• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh (9/15/2012)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that bothers me the most about this game is how completely unprepared we looked. No excuse for that, especially after a piss poor outing the previous week.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just think how long Beamer has put up with a poor O-line and Wisconsin fired theirs after 1 bad game. I guess Newsome is just one really friggin likeable guy

This might be the first thing you've ever said that I 100% agree with.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well there is one good thing you can take out of this year. There is a better chance LT will be back next year. There is no way he is projected in the 1st round if he keeps this up and probably not even the 2nd either. I think there's a good chance he is going to be mediocre all year. The O-line is not giving him a run game and the pass protection is not that great either. I don't see those things changing especially with Wang getting hurt. Wang wasn't doing well but if he's starting that means the backups are worse

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LT isn't ready for the NFL.

Even accounting for the poor offensive line, he can't throw the ball consistently. I think there is some truth about not having him pass directly after running the ball, but he misses some easy throws.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It might not be a bad idea to give Leal some reps in games, just to keep things moving.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh yeah it's not all on the O-line but they sure aren't helping things

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up on LT yet. We all did the same thing last year after a couple games, but once he had that Miami game, he was on a roll. (Just hoping he finds the groove before week 5).

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It might not be a bad idea to give Leal some reps in games, just to keep things moving.

But that's not the Beamer way. He will continue to give players chance after chance after chance. As long as they screw up on the field that is or if they're a kicker

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not giving up on LT yet. We all did the same thing last year after a couple games, but once he had that Miami game, he was on a roll. (Just hoping he finds the groove before week 5).

But those were his first starts ever. This year I don't know what his problem is

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But that's not the Beamer way. He will continue to give players chance after chance after chance. As long as they screw up on the field that is or if they're a kicker

I can understand not wanting to break someone's rhythm, but seriously, LT has no rhythm at this point. It really was the same way last year, but LT was able to shake the cobwebs. Part of that was due to wide-receiver heroics, however.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand not wanting to break someone's rhythm, but seriously, LT has no rhythm at this point. It really was the same way last year, but LT was able to shake the cobwebs. Part of that was due to wide-receiver heroics, however.

hes still throwing so high and off his back foot. last year's slow start for him was understandable because he was a new starter. this year there is no excuse, im starting to doubt that he can find his form again.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line grades are out.....everyone got above an 85 for the game.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tired of the excuses from this coaching staff, its sickening. "i give pitt credit, they are a good football team". no, they arent. they lost to youngstown state and got demolished by cinci. they didnt have a lead all season til this game

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of it's coaching. A handoff with a half-yard to go, when you've already been stood up?

I don't think so. The last thing we needed was to give the Pitt defense more time.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... and if your running game isn't effective, you don't have to run it on first down EVERY TIME.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it's coaching. A handoff with a half-yard to go, when you've already been stood up?

I don't think so. The last thing we needed was to give the Pitt defense more time.
It was a first down run if Joey Phillips even makes contact with the guy he is supposed to block and doesn't whiff. It was a 4-5 yard gain if Eric Martin and Joey Phillips make any kind of decent block. This is entirely execution on the parts of the players. The run was NOT a bad play call.

Of course, coaching plays a big part in execution, but I don't think that was your point.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tired of the excuses from this coaching staff, its sickening. "i give pitt credit, they are a good football team". no, they arent. they lost to youngstown state and got demolished by cinci. they didnt have a lead all season til this game
Its not an excuse. Its just the way coaches talk with the media. If you pay attention, Frank Beamer says every team we play is a good football team lose, win or blowout. If Virginia Tech football played a Virginia Tech intramural team, Frank Beamer would say the team they played was a good football team.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was a first down run if Joey Phillips even makes contact with the guy he is supposed to block and doesn't whiff. It was a 4-5 yard gain if Eric Martin and Joey Phillips make any kind of decent block. This is entirely execution on the parts of the players. The run was NOT a bad play call.

Of course, coaching plays a big part in execution, but I don't think that was your point.

Part of calling a play is knowing what assets you have on your team.

With those assets, you give it to your biggest player, Logan Thomas, who makes that play 7 times out of 10.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Cole looked completely unprepared and outclassed Out there as well.

At least he has the excuse that he's not played. Detrick Bonner fucking blows.