• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9 Early & Late games (excluding DEN/NE)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fumbled before he cross the plain

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I kinda feel bad for Kaep, wow

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not about the better team that day anymore. its about the NFL and refs screwing everything up. Safety was clear, Crabtree TD was clear and Kap TD was clear(yes he fumbled the snap took position and went over the goal line and fumbled again. Its a TD right when he clears the goal line. This was a joke.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not about the better team that day anymore. its about the NFL and refs screwing everything up. Safety was clear, Crabtree TD was clear and Kap TD was clear(yes he fumbled the snap took position and went over the goal line and fumbled again. Its a TD right when he clears the goal line. This was a joke.

The Austin play probably was indeed a safety, if you are referring to Crabtree at the goal-line on the final drive, that definitely was NOT a TD, and I would say the final play was far from clear a TD (though it could have been ruled either way).

Of course - again - if the refs had correctly called the personal foul for slamming the Rams runner into the ground in favour of the Rams on their final drive, it is up for debate whether the 49ers would even have had a final drive, and how many time outs left. Also, I did not see the play, but I know the announcers also seemed to refer to a Laurenaitis fumble recovery (and TD return? Not sure about that) that the officials got wrong in favour of the Rams. And - of course - the officials bailed themselves out nicely by the off-setting block-in-the-back calls on the Austin punt return for a TD which they ruled completely incorrectly that Austin had stepped out of bounds (and it was not even that close)...

I do agree with you that the refs have way too much influence upon the game, their inconsistency is completely ruining the game, and that on a regular basis they seem completely incompetent in properly spotting the ball as well as determining OOB calls. I think the NFL should be looking in some kind of technical solution to determining properly spotting the ball.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Austin play probably was indeed a safety, if you are referring to Crabtree at the goal-line on the final drive, that definitely was NOT a TD, and I would say the final play was far from clear a TD (though it could have been ruled either way).

Of course - again - if the refs had correctly called the personal foul for slamming the Rams runner into the ground in favour of the Rams on their final drive, it is up for debate whether the 49ers would even have had a final drive, and how many time outs left. Also, I did not see the play, but I know the announcers also seemed to refer to a Laurenaitis fumble recovery (and TD return? Not sure about that) that the officials got wrong in favour of the Rams. And - of course - the officials bailed themselves out nicely by the off-setting block-in-the-back calls on the Austin punt return for a TD which they ruled completely incorrectly that Austin had stepped out of bounds (and it was not even that close)...

I do agree with you that the refs have way too much influence upon the game, their inconsistency is completely ruining the game, and that on a regular basis they seem completely incompetent in properly spotting the ball as well as determining OOB calls. I think the NFL should be looking in some kind of technical solution to determining properly spotting the ball.

10505380_10204820713855097_2198927167605715770_n.jpg

You must go to the same optometrist as Jerome Boger.