• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 @ Raiders

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bullshit but if i was the Steelers and i was looking to make a huge splash and get a ton of ROI i'd trade Ben and Troy. I know that's the heart and soul of the Steelers, and they have a few more great years in them. But i think there is great value there, and you could get the right younger players in the trade, draft and free agency. I know the Steelers pride themselves on being a player friendly team and don't like to let franchise player leave, but in today's NFL you have to. Ravens got Lucky with Ray last year, not many players get to do what Ray did. Sorry but i don't see another SB for either of them in a Steelers uniform.

Probably true. Ben is 31, so probably 5 more yrs left and his cap hit is roughly $18 mil for '14 & '15. I can see AZ wanting him but I'd doubt they could afford him & Fitz (cap hit is more than Ben). There will be a team out there for the deal, but I don't know if I would trade him.

Troy, I would but realistically, we're probably talking about a 3 rd pick at this point.

What I would do...this yr we're heading towards a top 10 pick...I would trade my '14 3rd and '15 1st rounder to get back into the 1st round and get Nix, NT from ND and Amaro, TE from TX tech. Or take one of the OTs and the NT, and hope to find a WR with size, or an athletic TE in the 2nd round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question I can't honestly answer, there is obviously a lot wrong, drafting, development, in game coaching, and poor play on the field, I'd start with the coordinators though.

Well I don't know if you have seen my past posts about Colbert, but IMO a lot of the problems stem from him. ATL & I have debated it back and forth for a long time now. But the root of the problem can be traced to an apparent disconnect between Colbert & Tomlin. It doesn't seem like either person is on the same page. There are a lot of different place that could take the heat right now so it will be interesting to see how things develop.

I agree with you & Misko though, that Haley will be gone long before either Colbert or Tomlin take leave. I doubt Lebeau would be fired, because he is so close to retirement. It would be shocking to see them uproot Colbert at this point in time. Maybe in the offseason but definitely not anytime soon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would do...this yr we're heading towards a top 10 pick...I would trade my '14 3rd and '15 1st rounder to get back into the 1st round and get Nix, NT from ND and Amaro, TE from TX tech. Or take one of the OTs and the NT, and hope to find a WR with size, or an athletic TE in the 2nd round.

I say we shock the world and bring back Limas Sweed. :noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't know if you have seen my past posts about Colbert, but IMO a lot of the problems stem from him. ATL & I have debated it back and forth for a long time now. But the root of the problem can be traced to an apparent disconnect between Colbert & Tomlin. It doesn't seem like either person is on the same page. There are a lot of different place that could take the heat right now so it will be interesting to see how things develop.

I agree with you & Misko though, that Haley will be gone long before either Colbert or Tomlin take leave. I doubt Lebeau would be fired, because he is so close to retirement. It would be shocking to see them uproot Colbert at this point in time. Maybe in the offseason but definitely not anytime soon.

Just knowing the Rooney's history...I think Tomlin is more likely to finish out his term than get fired as long as the effort is on the field. Haley...I'm torn really b/c I see a lot that I like, but I don't think Ben has the pieces around him to be a good RZ OFC...I'm not sure what another OC is going to do better really.

Colbert...again a mixed bag...some good, but too many guys that really are not contributing much. I'm sure the Rooneys were on board with him extending all the great vets in the twilight of their prime so I don't think they will hold the cap situation over his head...this is where I would make the change 1st if I were going to make any changes.

Not that I want this to happen, but LeBeau is 76 or 77 now...if the team is 2 yrs away from being playoff caliber I'm not sure he would want to hang around, or should hang around.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep almost winning because they do have some talent, just not enough to finish the drill.

IMO the Steelers are 2 players away from being a legit playoff team...they need a real NT, and they need a playmaker with size @ WR or an athletic TE to pair with Miller.

At this point, we're heading towards a top 10 pick which should be a plug n play guy. Rather than trade Ben, I'm more interested in wheeling and dealing to get what we need from this draft while Ben still has 3 or 4 more years left.

Yea, I agree, they do have some talent, maybe two elite players away from the playoffs. But I agree with your assessments with what they need, especially at WR.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen the thoughts expressed before, but I just started posting on this board so its hard to match up posters with their past opinions. I'm sure I will in time.

But yea, a 'disconnect' is a great way to characterize the Tomlin-Colbert relationship. Which is why I said I couldn't honestly answer, because we don't know unless we were in the FO when the decisions were made.

Yeah, Haley has been a disaster, although I was never a huge Arians guy, I thought the O had underachieved under Arians, but he was never a distraction. Haley is, as well as a mediocre OC, and should be fired.

Lebeau is tough, as he has meant a ton to the org, so I don't see them firing him, but maybe asking him to step aside at the end of this year or the next would be a good idea. But I think his scheme is stale, and they need a change.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just knowing the Rooney's history...I think Tomlin is more likely to finish out his term than get fired as long as the effort is on the field. Haley...I'm torn really b/c I see a lot that I like, but I don't think Ben has the pieces around him to be a good RZ OFC...I'm not sure what another OC is going to do better really.

Colbert...again a mixed bag...some good, but too many guys that really are not contributing much. I'm sure the Rooneys were on board with him extending all the great vets in the twilight of their prime so I don't think they will hold the cap situation over his head...this is where I would make the change 1st if I were going to make any changes.

Not that I want this to happen, but LeBeau is 76 or 77 now...if the team is 2 yrs away from being playoff caliber I'm not sure he would want to hang around, or should hang around.

Good points all around. I think the RZ woes need to be focused on a lot more, even in the Super Bowl years the team wasn't great in the RZ on offense. Whether that is because they can't run the ball and become one-dimensional, or because Ben's ad-libs don't work as well when the field is shorter is something they need to determine.