• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5 - Rams @ Eagles

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is maddening. I have no confidence in him right now. Mybe late in the game with it on the line but other than that...no.

Eli Manning is the best comparison I have for Nick Foles. Said as much even as a rookie.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Ryans got injured in the 4th quarter...

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think about this game. I can only say this.

1. Our All Pro running back has lost it, he looks more like he is trying out for dancing with the stars than running the football.

2. Foles is going through growing pains, least we forget he is only in year 2. Still I can deal with the INT I can't deal with the fumbles. He has to tuck that damn ball there.

3. We have the worst corners in all of football and its not even close, All due respect to Austin Davis but at least 6 maybe 7 of the throws he made should have been picked off, including two of the TD's he threw, all the corner had to do was turn around and look.

4. We have the best special teams in football and its not even close.

Oh yeah and we won and honestly we were a Riley Cooper drop away from being 5-0 despite all of that.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone wants to dump on Shady but if all he did was take the 1 yard or less that is there most of the time..we would be no better off.

If anything, this O is struggling mostly because of Nick Foles. He is not hitting on deep passes or even very many intermediate passes. Without that + an OL that is stuggling with injuries...your O is gonna suck. No matter how good your RB is.

Reason for Offensive woes...

1. OL injuries. Specifically Kelce.
2. Foles playing poorly.

The rest are not big huge issues imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Shady is just as much a problem as the offensive line, Foles and Chips play calls. Now I will say this, its funny on the drive where Cooper catches the TD, Shady has a couple of nice runs on that drive and bam we score a TD.

I don't care what anyone says this team misses DeSean Jackson, just the threat of him out there opens up things.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is set up to be a star within this Offense. He has plenty of Offensive weapons, a great Offensive coach, a stud RB & teams are almost always trying to stop our running game.

He isnt doing his part. Plain & simple.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Shady is just as much a problem as the offensive line, Foles and Chips play calls. Now I will say this, its funny on the drive where Cooper catches the TD, Shady has a couple of nice runs on that drive and bam we score a TD.

I don't care what anyone says this team misses DeSean Jackson, just the threat of him out there opens up things.

Foles isnt hitting anyone deep. That is the biggest problem. Wouldnt matter who is playing outside if teams dont think Foles can get it to them....and so far he hasnt.

if Im playing the Eagles, I go there to stop the run. Im not worried about getting beat deep by FOLES. Same goes for any team really.

Foles is a guy who has to be able to hit on deep throws. Why? He isnt consistent enough in the short-intermediate game or in redzone. Its a a big problem & if he doesnt get better at one or the other...he wont be getting a 2nd contract from the Eagles.

WINNING is the only thing saving Foles ass right now as far as Im concerned,

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you have to run the ball in Kelly's offense, once again Shady is as big a reason why this team is having issues. Not saying Foles deep pass is not a problem, not by any means but its typical of fans to always blame the QB for everything. Foles is not playing well, but if Shady was playing like Shady then the offense would look a lot better.

Let me also say this, Chips play calling has left a lot to be desired. I think he is limited some by the fact that Shady can't run the ball, Foles is having problems with his deep ball and the offensive line is not blocking well.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good QB is putting up HUGE numbers in this O. Even with our OL issues because of the way teams plays us because they are scared of Mccoy.

IDK wtf is his problem but he better figure it out.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you have to run the ball in Kelly's offense, once again Shady is as big a reason why this team is having issues. Not saying Foles deep pass is not a problem, not by any means but its typical of fans to always blame the QB for everything. Foles is not playing well, but if Shady was playing like Shady then the offense would look a lot better.

Let me also say this, Chips play calling has left a lot to be desired. I think he is limited some by the fact that Shady can't run the ball, Foles is having problems with his deep ball and the offensive line is not blocking well.

When you miss wide open receiver after wide open receiver + turn it over...yea, you get a ton of blame. When you have nowhere to run...you get less.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone wants to dump on Shady but if all he did was take the 1 yard or less that is there most of the time..we would be no better off.

If anything, this O is struggling mostly because of Nick Foles. He is not hitting on deep passes or even very many intermediate passes. Without that + an OL that is stuggling with injuries...your O is gonna suck. No matter how good your RB is.

Reason for Offensive woes...

1. OL injuries. Specifically Kelce.
2. Foles playing poorly.

The rest are not big huge issues imo.
Sproles - 7 rushes, 51 yards, 7.3 average.
McCoy - 24 rushes, 81 yards, 3.4 average.

If the problem wasn't McCoy, you'd expect the disparity to be far narrower.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Swat is not watching the same game I am, Yes Foles is missing the deep ball but, McCoy is not hitting the hole, he is not taking what the defense is giving him he is trying to turn everything into a big play, That jail break where he fumbled, there is no excuse for that, take the one yard game and keep the ball, instead he retreats 10 yards and fumbles the ball. That pissed me off more than Cary Williams not turning around and looking for the ball.
Also, McCoy now leads all RB's in football with 6 fumbles but that is Foles fault. Come on now McCoy has been terrible at best this year.

But in this town ITS ALWAYS THE QB fault.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy currently saying that he is not playing well himself, and that the O-line today was MUCH better than last week.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles - 7 rushes, 51 yards, 7.3 average.
McCoy - 24 rushes, 81 yards, 3.4 average.

If the problem wasn't McCoy, you'd expect the disparity to be far narrower.

Hell, even if we're generous and we throw out the worst and best run for each of them, we end up with;

Sproles - 5 rushes, throw out -1 yard and +25 yards, we have 27 yards. That's a 5.4 average.
McCoy - 22 rushes, throw out -3 yards and +19 yards, we have 65 yards. That's a 2.95 average.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you guys realize how bad this O would look if teams didnt gear up to stop Shady. Lose him for any amount of time & we'll see it and it wont be pretty.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing and I am not hearing enough of this, how much of this should go on Chips shoulders. I mean he has a All world RB who is playing terrible, his QB can't hit the deep pass. Does he need to call the game differently, maybe some more intermediate routes. I have been wondering where the seem pass to Ertz, Celek, and even Mathews have gone. The TD to Maclin was right down the seem. Foles seems to be ok with those, its the sideline throws he seems to be having the biggest problem with. I know he got INT last week down the middle but he got hit as he was throwing it, so he didn't have a chance to overthrow it.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you guys realize how bad this O would look if teams didnt gear up to stop Shady. Lose him for any amount of time & we'll see it and it wont be pretty.

I don't think they would play it any differently with Sproles back there. In fact when Sproles was in the backfield today they played the same type of defense.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched the all22 tape of all these games & its pretty obvious that Foles is the biggest problem along with the OL run blocking.

Id hate to see it but some of you need to see this O without Shady to realize what the real problems are.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the mistakes Nick Foles is making is mental and those are things that have nothing to do with possible injuries, however, I have to wonder whether he really is healthy - remember last year when he got hurt and he took a week off? He came back as good as ever, maybe the Eagles need to think about sitting him out a week, especially with the bye coming up, and making sure he's ready to go for the stretch run

However I think they are going to wait until the bye to let him get his rest - but some of the mistakes he's making is mental - it seems like it goes back and forth - he'll make some really smart plays and then revert back to stupidity - it's just odd

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the ALL 22 tapes and I see a RB who is looking to cut back everything, is not taking the 3 yard and a cloud of dust that is there right now. But lets not let the facts that Sproles is averaging 5 plus yards a carry behind the same line that Shady is only averaging 2.9. Shady is as much the problem as Foles is right now. I will tell you get Shady going and this offense will be just fine, even with an overthrow here and there by Foles