• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Lions @ Eagles

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think I would avoid pursuing Ramsey. It's not about the money or talent I'm concerned about. It's about giving up picks. With all of injuries piling up and the age of this roster being up there, I feel it's better to start stockpiling picks, rather than giving them up. The Jags will at the very least get a first rounder plus, is it worth it? Normally I would say yes. However, Schwartz and his effusive scheme may not even matter with the addition of Ramsey. There is no pass rush now, lack of QB hurries, and only two sacks to this point. Bottom line is I would pass.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your point, and I somewhat agree. My point is that Ramsey is the very best cover corner in the NFL.
What do you think we'd wind up with draft prospects?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is....we may get Ramsey after this week. :hope:

Howie and others will not let this season slip away.
i mean, obviously not the best start to the season, and i'm not feeling especially optimistic for Thursday (granted, those games seem to be shit fests for both teams, I'm not sure how the impacts an eagles team that has routinely been lacking in execution to start the season). would be nice to go a week without losing someone, hopefully we get a person or two back this week.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think I would avoid pursuing Ramsey. It's not about the money or talent I'm concerned about. It's about giving up picks. With all of injuries piling up and the age of this roster being up there, I feel it's better to start stockpiling picks, rather than giving them up. The Jags will at the very least get a first rounder plus, is it worth it? Normally I would say yes. However, Schwartz and his effusive scheme may not even matter with the addition of Ramsey. There is no pass rush now, lack of QB hurries, and only two sacks to this point. Bottom line is I would pass.
i've seen the counterpoint to this is with ramsey, they could send an extra guy to blitz more often. time to ramble, that was the most annoying part about having to listen to announcers that don't watch the eagles last game. they kept talking about how aggressive JS is and how that pairs well with Doug. While he has blitzed more with the front 4 not producing, he's always quick to point out how it bites them in the ass. I miss the real Jim.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've seen the counterpoint to this is with ramsey, they could send an extra guy to blitz more often. time to ramble, that was the most annoying part about having to listen to announcers that don't watch the eagles last game. they kept talking about how aggressive JS is and how that pairs well with Doug. While he has blitzed more with the front 4 not producing, he's always quick to point out how it bites them in the ass. I miss the real Jim.

It’s interesting, but fuzzy, to speculate how Ramsey would be used by JS and if it would make a tremendous immediate impact.

My concern with him hasn’t been in these areas. The concern has been with the type of teammate he could be, and what he would cost in dollars.

I felt insanely comfortable with Minkah on these factors. I really wish we had beaten the Steelers out. I could see him being a solid piece for a long time, and that is worth both draft capital and future cap dollars.

Ramsey is much more cap dollars now. He wants all the cap dollars now and going forward. And I just don’t see him as a good teammate. I thought Seth Joyner said it well here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...h-joyner-strong-stance-whether-164938534.html

He’s a “team first” guy who showed up to camp in a Brinks truck. He wants to play in man to be the best shut down corner. But we know JS doesn’t play much man. How exactly is he going to fit into this team first locker room?

And we are going to give up at least one, likely two, firsts?

Nah, give me the youth and potential that those 1-2 1st rounders can bring. In the McNabb days I became familiar with a new term....window opening/closing. As the window started closing on McNabbs career there was so much talk about it. About doing what’s for the now.

But that is not the case now. We have a young QB. While we do have a roster to turn over there is a long window open on the other side of that. For the overall longevity of SB chances the next 8-10 years we cannot start selling it all off to win now. Not with the question marks that Ramsey has.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on 2 firsts. One #1 = #3 or #4 = a player. I wanted to offer Agholor, but now he's a joke. Darby? Ditto. I will consider Goedert, but am reluctant, but in the end, I think we need Ramsey, because he can handle 1/2 of the field, and not have to worry about it. He makes the whole secondary better.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on 2 firsts. One #1 = #3 or #4 = a player. I wanted to offer Agholor, but now he's a joke. Darby? Ditto. I will consider Goedert, but am reluctant, but in the end, I think we need Ramsey, because he can handle 1/2 of the field, and not have to worry about it. He makes the whole secondary better.

How’s he going to handle half the field in zone?

Also....and this is just based on my reading that last few days....Khan isn’t letting him go for a 1, a 3/4 and a player.

Maybe that changes with all of these sick days. But remains to be seen.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I have been thinking about this defense the past couple of days the more I keep thinking that while brining in Ramsey would be an improvement at the end of the day the Eagles still has Schwartz

It doesn't matter who the Eagles bring in - Schwartz's scheme is going to sour that milk