• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5 - Rams @ Eagles

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Swat is not watching the same game I am, Yes Foles is missing the deep ball but, McCoy is not hitting the hole, he is not taking what the defense is giving him he is trying to turn everything into a big play, That jail break where he fumbled, there is no excuse for that, take the one yard game and keep the ball, instead he retreats 10 yards and fumbles the ball. That pissed me off more than Cary Williams not turning around and looking for the ball.
Also, McCoy now leads all RB's in football with 6 fumbles but that is Foles fault. Come on now McCoy has been terrible at best this year.

But in this town ITS ALWAYS THE QB fault.

You seriously think Swat is going to come out and say ANYTHING negative about McCoy...:doh:

Shady has looked like shit this year. Sproles has looked damn good this year in the same role.

If Shady would just cut it up and be happy with the 3 yards he's given, it would be a little better but he's to busy thinkin he's Barry.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing and I am not hearing enough of this, how much of this should go on Chips shoulders. I mean he has a All world RB who is playing terrible, his QB can't hit the deep pass. Does he need to call the game differently, maybe some more intermediate routes. I have been wondering where the seem pass to Ertz, Celek, and even Mathews have gone. The TD to Maclin was right down the seem. Foles seems to be ok with those, its the sideline throws he seems to be having the biggest problem with. I know he got INT last week down the middle but he got hit as he was throwing it, so he didn't have a chance to overthrow it.

Oh I've been putting A LOT of the problems on Chip. He deserves most of it. Last weeks loss was on him.

We can sit and talk about the OL (which is bad) but Chip doesn't change anything. This is where he needs to use his RB's (preferably Sproles who's been lights out this year) for screens, swing passes, etc. Get Foles a little more comfy. Make the D spread out and get a little more tired chasing them outside.

Although some of this might be that D's have also had a year to study Foles and Chips O. Chips gonna have to learn how to adjust now.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playcalling has a lot to do with it. But I don't know why Shady isnt producing. I guess I'll blame the o lines problems but it's worse than that. Foles is missing open receivers but he's also making absolutely terrible decisions. Defense is weak. The only hot spot is special teams

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen the Giants in their SB year play like shit then get it together about week 10 and win it all. It doesn't matter how you get there just that you get there and put it together. I'm trusting Chip gets better, the Oline gets better and the D stays the same or improves when Kendricks comes back. If all this happens Foles will improve and the sky is the limit. I'm tickled we're 4-1.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen the Giants in their SB year play like shit then get it together about week 10 and win it all. It doesn't matter how you get there just that you get there and put it together. I'm trusting Chip gets better, the Oline gets better and the D stays the same or improves when Kendricks comes back. If all this happens Foles will improve and the sky is the limit. I'm tickled we're 4-1.

I'm tickled also :drool:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is dancing too much and just doesn't look like he wants it.
Chip is giving me reason for concern. He seems to have read the Andy Reid book of Football.
The D is a real problem but with a good draft things look promising. Still don't like the Smith pick...stupid.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can beat the Giants next week and go 5-1 going into the bye with two NFC East wins, that would be pretty darn sweet.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready put anything on Chip at this point. Foles needs to make better decisions and quit leaving plays on the field. I'm not impressed with his last 6 games.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that season with the the Giants. Never thought they would make it. They always won at the right time. The Eagles have been playing well as a team. When the offense clicks the Eagles will be the team to beat!