• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7, Detroit Lions @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 10/24/21, 1:05 PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

A losing record in the regular season gonna get you a super bowl huh? When? Name one

To say the regular season does not matter is also stupid. To say the regular season does not matter and then bitch constantly about regular season games is laughable.

We all want a super bowl. STFU be patient and let’s see how this goes.
Well actually there were three SJ76, but this must be qualified with an explanation. Two had losing records DURING the season but all ended the season with 9-7 records which in the modern era is considered a winning record but not by much.

The NFL began the 16 game schedule in 1978. In 1979 the Los Angeles Rams became the first 9-7 team to play in a SB. They led in the 4'th quarter, but lost to Pittsburgh (We had that game), 31-19. It would be nearly 30 years before another 9-7 team would advance to the SB.

That team was the 2008 Arizona Cardinals (With Kurt Warner), who lost to Pittsburgh, 27-23. Three years later the NY Giants became the first 9-7 team to win the SB, beating New England (With Brady), 21-17. BTW, Eli Manning is 2-0 versus Brady-led teams in the Snooperbowl

So technically, no one has had a FINISHING SEASON record of .500 or below and made it all the way to the Superbowl or even win it when they got there.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually there were three SJ76, but this must be qualified with an explanation. Two had losing records DURING the season but all ended the season with 9-7 records which in the modern era is considered a winning record but not by much.

The NFL began the 16 game schedule in 1978. In 1979 the Los Angeles Rams became the first 9-7 team to play in a SB. They led in the 4'th quarter, but lost to Pittsburgh (We had that game), 31-19. It would be nearly 30 years before another 9-7 team would advance to the SB.

That team was the 2008 Arizona Cardinals (With Kurt Warner), who lost to Pittsburgh, 27-23. Three years later the NY Giants became the first 9-7 team to win the SB, beating New England (With Brady), 21-17. BTW, Eli Manning is 2-0 versus Brady-led teams in the Snooperbowl

So technically, no one has had a FINISHING SEASON record of .500 or below and made it all the way to the Superbowl or even win it when they got there.

Exactly. Now add in one more regular season game and more playoff teams for more games for the NFL. It’s a long season now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it is SJ76 and more and more teams are instituting the Rams strategy of taking care of players with nagging injuries by withholding them from Wednesday practices as more and more players are coming-up lame with injuries and those damn transatlantic flights and Thursday Night Football that most players hate. Injuries abound this time of the year and can be devastating. Just ask the Broncos who have 8, count-'em, 8 LBs on injured reserve.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

A losing record in the regular season gonna get you a super bowl huh? When? Name one

To say the regular season does not matter is also stupid. To say the regular season does not matter and then bitch constantly about regular season games is laughable.

We all want a super bowl. STFU be patient and let’s see how this goes.
No that's some spin thar!

You know we were talking about a regular season record vs the Super Bowl vs Terrific Tom!

Are ya just drank or stank when replying to these post SJ??

I have complained about two games (Cards and Lions) and the BBDB Defense. I think we ha ve the talent to win it all this year, but we have some very good competition too. My main bitch about those two game was the same problem we had in the SB, ill prepared!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's some spin thar!

You know we were talking about a regular season record vs the Super Bowl vs Terrific Tom!

Are ya just drank or stank when replying to these post SJ??

I have complained about two games (Cards and Lions) and the BBDB Defense. I think we ha ve the talent to win it all this year, but we have some very good competition too. My main bitch about those two game was the same problem we had in the SB, ill prepared!

I brought the question up tharrr spinner. It’s still impressive even for the regular season. That’s the point :L it hasn’t happened a lot. And you all are bitching.

You bitching about this Texans game? Or is this a good performance?

Lions super bowl was last week. Now it’s time for them to tank. Called that too

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought the question up tharrr spinner. It’s still impressive even for the regular season. That’s the point :L it hasn’t happened a lot. And you all are bitching.

Lions super bowl was last week. Now it’s time for them to tank. Called that too
Here’s the thing SJ.

The Rams needed a late INT from Ramsey and FG to close the door on the Lions.

The Eagles, who have been average at best this season, just kicked the crap out of the Lions 44-6.

You can call the game the Lions SB or whatever, but the point was McVay and Co. did not have the team prepared at all.

That has been mine, and Vita’s and Retro’s complaint with this team with McVay.

They look like SB contenders one week, and like the Jets the next week ( especially against weaker competition ).

And yet McVay hasn’t fixed this issue at all, now in year 5.

The other thing he hasn’t fixed in 4+ seasons is doing any halftime adjustments.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s the thing SJ.

The Rams needed a late INT from Ramsey and FG to close the door on the Lions.

The Eagles, who have been average at best this season, just kicked the crap out of the Lions 44-6.

You can call the game the Lions SB or whatever, but the point was McVay and Co. did not have the team prepared at all.

That has been mine, and Vita’s and Retro’s complaint with this team with McVay.

They look like SB contenders one week, and like the Jets the next week ( especially against weaker competition ).

And yet McVay hasn’t fixed this issue at all, now in year 5.

The other thing he hasn’t fixed in 4+ seasons is doing any halftime adjustments.

Yeah bud it’s called 3 ST “turnovers” it was their super bowl. It was circled on the calendar. Now time to rank. Lol. And it was last week.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have this much talent, this is what games are suppose to look like vs the worst of the NFL.

So you can call it bitching if you like, but I'll save the 'good performance' comment for those games when they dominate the good teams (Like they did vs the Seahags), or have a solid win vs the league's best teams (Like they did vs the Bucs).

Those were the two good performances they had this year, another would be the Giants game I guess, but when you look at their 7-1 record it may not be all that impressive. They could wind up being 1-1 vs eventual playoff teams so far this year (Bucs & Cards respectively). I guess Seattle, Indy, and possibly another may still make the post season though, but it's an uphill battle for any of the other 6 teams they've played to this point.