• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ NYJ

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...the 1st QTR is in the books...record wise it couldn't be worse obviously. They've had a week to figure out what went wrong and make some changes.

Changes...most notable, Adams is out @ LT, Levi Brown will ultimately play in that spot I'm assuming, but Beachum is listed as the starter on the depth chart...If his work went well I would not be surprised if Brown starts. Foster is likely a go. Heyward is the new starter @ LDE in favor of Hood.

Jets just shocked ATL on MNF, so a short week for them. Falcons recorded 4 sacks, but not much pressure late and Geno Smith showed he can deliver the ball, as well as pull it down and make plays. Rookies typically don't do well the 1st time around vs LeBeau, so I like PIT this week and I think they're getting 2.5 to 3 in this game.

Jets front 7 is better this year, but a full week with Bell, & Miller continued improvement, to go with Brown and Sanders...imo Ben has something to prove and will play well this week.

I'm thinking the DEF finally gets a turnover this week and Ben gets a short field and they get their best OFC game of the year...I like PIT 27-17 this week.

What say you.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... More so, I really HOPE this all pans out well. This game will most likely be a field position battle for the most part, and could come down to turnovers.

O: I think Miller is going to have a good game. Cromartie will blanket Brown deep but struggle with him on shorter crossing routes. Sanders should see more opportunities. I don't see Bell getting much going against this D, but he should be able to grind out a respectable game. As long as Ben doesn't turn the ball over, they should come out on top.

D: I'm excited to see the kind of pressure that Heyward brings. Or at least if he can get more attention then he will free up Woodley to do his thing. It's hard not to assume turnovers being generated here with a rookie QB, but who knows with this D. Allen & Taylor should be able to handle Holmes & Kerley/Hill. Winslow isn't that big of a priority, but Clark/Thomas/Gay will handle him. It starts with stopping the run though. Rex likes to get the ground game going early, so they need to take that away from him. Force the ball into Geno's hands and Lebeau will dial up the pressure.

Prediction: Defense holds them out of the EZ... PIT 24-9

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development!

Kellen Winslow was suspended for PED's... If Holmes doesn't play, then their top threats are Kerley & Hill. This could be a great week for Pittsburgh's defense!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development!

Kellen Winslow was suspended for PED's... If Holmes doesn't play, then their top threats are Kerley & Hill. This could be a great week for Pittsburgh's defense!

Could be, but the offense still has to score!!!! and as long as we have to rely on that.... we have a world of problems!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty optimistic that the solutions are coming... This game could be just what they need. And a divisional win next week against the Ratbirds could bring them back into the equation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they finally got a few monkies off their backs. First being that they finally put up a W on the schedule, and secondly they finally created turnovers!!! I think this win means a lot more to them than what it appears to the rest of the NFL. It should serve as a major confidence booster moving forward. Here are some of my thoughts:

Offense: Ben had his best performance this year. He continues to show an obvious level of improvement. The major problem that he corrected was that he did not commit a turnover for the first time this season. If it wasn't for Antonio Brown's drop in the EZ (which would have been his best throw of the day), a great back shoulder pass directly at the pylon that SHOULD have been a touchdown.

The offensive line showed improvement by developing the best pockets that we have seen this year. Beachum struggled, like many of us thought he would, but he at least showed more consistency than Adams ever did. The run blocking was inconsistent, but provided a few windows when they were needed. Bell struggled to find any sort of running room. Wasn't too happy with Beachum's performance, but he did the best he could. He was facing a top tier defensive line in his first start, so I will cut him some slack. But even worse, Levi Brown hurt his triceps during warmups... Let me say that again.... DURING WARMUPS... Awesome...:L

Heath Miller established himself as a legitimate force out there, once again! Sanders even shocked me! If they can get a little more consistency out of the WR's, then this will be a very formidable unit.

Defense: Aside from creating turnovers, I think the biggest improvement here came from Heyward & Williams. Clark's INT can be directly linked to Heywards pass rush on that play. Heyward showed the ability to get pressure on the QB throughout the game, something that Hood never did. Williams looked like a veteran yesterday. NYJ thought that misdirection would take him out of the running game, but he made them pay for it! I think the turnovers will start coming more often now that they have created a few. Like many say, they often come in bulk or waves. Especially if the defense can continue to create pressure and get more sacks!!! If only Clark would have caught the second potential INT!!! :gaah:

On a side note, that Polamalu hit got me up off my seat!! :clap:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally!!!

Well they finally got a few monkies off their backs. First being that they finally put up a W on the schedule, and secondly they finally created turnovers!!! I think this win means a lot more to them than what it appears to the rest of the NFL. It should serve as a major confidence booster moving forward. Here are some of my thoughts:

Offense: Ben had his best performance this year. He continues to show an obvious level of improvement. The major problem that he corrected was that he did not commit a turnover for the first time this season. If it wasn't for Antonio Brown's drop in the EZ (which would have been his best throw of the day), a great back shoulder pass directly at the pylon that SHOULD have been a touchdown.

The offensive line showed improvement by developing the best pockets that we have seen this year. Beachum struggled, like many of us thought he would, but he at least showed more consistency than Adams ever did. The run blocking was inconsistent, but provided a few windows when they were needed. Bell struggled to find any sort of running room. Wasn't too happy with Beachum's performance, but he did the best he could. He was facing a top tier defensive line in his first start, so I will cut him some slack. But even worse, Levi Brown hurt his triceps during warmups... Let me say that again.... DURING WARMUPS... Awesome...:L

Heath Miller established himself as a legitimate force out there, once again! Sanders even shocked me! If they can get a little more consistency out of the WR's, then this will be a very formidable unit.

Defense: Aside from creating turnovers, I think the biggest improvement here came from Heyward & Williams. Clark's INT can be directly linked to Heywards pass rush on that play. Heyward showed the ability to get pressure on the QB throughout the game, something that Hood never did. Williams looked like a veteran yesterday. NYJ thought that misdirection would take him out of the running game, but he made them pay for it! I think the turnovers will start coming more often now that they have created a few. Like many say, they often come in bulk or waves. Especially if the defense can continue to create pressure and get more sacks!!! If only Clark would have caught the second potential INT!!! :gaah:

On a side note, that Polamalu hit got me up off my seat!! :clap:

Indeed, great to have some thoughts after a win!!

Game notes...the NYJ DL was the more physical group...especially Damon Harris vs Velasco...we didn't win that battle many times thus not much room for Bell/Jones.

Running game...nothing huge here, less than 3 yd per carry but Haley kept with it, (26 rush attmpt) and Bell and Jones did enough to force the Jets to respect it, and the playaction pass the Sanders for 6 was a benefit. Would love to see them close it out on the ground and take a victory kneel down, but again...tough DL @ home wasn't having it

On your notes.

Ben...agree...he still had a couple of chances to throw the ball away but he chose to eat it...so sack number was 4, but no big deal since there were no turnovers. The play in the endzone where Beachum whiffed and he avoided the sack/safety was definitely among his best plays of the game.

TE/WRs...Sanders stat line is not that great, but he made them pay big time on the deep ball. Heath just gives Ben the middle of the field back...a little scary to me the dropoff is that much after Heath. The 3 TE pkg I liked. Moye was in on 2 RZ opportunities I know and zero targets...Plus Cotchery didn't factor vs his old team...interesting zero targets as well.

Beachum...Ben bailed him out on the whiff as mentioned in the endzone...again the players responded well to the 2nd half adjustments. His second holding call, he did hold him slightly, but it was a pancake block...I loved seeing it in spite of the flag. FWIW, he's a little quicker than Adams, I think he'll do better against the speed guys...brute strength guys are going to give him more trouble I think.

Heyward...you called it...Hood got a somewhat of a gift (didn't quit on play) sack actually when Brett got hurt, Heyward definitely brought more energy and both he and Jarvis Jones factored on the turnovers with QB hits. Williams was much better, but I thought Worilds played his best game as a Steeler.

Granted, it was against a rookie QB, but I'll take it...With CLE and BAL losing, the win was that much bigger.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, great to have some thoughts after a win!!

Game notes...the NYJ DL was the more physical group...especially Damon Harris vs Velasco...we didn't win that battle many times thus not much room for Bell/Jones.

Running game...nothing huge here, less than 3 yd per carry but Haley kept with it, (26 rush attmpt) and Bell and Jones did enough to force the Jets to respect it, and the playaction pass the Sanders for 6 was a benefit. Would love to see them close it out on the ground and take a victory kneel down, but again...tough DL @ home wasn't having it

On your notes.

Ben...agree...he still had a couple of chances to throw the ball away but he chose to eat it...so sack number was 4, but no big deal since there were no turnovers. The play in the endzone where Beachum whiffed and he avoided the sack/safety was definitely among his best plays of the game.

TE/WRs...Sanders stat line is not that great, but he made them pay big time on the deep ball. Heath just gives Ben the middle of the field back...a little scary to me the dropoff is that much after Heath. The 3 TE pkg I liked. Moye was in on 2 RZ opportunities I know and zero targets...Plus Cotchery didn't factor vs his old team...interesting zero targets as well.

Beachum...Ben bailed him out on the whiff as mentioned in the endzone...again the players responded well to the 2nd half adjustments. His second holding call, he did hold him slightly, but it was a pancake block...I loved seeing it in spite of the flag. FWIW, he's a little quicker than Adams, I think he'll do better against the speed guys...brute strength guys are going to give him more trouble I think.

Heyward...you called it...Hood got a somewhat of a gift (didn't quit on play) sack actually when Brett got hurt, Heyward definitely brought more energy and both he and Jarvis Jones factored on the turnovers with QB hits. Williams was much better, but I thought Worilds played his best game as a Steeler.

Granted, it was against a rookie QB, but I'll take it...With CLE and BAL losing, the win was that much bigger.

I forgot to mention the Jarvis Jones play where he caused the Timmons INT! But gotta love the intensity overall that the defense brought to the table. I think next week is going to be the true test for this team. I know Baltimore hasn't been playing well, but I think we can all agree that whenever rivalry week comes, they bring the best they have to offer. I'm pretty worried about how well this offense will perform with Suggs & Dumerville harrassing them all day long. Beachum is going to need a huge game!

Injury update: Levi Brown tore his right tricep and is likely to miss the rest of the season... Great acquisition Colbert... :L

David Johnson may have broken his wrist and is likely being put on IR... Another blow to the offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention the Jarvis Jones play where he caused the Timmons INT! But gotta love the intensity overall that the defense brought to the table. I think next week is going to be the true test for this team. I know Baltimore hasn't been playing well, but I think we can all agree that whenever rivalry week comes, they bring the best they have to offer. I'm pretty worried about how well this offense will perform with Suggs & Dumerville harrassing them all day long. Beachum is going to need a huge game!

Injury update: Levi Brown tore his right tricep and is likely to miss the rest of the season... Great acquisition Colbert... :L

David Johnson may have broken his wrist and is likely being put on IR... Another blow to the offense.

The DEF had energy but we have to temper it a little as you said. NYJ are stout on DEF, imo better than BAL, but you're right...DIV rival week.

BAL...my biggest fear playing them is always Rice who is not having a great year, but he plays well most of the time vs PIT. BAL has some OL issues of their own...their new LT got beat a lot yesterday but at least he's playing...lol

I feel pretty good about this game @ HM after 3 weeks away with London and the bye thrown in...Beachum imo is a better matchup with Suggs (this version, even with 7 sacks he's still not back to T-Sizzle level) or Dumerville...where we get hurt against BAL is Ngata, and those bigs they have...forces the OTs to play the edge guys m-t-m a lot.

Brown...yeah, buzzards luck, uh.

David Johnson is the bigger loss...he was in on the 3 TE pkg which was a good look to show BAL...and Idk if Spaeth is ready to come back yet. Smith has killed us deep, but I think they will keep Clark deep, and I don't think Jacoby Jones and company will kill us...hope not anyway.