• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 v. SD

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah CD, I was being a bit of a smart a$$. I like the Broncos playing the best teams at full strength. It tells you something about yourself and the games tend to be better.

I know, I know I'm spoiled but this years home schedule wasn't the best I have seen. The away schedule would have been awesome to see at home.

I agree I wish the schedule was reversed for the season. Getting Seattle and NE at home would have been so much fun to watch our Broncos beat up on them. Tired of our NE game being in NE. I know the schedule is set in place many years in advance other than a couple of them so it is what it is. Still a little surprised though by the people who actually come up with the order of our schedule in how they decided to do ours. Early Bye week plus a ton of road games to end the season...Somewhat a "Screw you guys" kind of schedule. Thankfully we have a good enough team to rise above that kind of difficulty but still doesn't make it any easier. Another thing I did notice about our schedule is for the 3 other divisional champs that we are playing we have 2 of the 3 on the road with Indy the only home one. Again just another challenge to the schedule but hey you play the schedule they stick in front of you.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for tomorrow and beyond THIS season but I peeked at next year and the schedule is awesome. Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Minnesota, AFC East (probably the Pats). Good stuff, sorry if I hijacked the thread. I'm done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for tomorrow and beyond THIS season but I peeked at next year and the schedule is awesome. Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Minnesota, AFC East (probably the Pats). Good stuff, sorry if I hijacked the thread. I'm done.

I'm starting to think getting back to this season that Baltimore might be the 2nd best team in the AFC. Some teams that I didn't think would be as good as they have looked are that of Baltimore and Indy so far. They both have better defenses than what I thought there would be and Flacco is playing much better than I thought he would (although most of his damage has been done against the horrible NFC South so far).

Going into this season I really thought it would be Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals as the top-3 fighting for the Super Bowl. Now obviously a lot of season left but I just have not been impressed with the Patriots or Bengals so far. Both have laid some stinkers and some serious injuries like Mayo and AJ Green are starting to really take their toll.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think getting back to this season that Baltimore might be the 2nd best team in the AFC. Some teams that I didn't think would be as good as they have looked are that of Baltimore and Indy so far. They both have better defenses than what I thought there would be and Flacco is playing much better than I thought he would (although most of his damage has been done against the horrible NFC South so far).

Going into this season I really thought it would be Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals as the top-3 fighting for the Super Bowl. Now obviously a lot of season left but I just have not been impressed with the Patriots or Bengals so far. Both have laid some stinkers and some serious injuries like Mayo and AJ Green are starting to really take their toll.

I completely agree. After 7 weeks of the season, I think that the Broncos, Colts and Ravens are the surest bets to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

I'm way more up in the air regarding the NFC. I've got to believe that the 9'ers and the Seahawks will work their way back into the mix. Dallas, Green Bay, Arizona? I think the NFC is more wide open.

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. After 7 weeks of the season, I think that the Broncos, Colts and Ravens are the surest bets to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

I'm way more up in the air regarding the NFC. I've got to believe that the 9'ers and the Seahawks will work their way back into the mix. Dallas, Green Bay, Arizona? I think the NFC is more wide open.

MH64

Probably the only team in the NFC that I have confidence in is that of Green Bay. They have the proven quarterback and track record of making the playoffs. Dallas has looked great but I just can't help think of all the December collapses and just waiting to see when that happens. Plus I just don't think they can keep giving Murray the ball like they have been. They are going to run him into the ground. Arizona I like but with injuries, quarterback concerns, and playing in what should be a tough division I just don't know if they can hold onto the top spot. Seahawks seem to be a team that is in chaos right now. They definitely have the talent to turn it around quickly but I honestly think they miss the playoffs this year. 49ers I actually do think turn it around and I actually have them winning the NFC West. They have some talented players coming back soon and I just like the fight they have shown even with the injuries other than against us of course.

If I had to pick this is what I would say for the NFC...

1. Philly--I just think they keep things going
2. Green Bay--hard not to like how things are clicking for them right now
3. San Fran--listed above
4. Saints--They haven't lost a home game since 2011 and have quite a few home games left...helps to be in such a horrible division right now
5. Dallas
6. Arizona

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we put a beat down on San Diego. I agree with Cdumler on how the NFC finishes except I would flip Arizona and San Fran. The AFC East game should be the Pats because all other teams in the AFC East stink. I think it is time the Jets fire Rex Ryan once the season ends. It looks like they are trying to compete for the worst record in the NFL. The worst record in the NFL should go to Oakland. I don't know who will be the first pick in the nfl draft next year.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Detriot have a history of collapsing at the end of the regular season.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Dallas might be legit this year. If Murray keeps up his running way, and they don't HAVE to win on the arm of Romo, they'll make the playoffs. They'll probably even win the division, although the Eggles will have something to say about that.

As for our game today.....I'm really not gonna miss seeing Ryan Matthew out there. That douche always seems to save his good games for when the Chuggers play us.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the Broncos will cover at -8.

I'm on a super-duper hot streak lately and kinda wanna lay some coin, but anything over a TD against SD kinda gives me doubts.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Dallas might be legit this year. If Murray keeps up his running way, and they don't HAVE to win on the arm of Romo, they'll make the playoffs. They'll probably even win the division, although the Eggles will have something to say about that.

As for our game today.....I'm really not gonna miss seeing Ryan Matthew out there. That douche always seems to save his good games for when the Chuggers play us.

LOL That's a convenient excuse for why I drafted him on my fantasy team!

Agreed on Dallas, Doc. Their o-line looks bad assed to me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think the Broncos will cover at -8.

I'm on a super-duper hot streak lately and kinda wanna lay some coin, but anything over a TD against SD kinda gives me doubts.

I'm all in on covering. Suffice to say, however, that that is certainly no guarantee!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you TD. I was gonna lay $100 on them last week to cover, but didn't think we'd kill SF like we did. I may hold off on this one. SD always seems to be a handful when they come to Denver.

Off topic sort of.......what is everybodys take on the contract talks for DT and JT being called off until after the season? I absolutely thought we'd have locked up DT by now, so I'm not sure what the thinking is there. He has to be the #1 and #2 priority I would think going into the offseason. I just hope he's not rubbed the wrong way, as I understand the two sides aren't even really close in terms of $$. As much as I hate to think about losing Julius, he's just not the impact player that DT is. Not to mention that Harris Jr., Von and Knighton are all gonna be due big raises pretty quick too. I personally think all 3 are higher priority than Julius.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this one being a blow out. On one hand I see San Diego beat up like we saw with the 49ers but on the other hand this is a divisional game against a rival who has played us pretty tough. At the same time this is a home game so that helps but then again with it being a Thursday game they seem to have been unpredictable lately.

If I was a better man I would probably put it on the Broncos to cover. Hard not to get the homer out in that decision but I just think with all the injuries and just listening to the players talk all week they seem to be much more focused than the last Thursday game.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the only team in the NFC that I have confidence in is that of Green Bay. They have the proven quarterback and track record of making the playoffs. Dallas has looked great but I just can't help think of all the December collapses and just waiting to see when that happens. Plus I just don't think they can keep giving Murray the ball like they have been. They are going to run him into the ground. Arizona I like but with injuries, quarterback concerns, and playing in what should be a tough division I just don't know if they can hold onto the top spot. Seahawks seem to be a team that is in chaos right now. They definitely have the talent to turn it around quickly but I honestly think they miss the playoffs this year. 49ers I actually do think turn it around and I actually have them winning the NFC West. They have some talented players coming back soon and I just like the fight they have shown even with the injuries other than against us of course.

If I had to pick this is what I would say for the NFC...

1. Philly--I just think they keep things going
2. Green Bay--hard not to like how things are clicking for them right now
3. San Fran--listed above
4. Saints--They haven't lost a home game since 2011 and have quite a few home games left...helps to be in such a horrible division right now
5. Dallas
6. Arizona

When all is said and done, I'm not convinced GB has the defense to pull out of the NFC pack. Detroit could very well win that division if they can get their offense back on track. Seems that Arizona is handling their injuries better than SF is. Seattle will still be in the mix too, as Wilson is improving. The one question is how much of a dent in the passing game do they suffer with the loss of Harvin? Is Baldwin really #1 WR material? Could be the NFC West isn't decided until the end. Dallas and Eagles look to be the class of the NFC East. If Dallas doesn't collapse after Thanksgiving, they'll take the division sporting a better defense than what the Eagles have. Giants may make a push, but I think they'll fall short. Bryant (if he stays healthy) could probably keep the pace going through this season. Who knows what he's going to have next season though. Saints and Panthers appear to be in a two-man race for the South. Saints might take that one if they can keep Brees protected. Otherwise, he's been a bit off this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you TD. I was gonna lay $100 on them last week to cover, but didn't think we'd kill SF like we did. I may hold off on this one. SD always seems to be a handful when they come to Denver.

Off topic sort of.......what is everybodys take on the contract talks for DT and JT being called off until after the season? I absolutely thought we'd have locked up DT by now, so I'm not sure what the thinking is there. He has to be the #1 and #2 priority I would think going into the offseason. I just hope he's not rubbed the wrong way, as I understand the two sides aren't even really close in terms of $$. As much as I hate to think about losing Julius, he's just not the impact player that DT is. Not to mention that Harris Jr., Von and Knighton are all gonna be due big raises pretty quick too. I personally think all 3 are higher priority than Julius.

I may well be wrong, but I'm thinking that we pay DT, franchise Julius next year before letting him go, and try to draft his replacement.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may well be wrong, but I'm thinking that we pay DT, franchise Julius next year before letting him go, and try to draft his replacement.

This is my thought as well and really my hope. DT honestly is what makes our offense go round behind that of Peyton of course. I mean look at the respect the 49ers had on the fake screen play where both players bit hard to come and make a play on him leaving Welker wide open. Teams have to game plan every week to stop him yet lately nobody seems to be able to. JT I think is more a product of the system than that much of a playmaker in my opinion. Don't get me wrong he is great to have and I am glad we have him but I just want to see more from him. He doesn't seem to do much work between the 20's. I just need to see him become more of an all around TE with better blocking and more consistent work throughout all parts of the field.

Right now I am not worried about them not getting a deal done. I actually figured DT and the Broncos would want to wait and see what Bryant got from the Cowboys as that should set the number of what the Broncos will have to pay him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, I'm not convinced GB has the defense to pull out of the NFC pack. Detroit could very well win that division if they can get their offense back on track. Seems that Arizona is handling their injuries better than SF is. Seattle will still be in the mix too, as Wilson is improving. The one question is how much of a dent in the passing game do they suffer with the loss of Harvin? Is Baldwin really #1 WR material? Could be the NFC West isn't decided until the end. Dallas and Eagles look to be the class of the NFC East. If Dallas doesn't collapse after Thanksgiving, they'll take the division sporting a better defense than what the Eagles have. Giants may make a push, but I think they'll fall short. Bryant (if he stays healthy) could probably keep the pace going through this season. Who knows what he's going to have next season though. Saints and Panthers appear to be in a two-man race for the South. Saints might take that one if they can keep Brees protected. Otherwise, he's been a bit off this season.

For Green Bay picking them to finish 2nd in the NFC it really comes down to schedule for me. They have a pretty easy schedule moving forward and a top-2 quarterback in the league that can help them to win against the teams that they should and maybe sneak out a win or two against teams that are a toss up. I don't think they will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl though. The more football I watch the more I am starting to wonder if the NFC East isn't going to be who represents the NFC this year. The Cowboys obviously are very much surprising. My biggest concern for them is will they run Murray into the ground making him useless come playoff time? They have the best OL in football though and that goes a long ways in leading to success. Romo also is better than a lot of people give him credit and Bryant might be the best receiver in football right now. So they have the pieces at least on offense but I do worry about the defense and especially if they suffer any injuries as I just don't see them having any depth on that side of the ball.

The Saints are a team because of the home games I think they win a horrible division going 9-7 and really do not deserve to be in the playoffs. I'm really hoping in the NFC West that Arizona can keep holding on. I would love to see one of the 49ers or Seahawks have to watch the playoffs from home (especially the Seahawks). They both seem like teams that are lacking an identity right now so I do think they continue to struggle. I actually have Seattle losing this week once again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic but did anybody else see the video of Manning getting a call on the sideline in this last game and it ended up being a prank call? He did not look amused by it.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic but did anybody else see the video of Manning getting a call on the sideline in this last game and it ended up being a prank call? He did not look amused by it.

I didn't see that. You mean like a call from the OC box? And it ended up being a prank?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were showing it on the NFL Wired as they had Manning wired for this last game and somebody tells him that somebody wants to talk to him on one of the sideline phones but when Manning picks it up the person is asking for somebody who is not there and Manning finally just hangs it up and looks at the guys in charge of the phone and goes "Come on now" with a not so happy face. I can't remember where I was reading about it earlier today to post the article but they said somebody had called down pulling a prank on Manning.