• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 WW darlings..........

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got? The obvious is Boykin (probably gone), James and DHB. If DHB could catch (which is the usuall requirement for a WR) he would be a great pick up. Fleener (see DHB). Am I missing anybody! Wood maybe?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simpson and Patterson could possibly gain some value...:hope:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Jordan Reed, Keenum, McCown, maybe even Keller.. let's not leave the QB'S out of this. .some teams may have been relying on Cutler as their QB1.. hope there wasn't many with Schuab or Bradford.. but never know

LeVon Brazzil (indy) might be worth a look, as well as Drew Davis (atl)

Last edited by a moderator:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Bradford and Martin in one league. (Just picked up Freeman on Friday.) But Vick, Alex Smith & Big Ben are available on WW. Who would you target?

Even worse, I have Cutler, Bradford, Reggie Wayne and James Jones in another league. No hope for me there.

Non-Fantasy Note
I thought McCown played well in Jay's absence. The bigger loss for the Bears is losing Lance Briggs. Besides being a top IDP guy, the Bears couldn't stop anyone once Briggs was out.

So Chef, who finishes last in the NC North? Your Vikes or my Bears?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Bradford and Martin in one league. (Just picked up Freeman on Friday.) But Vick, Alex Smith & Big Ben are available on WW. Who would you target?

Even worse, I have Cutler, Bradford, Reggie Wayne and James Jones in another league. No hope for me there.

Non-Fantasy Note
I thought McCown played well in Jay's absence. The bigger loss for the Bears is losing Lance Briggs. Besides being a top IDP guy, the Bears couldn't stop anyone once Briggs was out.

That's a really good question. I think i'd still have to say the Vikes, but...it could be a little closer than it was.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen parts of the last 2 Indy games and as I said earlier, if DHB could catch he would have had at least one long TD and looked to drop one last night too...............IDK, but with Foster and Martin both on my money league team I got pretty lucky to win that game (thanks to VJax, Gore and Indy kicker that I can never spell his name).
Please, oh fantasy gods hear my cries! Please let this last weeks performance by Kaps be the sign of good things to come. Also, while you're at it could you let Arian Foster come back from his Anti-Awesomeness Part 2 100%? If that's too much to ask, then can Ben Tate please come back 100%. Oh yeah, and DMC. Can he at least stay healthy enough to play for the rest of the season (I know you might want me to sign a contract for that one but I think I may have you fooled as pretty sure I'm going to end up "Down There" anyway). There's more, but if you could just find it in your heart to help out with any of these requests I PROMISE to never let the temptation of getting some of these guys fairly cheap blind me into drafting them again. Oh crap, almost forgot. Can we go back in time and not throw that pass to Doug Martin?
Thanks,
The Worst GM in Fantasy Football History

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Non-Fantasy Note

Thought Jones wasn't that bad and might be back next week...........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Jones wasn't that bad and might be back next week...........

That league is a lost cause. I'm 0-6, about to go 0-7 after tonight. James Jones is of no consequence at this point. Even if I win out (which is unlikely), I don't think that a 6-7 team is making the fantasy playoffs.

Second-Worse GM in Fantasy Football Histor

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what's funny in my money league is that my team is 5-2..................here's to getting lucky and winning 2 more games this year and I should get into the playoffs at 7-7. Next week I play the points leader and half of his team is on a bye and I think he is out of Blind Bidding money just like me. He just traded Vernon Davis away and has Graham at TE..............

BTW, back on topic...........what about Jonathan Stewart? Should we be looking at him yet?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what's funny in my money league is that my team is 5-2..................here's to getting lucky and winning 2 more games this year and I should get into the playoffs at 7-7. Next week I play the points leader and half of his team is on a bye and I think he is out of Blind Bidding money just like me. He just traded Vernon Davis away and has Graham at TE..............

BTW, back on topic...........what about Jonathan Stewart? Should we be looking at him yet?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shonn Greene. Chris Johnson hasn't looked so hot except for a couple of catch-and-runs.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My number one guy would be Andre Brown if he's out there...not gonna help until Week 10, but help he should be.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My number one guy would be Andre Brown if he's out there...not gonna help until Week 10, but help he should be.
Owned in 3 of the 4 leagues I play in but that's a great call...............hoping to get James but that won't happen so I'll probably put a bid in for DHB......................shit on the wire for RB.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy probably won't last the week. If the Texans pick him up I'll put a bid on him.................

The Steelers have released Redman, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Analysis: Redman has been squeezed out of the Steelers' backfield mix by the emergence of Le'Veon Bell, but with the recent wave of injuries around the league, Redman could find a new job in short order.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owned in 3 of the 4 leagues I play in but that's a great call...............hoping to get James but that won't happen so I'll probably put a bid in for DHB......................shit on the wire for RB.

I picked up both Andre and Shonn last week. They are sitting on my bench along with Roddy and Percy....waiting...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a really good question. I think i'd still have to say the Vikes, but...it could be a little closer than it was.

The more I think about it... Suh will step on someone's face or find some other way to get suspended. In other words, the Lions are about due to self-destruct as usual.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout Quarless for GB with Finley out.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin/Vereen/Crabtree

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same as Vereen, actually. NE is on a bye Week 10, so most likely Week 11 for Vereen (may make an appearance Week 9). They're saying mid-to-late November for Crabtree, who's starting to run, so Week 11 or 12.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same as Vereen, actually. NE is on a bye Week 10, so most likely Week 11 for Vereen (may make an appearance Week 9). They're saying mid-to-late November for Crabtree, who's starting to run, so Week 11 or 12.

That's a good point Will. My thinking is week 11 for Vareen but with his injury I think he will be able to be productive right off the bat...............not so sure about Crabby. The league I picked Vereen up in runs all the way to week 17 SB so a possible 6 weeks of Vereen+3 hurt RB's (Foster,Martin and Tate)=What the hell! Lol.