• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7: Bird Fight - Seahawks @ Falcons 10:00 pst/1:00 est - Fox

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but when you’re up, it’s always better to use that clock, especially when you have a horse like Walker … We tend to get a little pass happy

I don't disagree, but most who are complaining about play type selection now were complaining about the same thing when we ran too much. There's always a complaint.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the passing, but it's the pass plays Grubb is doing and his lack of understanding to play to the situation you're in (3rd and 5) instead of trying to 'beat' the defense (which is admittedly much easier to do in College).

I get what his goal is. "Hey Geno and the team, get up to the line, and then I'll look at what the defense is doing and phone in play changes and then you tell everyone on the team what's going on... and we can use 25+ seconds to fuck around with the playcalling before we snap it." The issue I have is every time he calls a pass it's some BOMB or massive heave down the field with a LOT of route development (it can work, but you need a behemoth OL).

This offense IMO has a lot of talent at the skill positions, and at this point it seems like they're WAY overcomplicating or basically playing backyard football and just 'making stuff happen'. It's obvious at times there's a lot of confusion on the offense and most of the WRs/TEs/RBs and especially OL don't understand wtf is happening or who they are assigned to. I think Grubb is trying to get too cute with his coaching, when it's best to call a play for the situation (BEFORE you see what the defense is doing) and then letting your OL and QB make the necessary adjustments based on what THEY are seeing.

An offensive coordinator sitting way up in a booth is trying to look at the defense on the fly and then phone in the adjustment to everyone? What? And you can see the frustration on a lot of the offensive players. Eh who knows, maybe it'll start to work itself out. I mean it's probably the same thing in essence Mac is trying to do on the defense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,529.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the MRI will show Metcalf, assuming he’ll be getting one

Edit: I did just read that MacDonald mentioned that he didn’t feel it was that bad.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the MRI will show Metcalf, assuming he’ll be getting one

Edit: I did just read that MacDonald mentioned that he didn’t feel it was that bad.
When did it happen? They didnt show anything on tv

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE