's good we're picking 10th then.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it's good we're picking 10th then.
This is going to be one of those drafts that get GMs fired for picking positions and projects while passing over NFL players, Im guessing.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, MM and Winston come to mind. I think they're both gonna flop. I could be completely wrong and of course SJ will be here soon enough to laugh me off the stage but if history has shown us anything it's, heisman trophy winners don't play as well as they should in the NFL and troubled but talented QB's usually end up busting.. See Vince Young.

I think if the Rams are smart they'll pick this years Bridgewater/Carr aka Hundley or Petty in the 2nd or 3rd

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Rams are smart they'll pick this years Bridgewater/Carr aka Hundley or Petty in the 2nd or 3rd
Just purely by tape and numbers, I thought the best QBs coming out last year were:

1)Bridgewater
2)Bortles
3)Mettenburger
4)Manziel
5)Carr

And there were a lot of people who couldn't figure out why Bridgewater dropped. I did comp him to Bradford but he was what Bradford should've been and not who he became. Maybe thats luck or maybe there is just only so much we can gather as fans. I think the funny part about Mettenburger is that he was playing with maybe 4 NFL stars so that made him look really good. Manziel was also playing with 2 NFL stars. Carr was playing with a bunch of guys who will get business degrees.

I disagree with going after Hundley. The point of going back to college is to improve and he really didnt. Petty has potential, though, but Baylors offense might not translate to the NFL at all. I do think its possible that we'll look at next year's draft class a lot like last years...there will be a couple of obvious duds, a couple of maybes and maybe 1 real starter.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, MM and Winston come to mind. I think they're both gonna flop. I could be completely wrong and of course SJ will be here soon enough to laugh me off the stage but if history has shown us anything it's, heisman trophy winners don't play as well as they should in the NFL and troubled but talented QB's usually end up busting.. See Vince Young.

Careful making those statements about Heisman QB's on here Jacob, someone will want facts backing up your statement, when we "should" all know that it's true!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No NO to DGB. He is an immature headcase that even Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon would say needs to grow up. Physically, he is a beast. But he is not worth the risk on a team like this. DGB would be a perfect fit for a team like New England or (dare I say) Seattle where he can get guidance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No NO to DGB. He is an immature headcase that even Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon would say needs to grow up. Physically, he is a beast. But he is not worth the risk on a team like this. DGB would be a perfect fit for a team like New England or (dare I say) Seattle where he can get guidance.
He's either the next Alshon Jeffrey or the next Jonathan Baldwin. A total coin flip. I could see a team like the Ravens picking him up and making him one of the top WRs in the league. I could also see the Chiefs picking him and and DGB out of football in 3 years.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could also see the Chiefs picking him and and DGB out of football in 3 years.

My god... I am surprised the Chiefs fans are not already making signs!! LOL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could also see the Chiefs picking him and and DGB out of football in 3 years.

My god... I am surprised the Chiefs fans are not already making signs!! LOL
The thing about a receiver like DGB is that his skillset is only really exceptional at the deep ball, the deep slant and the comeback route so you can take advantage of his size and speed. All of those things suggest that you need a QB with a killer arm (read: not Alex Smith or Sam Bradford). DGBs footwork, hands and routerunning are nothing special. And lord knows he is going to have trouble staying out of trouble.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on Sams arm strength. He's never had a problem getting the ball where it needs to be. Sometimes I think his arm is too strong and he lacks that 'touch' throw.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on Sams arm strength. He's never had a problem getting the ball where it needs to be. Sometimes I think his arm is too strong and he lacks that 'touch' throw.
He does have strength, yeah. He doesn't have arc or touch. I do believe he throws the deepball to one side much better than the other, too, but I dont have numbers to back that up.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, MM and Winston come to mind. I think they're both gonna flop. I
could be completely wrong and of course SJ will be here soon enough to laugh me
off the stage but if history has shown us anything it's, heisman trophy winners
don't play as well as they should in the NFL and troubled but talented QB's
usually end up busting.. See Vince Young.

I think if the Rams
are smart they'll pick this years Bridgewater/Carr aka Hundley or Petty in the
2nd or 3rd

C'mon man!! NO one is laughing at you comparing Vince Young to Marriota and Winston. :L

I will tell you that Hundley has a lot of Vince Young in his arsenal, but not the head case part. Winston is much better than Vince. Accuracy? Not even close. Winston isn't a hot head like Vince. Winston is a clown with bad timing. Marriota is better than Vince Young as well. Not even close.

So there are 3 QB's better equipped for the NFL than the previous #1 overall pick Vince Young.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley is definitely more like Vince Young than the other 2 QB prospects. I think Vince Young was like the #3 overall pick or so. Not that its all that relevant.

These QB prospects are risky but not risky like Manziel, Young or Tebow. Mariotas risk is going to be how quickly you can get him used to the pro game and Winstons risk is whether you can keep him from throwing interceptions in bunches

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the rams have done a good job with keeping Jenks and Tru out of trouble so far. its simple you put that stuff in the contract thats what they did with Jenks.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about a receiver like DGB is that his skillset is only really exceptional at the deep ball, the deep slant and the comeback route so you can take advantage of his size and speed. All of those things suggest that you need a QB with a killer arm (read: not Alex Smith or Sam Bradford). DGBs footwork, hands and routerunning are nothing special. And lord knows he is going to have trouble staying out of trouble.

maybe we need to get Chase Daniels. :nod: