• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 @ Patriots

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas...it doesn't get much easier this week.

Back on the road again...at least they stay in the same time zone.

Last week really showed me that this team is lacking OFC players that can perform in the RZ...I didn't see Moye in the game in any of the RZ trips (was active), so I'm just not really understanding Haley. There is some tape on him now, so if he's in there I think teams have to respect the fact he might be the target. Paulson is proving to be a waste.

Okay to the game at hand.

Although NE has a good record, this team doesn't have a ton of firepower...in his 2 games back Brady targeted Gronk 22 times. But those guys will make plays if you leave them open.

My DEF game plan...I'm not worried about the ground game beating me this week, so I'm going nickel with Thomas on the field in favor of Williams a fair amount of snaps this week. In passing situations I think our CBs to man up on their WRs and double Gronk with Timmons & Troy or Timmons and Thomas.

Also...I'd like to Troy up on the line on Woodley's side more this week since NE is starting a new RT.

OFC...I'm hopeful with their freight train out @ NT that we can get some type of running game established with that big pkg they used vs OAK with Adams @ TE.

In short, it's really tough to pick the Steelers this week, NE is always a tough place to win, but I do like the OL matchup better with Wilfork out. Before the season started I picked OAK as a win and NE as a loss...the Steelers know their season is over (it already is really) if they drop this one.

Just based on the 2nd half effort in OAK, I give these guys half a chance in NE.

I'm going PIT in this one...score 24-20 or something rather close.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas...it doesn't get much easier this week.

Back on the road again...at least they stay in the same time zone.

Last week really showed me that this team is lacking OFC players that can perform in the RZ...I didn't see Moye in the game in any of the RZ trips (was active), so I'm just not really understanding Haley. There is some tape on him now, so if he's in there I think teams have to respect the fact he might be the target. Paulson is proving to be a waste.

Okay to the game at hand.

Although NE has a good record, this team doesn't have a ton of firepower...in his 2 games back Brady targeted Gronk 22 times. But those guys will make plays if you leave them open.

My DEF game plan...I'm not worried about the ground game beating me this week, so I'm going nickel with Thomas on the field in favor of Williams a fair amount of snaps this week. In passing situations I think our CBs to man up on their WRs and double Gronk with Timmons & Troy or Timmons and Thomas.

Also...I'd like to Troy up on the line on Woodley's side more this week since NE is starting a new RT.

OFC...I'm hopeful with their freight train out @ NT that we can get some type of running game established with that big pkg they used vs OAK with Adams @ TE.

In short, it's really tough to pick the Steelers this week, NE is always a tough place to win, but I do like the OL matchup better with Wilfork out. Before the season started I picked OAK as a win and NE as a loss...the Steelers know their season is over (it already is really) if they drop this one.

Just based on the 2nd half effort in OAK, I give these guys half a chance in NE.

I'm going PIT in this one...score 24-20 or something rather close.

Like i said earlier, we dont do well in the redzone. Hard time seeing us score 24. We could win, but maybe not score that much. And to say we have weapons on the outside, we should be putting up more pts

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said earlier, we dont do well in the redzone. Hard time seeing us score 24. We could win, but maybe not score that much. And to say we have weapons on the outside, we should be putting up more pts

Talib is out as well I think...you could be right on the points, but I do see them getting into the endzone twice and a couple of FGs...well, maybe on the FGs.

One of my upset picks came thru already...CIN going down last night had to give them some extra boost for the plane ride.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is out as well I think...you could be right on the points, but I do see them getting into the endzone twice and a couple of FGs...well, maybe on the FGs.

One of my upset picks came thru already...CIN going down last night had to give them some extra boost for the plane ride.

that should have read "like u said earlier" :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game should come down to the 4th quarter, but like a lot of others are saying, I just don't think PIT has enough firepower on offense to get it done. Especially with yet another makeshift O-line in place. DeCastro is out, Whimper is likely to get reinjured, so the run game is going to be a non factor. The Defense has containment issues, as well as consistency issues. If they keep creating turnovers, then they will have a chance.

I think this game will end up in the 'teens. I don't want to give a prediction because I have only been right (close prediction) once out of 7 games. Maybe I can stir up some good luck by not giving a prediction.

PS... Can I get a hallelujah for the 'Fins beating the Bungals last night??? :yahoo:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game should come down to the 4th quarter, but like a lot of others are saying, I just don't think PIT has enough firepower on offense to get it done. Especially with yet another makeshift O-line in place. DeCastro is out, Whimper is likely to get reinjured, so the run game is going to be a non factor. The Defense has containment issues, as well as consistency issues. If they keep creating turnovers, then they will have a chance.

I think this game will end up in the 'teens. I don't want to give a prediction because I have only been right (close prediction) once out of 7 games. Maybe I can stir up some good luck by not giving a prediction.

PS... Can I get a hallelujah for the 'Fins beating the Bungals last night??? :yahoo:

:10:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a low scoring game, which really helps the PIT OFC...at this point the OL is going to be hodge podge the rest of the way I think.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red hot steaming garbage

what the hell was ben doing in the game at the end? makes no sense to risk him getting hurt.

hang on to your hats, shit is hitting the fan.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red hot steaming garbage

what the hell was ben doing in the game at the end? makes no sense to risk him getting hurt.

hang on to your hats, shit is hitting the fan.

People already calling for household changes in the offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always tough... But it's clearly obvious that the team needs to move in a different direction. This team is just not good enough, personnel-wise, to run the schemes set in place. And neither coordinator seems intent on adhering to the talent at hand. It could boil down to a stubborn coach or two, but regardless of the case, this team simply just doesn't have the pieces yet.

No matter what happens to Lebeau, he will always be a steelers legend. And rightfully so!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
197 yds on the ground really does indicate they need to make some changes. Really nothing else to say beyond that about the game.

While I don't think anyone should be safe...I've said if the effort is there on Sunday Tomlin, probably survives this, but 55 pts can't happen again.

D/C...at his age I really don't see Lebeau wanting to or needing to stick around rebuilding with a DEF that has a 3 yr learning curve. Scheme wise...Tomlin came out of a 4-3 in MIN I'm pretty sure...I could see them moving to that if that can't get a legit NT to run the 3-4. I've been saying the DL players look to be better suited for a 4-3...McLendon/Hood @ DT, Heyward/Woodley @ DE, Worilds, Timmons, Jones.

OFC...I'm okay so far with Haley...new OL coach, but yet to find any consistently good play. Still having too many combinations to build on I know, but...at what point do they failed with these picks.

That said I still think PIT has to look at getting bigger targets @ the TE or WR spot...I think my attention to the draft just increased.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
197 yds on the ground really does indicate they need to make some changes. Really nothing else to say beyond that about the game.

While I don't think anyone should be safe...I've said if the effort is there on Sunday Tomlin, probably survives this, but 55 pts can't happen again.

D/C...at his age I really don't see Lebeau wanting to or needing to stick around rebuilding with a DEF that has a 3 yr learning curve. Scheme wise...Tomlin came out of a 4-3 in MIN I'm pretty sure...I could see them moving to that if that can't get a legit NT to run the 3-4. I've been saying the DL players look to be better suited for a 4-3...McLendon/Hood @ DT, Heyward/Woodley @ DE, Worilds, Timmons, Jones.

OFC...I'm okay so far with Haley...new OL coach, but yet to find any consistently good play. Still having too many combinations to build on I know, but...at what point do they failed with these picks.

That said I still think PIT has to look at getting bigger targets @ the TE or WR spot...I think my attention to the draft just increased.

Yeah, agreed about the 4-3 being better suited to the players they currently have, and a 4-3 with a cover two shell isn't a hard defense to use as a base. Not sure how you get from here to there, as Lebeau will almost certainly have to go for that to occur, hopefully he goes willingly.

I don't really like Haley, but it seems like the Steelers should be using the pass to set up the run, ie they have the personnel to run an offense based on quick/short passing to open up the rest of the playbook. The have the receivers to fit that mold, Bell, yesterday notwithstanding, is a decent receiver out of the backfield. It would slow down the rush, and open some lanes in the running game by taking some aggression away from the defense. I'm thinking Ben is the impediment to that happening, he has said time and time again he likes to extend the play, and get the ball down the field, well the personnel doesn't match that anymore, time to change.

I agree about TE and WR, we need someone dynamic there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agreed about the 4-3 being better suited to the players they currently have, and a 4-3 with a cover two shell isn't a hard defense to use as a base. Not sure how you get from here to there, as Lebeau will almost certainly have to go for that to occur, hopefully he goes willingly.

I don't really like Haley, but it seems like the Steelers should be using the pass to set up the run, ie they have the personnel to run an offense based on quick/short passing to open up the rest of the playbook. The have the receivers to fit that mold, Bell, yesterday notwithstanding, is a decent receiver out of the backfield. It would slow down the rush, and open some lanes in the running game by taking some aggression away from the defense. I'm thinking Ben is the impediment to that happening, he has said time and time again he likes to extend the play, and get the ball down the field, well the personnel doesn't match that anymore, time to change.

I agree about TE and WR, we need someone dynamic there.

My thing with Haley is you don't know how this is weighing on him, but when the Rooneys publicly said they want to run the ball more and shortly after you're hired as the OC.

Old dogs struggle to learn to new tricks...Arians was Ben's guy, and I don't get sense Tomlin wanted to let him go either...the team was really kind of built to play the way we were playing with Ben throwing 40 times...that just wasn't the Steeler way.

The whole puzzle has parts forced into place. If they wanted to be a pound and ground team...they should've kept Colon to pair with DeCastro @ G.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing with Haley is you don't know how this is weighing on him, but when the Rooneys publicly said they want to run the ball more and shortly after you're hired as the OC.

Old dogs struggle to learn to new tricks...Arians was Ben's guy, and I don't get sense Tomlin wanted to let him go either...the team was really kind of built to play the way we were playing with Ben throwing 40 times...that just wasn't the Steeler way.

The whole puzzle has parts forced into place. If they wanted to be a pound and ground team...they should've kept Colon to pair with DeCastro @ G.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, Art was foolish to comment at all on how the teams plays beyond generics. He has no business at all commenting on the on-field product unless he wants to make a management change.

If getting rid of Arians truly came from the top, that's as dysfunctional as you get, that's Jerry Jones level crap.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, Art was foolish to comment at all on how the teams plays beyond generics. He has no business at all commenting on the on-field product unless he wants to make a management change.

If getting rid of Arians truly came from the top, that's as dysfunctional as you get, that's Jerry Jones level crap.

The "unofficial mandate" to get back to a better run/pass balance was communicated to Arians.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you guys, I think it was just one of those days when Brady had it going on. Tying things at 24 was well done but then Brady Gronk put the throttle down.

I agree with you cats calling for changes. It's tough for a good team like yours and Tomlin's won a SB so it's tough to let go sometimes. Pats have caught shit all year for letting Welker go but in the long run, it just needed to happen.

Good luck the rest of the year to you folks. I'm thinking that the Pats chances of a Championship went out the window with Wilfork but I guess we'll have to see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you guys, I think it was just one of those days when Brady had it going on. Tying things at 24 was well done but then Brady Gronk put the throttle down.

I agree with you cats calling for changes. It's tough for a good team like yours and Tomlin's won a SB so it's tough to let go sometimes. Pats have caught shit all year for letting Welker go but in the long run, it just needed to happen.

Good luck the rest of the year to you folks. I'm thinking that the Pats chances of a Championship went out the window with Wilfork but I guess we'll have to see.

Congrats...it was a game for a 3 and half QTRs but a beat down is a beat down.

Idk if changing Tomlin is the cure or not...but we could be heading in that direction.

Generally speaking...to beat the Patriots, you really have to be better than them, and play better than them on that Sunday...especially in NE.

People wonder why PIT has struggled against Brady...I think if you keep showing the same DEF system to a HOF coach, and a HOF QB they will figure it out.