• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weeks 3-4

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week can be a really good thing or an unmitigated disaster for this Broncos team. The Bucs are not a bad team, and they're next on the docket. No sooner will they wrap up that game and they're heading east on a really short week to take on the Jets on TNF.

I can see this really going either way. This team seems to believe in itself. They hung tough against the Steelers and I think Driskel with a full week of prep time will look decent against the Bucs. The optimist in me can see this team looking like it just renewed its lease on the season, sitting at 2-2 in little more than a week. But part of me can see another 0-4 start. I honestly don't know they'd beat the Jets on a short week unless they beat the Bucs first. I realize these games are not connected, but it speaks to the mindset that sets in when you win or lose.

I honestly believe they win Sunday, they'll win on Thursday. I don't think they'll split these two. Win both or lose both. It could literally be a season saving week or a season ending week.

What says the class?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week can be a really good thing or an unmitigated disaster for this Broncos team. The Bucs are not a bad team, and they're next on the docket. No sooner will they wrap up that game and they're heading east on a really short week to take on the Jets on TNF.

I can see this really going either way. This team seems to believe in itself. They hung tough against the Steelers and I think Driskel with a full week of prep time will look decent against the Bucs. The optimist in me can see this team looking like it just renewed its lease on the season, sitting at 2-2 in little more than a week. But part of me can see another 0-4 start. I honestly don't know they'd beat the Jets on a short week unless they beat the Bucs first. I realize these games are not connected, but it speaks to the mindset that sets in when you win or lose.

I honestly believe they win Sunday, they'll win on Thursday. I don't think they'll split these two. Win both or lose both. It could literally be a season saving week or a season ending week.

What says the class?
Lets hope things go well and they lose both.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope things go well and they lose both.

Dude...with 14 games still to play and a 7th seed added to the playoffs I think it's too early to start calling for a tank season. I think this team can gut out a 9-7 record still, and that may be good enough to get them in. I'd rather see this young team get some playoff exposure than tank for the uncertainty of the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't root for my team to lose. At the end of the year I might be happier, but just defeats the purpose to me of having a favorite team. I want Lawrence, Fields or Sewell as much as anyone and things look bleak with our injuries, but I have no control over us winning or losing so I might as well root for my team and whatever happens, happens. I am happy enough with Lock to not have to root for my team to lose. But an OT would be nice too. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fans are they letting into the stadium?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't root for my team to lose. At the end of the year I might be happier, but just defeats the purpose to me of having a favorite team. I want Lawrence, Fields or Sewell as much as anyone and things look bleak with our injuries, but I have no control over us winning or losing so I might as well root for my team and whatever happens, happens. I am happy enough with Lock to not have to root for my team to lose. But an OT would be nice too. ;)
Well, look at it as a win win situation. When you change the way you look at something, the thing you are looking at, changes.

This team will not be overcoming these injuries. Just not going to happen. Cannot generate a pass rush, cannot block any from the RT position, along with the fact that hoping Driskel is going to be decent enough....

Look, he did decent last week. That is not uncommon for relief QBs to come in and do well. They operate with relatively light pressure of low expectations, the opposing defense has not prepared for them.

Now, when teams can game plan for that QB, it usually starts to go the other way. Sometimes they ride a wave, ala Case Keenum in 2017 or Nick Foles in 2017. So, you never know.

We as fans should HOPE FOR THAT, but it isn't likely. There is a win win scenario. If the Broncos somehow fall completely apart, there is a potential to be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will have to have worse record out right to get #1 pick because SOS will drop them out of it in a tie. Honestly as much as I love to think adding talent team building we are going into week 3. I am more interested in seeing growth from our young O and get Lock back to 100%. Last thing I want is getting Detroit Lion mentality of maybe next season in late sept. I'm just glad we are even having a season. Sit back and take it all in.

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will have to have worse record out right to get #1 pick because SOS will drop them out of it in a tie. Honestly as much as I love to think adding talent team building we are going into week 3. I am more interested in seeing growth from our young O and get Lock back to 100%. Last thing I want is getting Detroit Lion mentality of maybe next season in late sept. I'm just glad we are even having a season. Sit back and take it all in.

Hear, hear! :suds:

Even if I'm wrong about the season being salvageable the last thing I want is to see this team (and fanbase) come to expect losing in order to position itself for draft picks. That has not served teams like the Lions/Browns all that well. Teams like the Patriots and Steelers have consistently picked later in the draft and yet they're perennially competing for their division. (Well, in the Patriots case it helps the rest of that division hasn't had its act together for the better part of 20 years, but you see my point.)

I was proud of the way this team played late last season. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a lethargic and void of emotion mentality from my team. Flacco against the Chiefs last year was so bad I refused to watch the following week when he started against the Colts. If 2020 just turns out to be the extended 2021 preseason to this team, so be it. I'd like to see Lock heal up and get some game reps with JJ, Hamler, Hamilton, and Patrick. I'd like to see Driskel (and maybe Bortles) keep the team afloat while Lock heals up.

This week can seriously change our outlook on the season. That's one of the only good things about TNF: it presents an opportunity to completely re-write the early season narrative on this team. After watching a team refuse to roll over for a heavily favored Steelers team I am hopeful they rally and can give Brady the same treatment he usually receives when he comes to Denver. They do that and follow it up with a win over a direction-less Jets team and at 2-2 it's going to feel like a completely different season. And that in a span of 5 days.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Talent is needed. OT and Olber and Cb is needed now. The higher the pick the better talent within the first 3 rounds. Until this team can make plays in crunch time watching just a bunch of JAgs. Who can run fast. OJM drop man that hurt that was points directly off the board. It’s those types of plays that make watching his team frustrating.

I can longer look at the positive when two simple catches may have won both games.

If they learn to make plays then the talent can move forward otherwise having a high pick has to be a realistic option I point to Sutton/Risner at the top of the 2nd round vs a middle round 2 pick.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Talent is needed. OT and Olber and Cb is needed now. The higher the pick the better talent within the first 3 rounds. Until this team can make plays in crunch time watching just a bunch of JAgs. Who can run fast. OJM drop man that hurt that was points directly off the board. It’s those types of plays that make watching his team frustrating.

I can longer look at the positive when two simple catches may have won both games.

If they learn to make plays then the talent can move forward otherwise having a high pick has to be a realistic option I point to Sutton/Risner at the top of the 2nd round vs a middle round 2 pick.
You all seem to think there is all of this money out there....

What do we as fans prioritize as far as value?

OLs are 5 guys acting as one unit and if they are good, one OL is going to cost big bucks.

Defense is probably most important, perhaps more important than a QB unless we can get our hands on a Mahomes. Brady never won a SB without a top 10 defense. First 3 SBs those defenses were elite especially the one that shut down the greatest show on turf. The tale of two Broncos teams....2013 and 2015 Broncos teams. No greater proof of what is more important, defense or offense.

Productive WRS which is what Sutton and Jeudy will be will command large dollars. Let me list some of the best statistical WRs over the last 20 years.

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham
Deandre Hopkins
Julio Jones
Amari Cooper

Notice anything other than those WRs being very productive for FF teams and commanding large dollars?

No rings....

To date, there has been 13 times when a QB has passed over 5000 yards. Not one of them won the SB that year.

So, what does all of those FACTS mean? Don't know. Personally I believe the two most common ingredients for championship teams are..

Solid defense
Solid OL

Before we list the franchise QBs, find out how their defenses were those years they won it.

So, when Jeudy and Sutton are up for their large contracts, what as fans do you want?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many TE’s on this roster and really only Fant making an impact. Time to roll out Alber O. soon once fully healthy. I wouldn’t mind see more Butt (no pun intended) and less Vannett.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we totally throw in the towel ( which I’m guilty of doing), let’s face the fact that we have played two teams that will likely be in the playoffs in really close games. But if we lose the next two and have further depletion of the roster, I’ll be on the TfT bandwagon.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piggybacking on my last post, I am always surprised by us fans who bring up the false notion of "rebuilding" in a league with a hard cap. That, makes no sense. Not in any real way.

Cannot even keep half of the draft picks 4 years after if that draft was successful. Someone explain how.

Cannot surround some QB with talent without severely compromising other crucial aspects of a team.

A highest paid QB still has not won a SB. Brady collected 6 rings and he was 18th highest paid QB during his last 3 wins. Cannot even wish for that. Btw, Brady from 2004 to 2014 had no rings, but that is when they paid him and WRs (Moss) big money. Let go of their key defensive player like Malloy, Law, Seymour. Bradys first 4 years, worst statistical seasons yet was 10-0 in the playoffs with 3 rings. From 04 to 14, his best statistical seasons, no rings and 8 and 8 in the playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers has not been to a SB since 2010. They had the second rated defense PPG that year. He then immediately gets paid and not until last year has their defense been ranked in the top 10 since.

Brees put up all sorts of numbers (i think 5000 yards back to back) and they went 7 and 9 each year of his best stats years.

The point is every year is it's own entity and "building for the future" is a fallacy in a league with a hard cap.

Where am I wrong?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sutton out, Albert O needs to be called up.
Even if he plays 5 plays on the goal line teams will have to account for him and Fant. It’s a no brainer.
If he is not active can’t understand their thinking.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sutton out, Albert O needs to be called up.
Even if he plays 5 plays on the goal line teams will have to account for him and Fant. It’s a no brainer.
If he is not active can’t understand their thinking.

My understanding is that Albert O has not been 100% since the start of the season. We are pretty full at TE, but I don't look at him not dressing as a bad sign. He is a rookie at a position we have experience at and a lot of players (Not that any are doing anything outside of Fant) but why rush it when he isn't 100%? I do agree that I would like to see him active now and I think if not this week he will be very soon. I don't see the other TE's blowing anyone away and I am really rooting for Butt and Beck has a role... Vannett I know is here to block, but I want to see what Fant and Albert O can do together especially in the red zone. I think we will see it soon, but I know Albert O has been banged up for a few weeks.