• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 - Seattle

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak on his own has as many or more turnovers than 28 other teams through week 3. Not winning football.
really....28 you say, outta 32 teams
I see 11 teams with more TO's than Dak and another 7 teams with a total of 4 through 3 weeks. Nevermind he just set an all time team record for consecutive passes without an INT. You're on a mission here

your hate for all things Dak is worse than any Eagle fan. Piss off hater

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First............

Welcome to our world. ET has been mentioned a few times after today.

I just came over to say. Heck of a game today. Both teams left nothing on the table and brought everything.

Hope you guys figure it out and have some January football
The Seahawks have the best QB in football IMO, even over the guy in KC. I would expect y'all to be right there this year. Good luck

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus, really? There were two to three holds I saw against Seattle's defense that allowed Dak to complete deep passes (and once scrambling for a decent chunk of yards). Let's not forget the obvious helmet to helmet against Lockett that was never called and the blatant and intentional injury caused by your fat fucking lineman to Carson which resulted in no penalty/ejection (and yes, Clowney should've been penalized for the hit on Wentz last year, but that's not what we're talking about)....

Overall the refs were fairly decent in this game... there was some miss holding on both defenses, but nothing that was a blatant WTF that swung the game.

If you've followed me at ALL during my time on the Hoop you would know I will absolutely call out Seattle when they get officiating bias and 'lucky' ref calls, and it really never happened this game. I'm also one of the few if only Seahawks that will say SuperBowl 40 was generally fairly called outside of the 'illegal Matt Hasselbeck tackle' which didn't matter anyway at that point.

I generally like most of the Cowboys fans on this forum, but you're delusional as fuck all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just sour/pissed because of the loss and will come to your senses in 24-72 hours (as it can take that time for me to do so).
Yeah, it wasn't the refs. We lost the turnover battle and couldn't get a stop, plain and simple

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stench of Garrett still lingers with this team. Some good - a lot bad. No new coaching staff is going to cleanse all of that out right off the bat... especially with nothing beyond a truncated training camp because of the Rona. There will be some pain.

Onward. Browns next.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were bad calls but the defense was atrocious, stupid special team blunders, horrible penalties and minus 3 in turnover battle. We were a nice hustle play from giving up 39 or more points in back to back games. Dak on his own has as many or more turnovers than 28 other teams through week 3. Not winning football.
:nono:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what you expect out of the defense. 7 punts means they stopped Seattle 7 times. In today’s NFL that is pretty good. Seattle has a great offense with arguably the best QB in the game. We are missing some DBs

Look at tonight’s game - 2 good defenses vs two offenses without their best WRs. It’s 37-30.
I don't get this not so veiled attempt each week to try to portray the defense as better than they were. 5 TD passes should have been 6 and most were pretty open. Guys were open all day long again. DL IMO played really well. LBs played better than they have been (maybe not saying much) and I think that is directly related to the DL play. The secondary is just bad, but I expected that when they were bad last year and lost their one good player. I will say there were a few downs where they held up nicely but you can't get beat deep for TDs over and over. Funny all the compliments I see Diggs getting on social media when he was burnt constantly dropped an Interception in his hands, was lost at the goal line and hasn't YET shown the ability to make a play on the ball in the air any differently than any other Cowboy DB of the last decade or so. Kids going to be a player, but he was a big part of the problem.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stench of Garrett still lingers with this team. Some good - a lot bad. No new coaching staff is going to cleanse all of that out right off the bat... especially with nothing beyond a truncated training camp because of the Rona. There will be some pain.

Onward. Browns next.
I don't buy still blaming things on Garrett. That excuse has sailed and so far the Giants fans are liking him as OC. If anything, the same old issues cropping up is proving he wasn't the entire issue like some were saying. Red zone penalties and players who don't look like they know what is going on half the time may just be due dumb or bad players. Heck, take away a fluke onside kick and our STs may have had a worse start than last year so far

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy still blaming things on Garrett. That excuse has sailed and so far the Giants fans are liking him as OC. If anything, the same old issues cropping up is proving he wasn't the entire issue like some were saying. Red zone penalties and players who don't look like they know what is going on half the time may just be due dumb or bad players. Heck, take away a fluke onside kick and our STs may have had a worse start than last year so far
There's the other part of this equation. As much as we made fun of the Falcons last week for their ineptitude on Special Teams - it isn't like we are distinguishing ourselves so far. It's where I just feel I have to give McCarthy and his staff a little latitude in figuring out what we really have here. Goes back to the old Jimmy Johnson bromide -"The next time I think about drafting a dumb guy, hit me with a hammer."

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this not so veiled attempt each week to try to portray the defense as better than they were. 5 TD passes should have been 6 and most were pretty open. Guys were open all day long again. DL IMO played really well. LBs played better than they have been (maybe not saying much) and I think that is directly related to the DL play. The secondary is just bad, but I expected that when they were bad last year and lost their one good player. I will say there were a few downs where they held up nicely but you can't get beat deep for TDs over and over. Funny all the compliments I see Diggs getting on social media when he was burnt constantly dropped an Interception in his hands, was lost at the goal line and hasn't YET shown the ability to make a play on the ball in the air any differently than any other Cowboy DB of the last decade or so. Kids going to be a player, but he was a big part of the problem.
I don't get it either. He seems to be watching a different defense then what I see. I think with the new scheme and lack of mini camps etc.. it will take longer for defense to gell. I am disappointed so far, but hopefully we will see improvement as the season goes on.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 TD passes allowed is bad. And yes most were open. I’m just saying it seemed a lot easier for us to move the ball than them. Turnovers set them up for two short field scores. Sure , one of those would have been nice to hold to a FG. Some seem to pick out favorites and not blame them. Diggs is a Rookie but he is giving up a lot. I never said they played well. I just said they played better than what they will get credit for. We have more weapons than I have ever seen us have.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 TD passes allowed is bad. And yes most were open. I’m just saying it seemed a lot easier for us to move the ball than them. Turnovers set them up for two short field scores. Sure , one of those would have been nice to hold to a FG. Some seem to pick out favorites and not blame them. Diggs is a Rookie but he is giving up a lot. I never said they played well. I just said they played better than what they will get credit for. We have more weapons than I have ever seen us have.
The pass defense was against Seattle . Really the blame goes on the Secondary for the most part. Wilson is a great QB and had a great game.

That pick dak threw at the end of the first half and the safety and 2 missed extra points were killers..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured going in that the cowboys would be able to throw on that secondary.

Seattle seemed intent on stopping the run and they succeeded. The issue I have is we stick with connor William's at LG and I thing we got upgrades on the roster. If we going to pay Zeke all that money then put the best blockers on the roster in front of him or just trade him. William's has had 3 seasons and he sucks at run blocking.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking Garrett as the OC of the Giants as well. I never thought Garrett was the entire problem. But after 13 years as a coach here he never proved to be the solution either.

That turnover at the end of the first half is on the coaching staff. There are certain game situation to be aggressive and that was not one of them. Should have run the ball there and punted if need be. The defense is not good enough to be put in that situation, especially when you are playing Russel Wilson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean in the Romo era...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can never remember Romo having these weapons. Romo wasn’t a threat to run like Dak either. This offense can be amazing with some good health.
Getting smith and Collins back would be huge. Once that happens replace looney and William's. The blocking on that turnover to begin the second half was terrible. The pass protection only improved after Martin was moved to RT. Martin dominated at RT.

The big reason Zeke could not run was looney and William's getting shoved into backfield.. antuan woods would be better at LG than connor williams

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont get the dak hate. He had that bad throw at the end of first half, but to be honest that was some real trash at RT and Dak had to rush the throw. The ensuing turnover to begin the 2nd halff was caused by bad RT play.. was dak perfect? No. Once Martin moved to RT the offense got much better..Dak was getting no pressure off the right side . Credit the coaching staff for moving Zack to RT or I think the cowboys get blown out

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can never remember Romo having these weapons. Romo wasn’t a threat to run like Dak either. This offense can be amazing with some good health.
Our Offense is amazing. Just cant keep up with what the Defense gives up.

Our Defense is nothing but a dirty whore that spreads its legs for anyone to score with! they stop nothing when they have too.
Dak's Offense had the lead late in the 4th. Cowboys defense never makes that stop when it counts. True Story!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Offense is amazing. Just cant keep up with what the Defense gives up.

Our Defense is nothing but a dirty whore that spreads its legs for anyone to score with! they stop nothing when they have too.
Dak's Offense had the lead late in the 4th. Cowboys defense never makes that stop when it counts. True Story!

Damn. Did anyone actually expect the defense to stop them at the end. I kept watching the clock - hoping they would leave us enough time. I know Seattle stopped us at the end , but desperation drives are different than normal drives. If you don’t get a sack or penalty called vs the other team - it’s hard to stop because of the team having 4 downs.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Did anyone actually expect the defense to stop them at the end. I kept watching the clock - hoping they would leave us enough time. I know Seattle stopped us at the end , but desperation drives are different than normal drives. If you don’t get a sack or penalty called vs the other team - it’s hard to stop because of the team having 4 downs.
I didn't. There was 4+ minutes on the clock. That was way too much time for Russell Wilson considering what he had done pretty much the entire 2nd half.