• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 @ Raiders

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about every phase of the team has been better the last 2 games, they really need to keep it going this week.

OAK... Pretty much a mirror image of the Steelers from a stats standpoint, same record, points for & against are nearly identical. Coming off a loss and a bye just like PIT so you know they will be hungry for a win.

I go into every game wanting to control the run so it's no different here, but if McFadden/Pryor can be controlled this game really looks to favor the Steelers. OAK has plenty of speed outside as per norm, but they're not great possession type WRs...I expect LeBeau to give Pryor a few things he didn't see last week, but look for a similar DEF that was played vs BAL...Troy in the box with a S high.

As far as the OFC goes...really had no trouble moving the ball on them LY. The delayed blitz up the A gap did work pretty well for them LY...if that is fixed, I think Ben and company will put up 24+ points to win 24-17.

What say you?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate playing Oakland.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of Chris Berman... "IT'S THA RRRRRRRRRRRRAIDAS!"

Sorry had to get that off my chest...

Not much to say that you haven't covered! I agree that the Raiders can be handled as long as the defense does it's job by containing Pryor & DMC. Hopefully they will get more players back to full health! Jarvis & Kiesel especially for the defensive side of the ball. Timmons is a beast and could probably still play at 100% with both hands in full casts, so I'm not too worried about his hand. The offensive line is starting to figure things out, so hopefully they can remain healthy. Gilbert is still having quad issues so hopefully that clears up. I expect a big game from the offense this week.... And another great performance by the D.

PIT 30 - OAK 13

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.. We always seem to struggle out there but this season hasn't exactly been normal. If we can get by this game we'll have a shot to get back to .500 against the hated Pats.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland ALWAYS plays us tough.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of Chris Berman... "IT'S THA RRRRRRRRRRRRAIDAS!"

Sorry had to get that off my chest...

Not much to say that you haven't covered! I agree that the Raiders can be handled as long as the defense does it's job by containing Pryor & DMC. Hopefully they will get more players back to full health! Jarvis & Kiesel especially for the defensive side of the ball. Timmons is a beast and could probably still play at 100% with both hands in full casts, so I'm not too worried about his hand. The offensive line is starting to figure things out, so hopefully they can remain healthy. Gilbert is still having quad issues so hopefully that clears up. I expect a big game from the offense this week.... And another great performance by the D.

PIT 30 - OAK 13

In my week 8 picks I went 27-20, but I think it could be a 2 possession margin if these guys play well.

With Bell having immediate impact, the Steelers just seem to have more life now...LBs will have to respect playaction now, I think Heath will make up for a so so game with a big one this week getting behind the LBs off the play fake.

I watched the 1st half of the BAL game on DVR (barely 20 mins with this new technology!) On DEF...I'm hopeful for more QB hits/pressure...Pryor has really good wheels for a big guy...not Cam strong, but he's strong...need to lay the lumber and wrap up...the edge guys need to keep him inside the Ts

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O: All I have to say is... Thank god Ben was able to make that game look respectable. His receivers didn't help him at all yesterday. Crucial drops by Miller & Brown when the ball was placed perfectly in their hands.

Same shit, different day with the O-line... Once again they are dealing with multiple injuries! Foster, Whimper & DeCastro all injured in a single game (awesome). So much for that "gelling" effect. This sure made it difficult for Bell to find any sort of running room. But he didn't help his stock by missing a few blocks which led to big sacks.

D: McLendon was absolutely manhandled up front which gave their offense all sorts of running lanes. Kudos to Kiesel, Clark & Poly... They played their asses off. The D provided the O with 3 turnovers, but they didn't do much with them. Seems like their is quite the containment issue for some reason.

ST: Mesko is yet another horrible knotch on the resume for the FO. Not sure what they saw in this guy, but outside of the great 2nd half punt, he was terrible. Looked like his worst game in a string of bad games... I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they bring in punters for workouts this week. Paulsen should be cut for the block he missed on that blocked punt. He got beat across the face, which is really hard to do because all he had to do was extend his arms to redirect the guy, but somehow he failed to do that. Suisham had a rare bad game as we all know. But I'm not going to think less of the guy, because he has consistently saved their asses for a few years now.

Overview looks like they are done for the year... At the hands of the Raiders nonetheless. There's almost zero chance that they make it into the postseason. But hey, here's to a possible top 10 pick next year! :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my god i hate the Steelers, they suck the whole year but when they play the Ravens they play their asses off.....sorry have to vent fuck y'all. :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O: All I have to say is... Thank god Ben was able to make that game look respectable. His receivers didn't help him at all yesterday. Crucial drops by Miller & Brown when the ball was placed perfectly in their hands.

Same shit, different day with the O-line... Once again they are dealing with multiple injuries! Foster, Whimper & DeCastro all injured in a single game (awesome). So much for that "gelling" effect. This sure made it difficult for Bell to find any sort of running room. But he didn't help his stock by missing a few blocks which led to big sacks.

D: McLendon was absolutely manhandled up front which gave their offense all sorts of running lanes. Kudos to Kiesel, Clark & Poly... They played their asses off. The D provided the O with 3 turnovers, but they didn't do much with them. Seems like their is quite the containment issue for some reason.

ST: Mesko is yet another horrible knotch on the resume for the FO. Not sure what they saw in this guy, but outside of the great 2nd half punt, he was terrible. Looked like his worst game in a string of bad games... I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they bring in punters for workouts this week. Paulsen should be cut for the block he missed on that blocked punt. He got beat across the face, which is really hard to do because all he had to do was extend his arms to redirect the guy, but somehow he failed to do that. Suisham had a rare bad game as we all know. But I'm not going to think less of the guy, because he has consistently saved their asses for a few years now.

Overview looks like they are done for the year... At the hands of the Raiders nonetheless. There's almost zero chance that they make it into the postseason. But hey, here's to a possible top 10 pick next year! :suds:

Well...another trip to the Black Hole results in another loss.

My thoughts.

Result...at the end of the day, the missed FGs came back to haunt...I told my buddy that after the 1st miss. I realize no FGs are automatic, but I can't let Suisham off the hook inside 40 yds and he pushed both of them right...make ONE and we very likely could have a different outcome. Also...missing the FG after the long 10 min drive in the 3Q...had to be very emotionally deflating to the team.

OFC...I've been saying since it happened that Adams alone was not the problem with the OL...I think yesterday proved that. OAK recorded 5 sacks...again same buddy watching and on 3 of them we're both (and he's not even a Steeler fan) yelling get rid of the f------- ball. But when you have to chunk it 45 times...most of those in known passing situation your QB is going to get hit.

However...when they came out to start 3Q with the power pkg. and starting pounding it I really thought they were going to comeback until the FG was missed.

DEF...forgetting about the 1st play for a second, in the 1st half they stunk in general. I thought Ike was playing too soft (thought #24 was #22 for a while, but I understand keeping the play in front of you means you're going to give up some catches...just seem like every one was for a 1st down. I will say...whatever LeBeau said or did at the half worked...idk recall OAK getting more than a couple of 1st downs in the 2nd half. One note...I was pretty disappointed in the play of Jarvis Jones who looked to be pull in favor of Worilds...not sure if there was something wrong with #95, but he looked out of position on more than one play.

ST...blocked punt, another near shanked, and to repeat the 2 missed FGs inside 40 yds.

Where do we go from here? Admittedly, I counted OAK as a win, and NE was a loss, so if they beat NE they would be where I thought they would be after 8 games. Realistically, we are playing out the string now...sure, play to win, but play the young guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my god i hate the Steelers, they suck the whole year but when they play the Ravens they play their asses off.....sorry have to vent fuck y'all. :suds:

Could be my age I guess, but I don't like any other AFCN team, and the Ravens have certainly kicked our ass more, but I didn't grow up hating BAL...they were the Colts then so they were just kind of another team if you will.

That said...F you as well, and we'll see you again on week 13!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part of these losses, they keep on almost winning, thus providing the illusion they are actually 'a few breaks away' but IMO, they are just a bad bad team that needs torn down completely.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part of these losses, they keep on almost winning, thus providing the illusion they are actually 'a few breaks away' but IMO, they are just a bad bad team that needs torn down completely.

Torn down completely? FO, coaches, or both?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn down completely? FO, coaches, or both?

That's a good question I can't honestly answer, there is obviously a lot wrong, drafting, development, in game coaching, and poor play on the field, I'd start with the coordinators though.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question I can't honestly answer, there is obviously a lot wrong, drafting, development, in game coaching, and poor play on the field, I'd start with the coordinators though.

Actually, I'd preface that with, I'd start by trading vets (or at least floating their names) who they don't see in their future; Ryan Clark and Keisel are aging, Sanders seems unlikely to stay long term, I'd start there, see what they could be worth.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bullshit but if i was the Steelers and i was looking to make a huge splash and get a ton of ROI i'd trade Ben and Troy. I know that's the heart and soul of the Steelers, and they have a few more great years in them. But i think there is great value there, and you could get the right younger players in the trade, draft and free agency. I know the Steelers pride themselves on being a player friendly team and don't like to let franchise player leave, but in today's NFL you have to. Ravens got Lucky with Ray last year, not many players get to do what Ray did. Sorry but i don't see another SB for either of them in a Steelers uniform.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy, yea I could buy that. No way I'd trade Ben, QB is too important.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bullshit but if i was the Steelers and i was looking to make a huge splash and get a ton of ROI i'd trade Ben and Troy. I know that's the heart and soul of the Steelers, and they have a few more great years in them. But i think there is great value there, and you could get the right younger players in the trade, draft and free agency. I know the Steelers pride themselves on being a player friendly team and don't like to let franchise player leave, but in today's NFL you have to. Ravens got Lucky with Ray last year, not many players get to do what Ray did. Sorry but i don't see another SB for either of them in a Steelers uniform.

I'd be all for this... There are a ton of teams out there that are looking for an experienced QB & probably have a ton of draft picks. The Steelers need to get as many picks as possible and try to put some sort of plug in the dam before she breaks wide open.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They keep almost winning because they do have some talent, just not enough to finish the drill.

IMO the Steelers are 2 players away from being a legit playoff team...they need a real NT, and they need a playmaker with size @ WR or an athletic TE to pair with Miller.

At this point, we're heading towards a top 10 pick which should be a plug n play guy. Rather than trade Ben, I'm more interested in wheeling and dealing to get what we need from this draft while Ben still has 3 or 4 more years left.