• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver Broncos

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix>Rattler

I'll take my chances and say we beat NO.
I hope you’re right. I’m losing a little faith in Payton’s play calling ability. That 2 point conversion call was dumb. Honestly Nix looks better in the no huddle style, maybe go with that more? Nix is still missing some ”easy” throws, but I understand he needs some time. Caleb Williams is the real deal in comparison. Our defense is lost without Surtain. It’s amazing the impact he has, night and day difference. Not feeling good about this short week

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Nix struggles at times but how can anyone see this and think he’s not trying to make place or is completely lost

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you’re right. I’m losing a little faith in Payton’s play calling ability. That 2 point conversion was dumb.
How so? 16 points down and score a TD, getting two points makes it a one possession game. I would have been upset if he hadn’t gone for two.

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No going for 2 was the absolute right decision, the actual play call sucked
Sort of reminding the Ohio State/Oregon game. The Buckeyes got a TD to take the lead 28-22. With that, it gave Oregon a 1-point XP to take the lead 29-28. The Buckeyes got a field goal to take the lead 31-29. But, sure enough, Oregon advanced to the 19 yard line with 1:47 left in the game and booted a field goal to take the lead to 32-31. The finale. Not going for two was a mistake. I remember when my son was playing in the AZ state playoffs. The opposition had the lead 21-13 halfway through the third quarter. My son's team got a TD late in the third quarter. The coach went for the extra point when he should have gone the 2-point rout. So...the opposition led 21-20. Heck, even if they missed the two-pointer they would still be in a chance for a field goal. But, I guess the coach believed they could score again. Well, in the 4th quarter neither team advanced passed the 50. Thus, my son's team lost 21-20. I know the coach very well and asked him about not going for two. He admitted that not going for two was a big mistake. My son was the center (big kid...6-5 and 240 pounds). The coach's son was the QB and my son said in the huddle, "Why aren't we going for two?" Heck, they had the state's best rusher (2,500 yards on the ground). That two-pointer comes in handy at many times.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have released LB Kristian Welch and S Tanner McCalister (who was promoted for a week) McCalister probably goes back to the PS, not sure what we will do with Welch as he is a vet.

We opened Baron Browning and Mike McGlinchey's practice windows they can be activated at anytime.

We have two open spots on the 53, guessing one will be for Damari Mathias as he practiced full all of last week and with Surtain likely out we will need him.

Other spot who knows, could be for Kwon Alexander or Zach Cunningham (more likely one of them will get elevated off the PS though) to come up or one of Browning or McGlinchey could be activated off IR by then. With Bailey on the 53 now I don't see us promoting an ILB to the 53 rather probably elevate one and activated one of the IR guys. Mathis will surely be activated but we will have 1 more spot after Mathis.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surtain and Olave ruled out.

Will be interesting to see what two players we activate. Mathis has to be one of them, IMO and then between McGlinchey and Browning (or both) but would have to make another move to free up a 53.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could cut Barton. He sucks

Cody Barton right now

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live