• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 4 top 25 discussion thread

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N. Illinois at 15? Really? I would pick Fresno State if you are going that route - at least they beat Boise and Rutgers.

Ive actually had N. Illinois in my poll since pre season voting. I think they were ranked #24 or 25 at the start and have moved up because they have not lost yet.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not looking forward to it. my poll had agenda in it too of course. Agendas are why I has hoped for a really large committee or keep current method

I promise you this ESPN will have a representative on that committee probably more than one. ABC is not going to let someone ruin their gravy train. Former coaches are the worst idea ever too. How many former coaches don't have a bias?

Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a bad football team that will do no better than 3-5 in a Big Ten I don't think is very good. They have no business being ranked.

Wisconsin is pretty good and deserves to be ranked in the 20s.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama will be back toward the top with a win over Ole Miss this weekend. A&M's defense has given up 31, 28, 49, and last week a respectable 13. This is the 109th ranked defense and the only competiton they had beat them and scored a half a hundered on them! Bama's offene is ranked 82nd in the country. Performances against V-tech and Colorado St did not look like the dominate #1 team in the country. The only team with an offensive pulse (A&M) put up 42 on the Tide. In order for A&M to move up they are going to have to beat someone other than Rice, Sam Houston, and SMU. Yes they had a tough game against Bama but in my mind Bama is nowhere near as good as they were last season. They are only #1 in the polls because they are Bama. Any other team only beating Colorado St 17-6 in the 4th would have taken a hit in the polls but not Bama. They may yet prove me wrong and dominate when they get to their conference schedule but if they have performances like they did in weeks 1 and 3 they will be more than a one loss team.

So defense all of a sudden counts to fans of Big 12 teams? Didn't seem to when the argument benefited them. There is ONE game that accounted for Alabama's defense being down in those rankings. Anyone want to bet they move back into the top 20 or 15 before the end of the year? As for Alabama's offense, how can a team be penalized for beating Virginia Tech 35-10? As for Colorado St, if you were a Bama fan you would know they played 2nd and 3rd teamers mixed with starters throughout the game. They were not going to embarrass the offensive coordinator responsible for 2 National Championships! Everyone is saying Ole Miss is good and matches up with Bama really well but when Alabama rips Ole Miss a new one it will become Ole Miss was way overrated. This type thinking goes on and on and on...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have played literally one team worth a damn and they looked horrible. In what way is their defense top 10? Because they used to be? They're 28th in points against and they needed a non-called PI and a perfectly-thrown TD pass drop to beat Marshall. There are MANY more teams deserving of being in there over VT. Just because they got rolled by Bama doesn't mean they are a top 25 team. Hell, put Minnesota in there over VT. Their win this weekend vs. San Jose State was more impressive than anything VT has done since 2011.

VT is DEFINITELY a top 10 defense. They were 5th in total defense coming into tonight, and completely shut down GT. THIS is why they were in my top 25.