• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Lions @ Eagles

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all admire Howie, but the drafts lately haven't been great.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 dropped passes, 3 offensive pass interference calls, wasn’t pretty.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all admire Howie, but the drafts lately haven't been great.

I’m not saying it was crappy draft picks, I believe in Sanders my bitch is why not run the damn ball more with him and Jordan? Hell you have instant thunder and lightning in the backfield

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Carson is off target. He's also back to looking for Ertz on every playh. I love Wentz, but the elite QB's scan the whole field, not just looking for the same guy. We clearly miss Reich (who despite losing Luck, is winning with Brissett), and Defilipo.
he certainly hasn't hit some people in stride, but a lot of those he was on the run moving out of a collapsed pocket. both throws to sanders in fact. that said, he's rarely had a clean pocket.

any word on Dillard's injury? Also, what was JPs illness in the first half that they chose to leave him out in the heat on the sidelines to yell at cats after they fucked up and not take him to the locker room to get fluids?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he certainly hasn't hit some people in stride, but a lot of those he was on the run moving out of a collapsed pocket. both throws to sanders in fact. that said, he's rarely had a clean pocket.

any word on Dillard's injury? Also, what was JPs illness in the first half that they chose to leave him out in the heat on the sidelines to yell at cats after they fucked up and not take him to the locker room to get fluids?

The narrative from last year of a very spotty training staff continues, in my view. I can’t figure out what the fuck they are doing and am about to crown them ahead of the defense for worst unit on this team. Problem is their performance is not quite as easily measured as, say, the defense. But something just seems fucked there.

At least watching in highlights I thought at least a few of those drops couldn’t be put on Wentz (looking at you Nelly).

Wasn’t it last year we had tremendous amounts of receiver drops along with an abysmal secondary? Swear to God...where is Bill Murray and the groundhog at?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a replay of Sanders getting his helmet ripped off on a return tackle almost taking his head off. How does that not draw a flag?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a replay of Sanders getting his helmet ripped off on a return tackle almost taking his head off. How does that not draw a flag?
certainly going to go down as the most egregious missed call on the season. not most the impactful mind you, but, yeah, it was pretty bad.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't see an easy fix to our problems. Our front 7 has one combined Sack in 3 games ... ONE!!! Only 3 teams have given up more yards than the Eagles; we've given up more yards than Miami who's pretty much tanking the season! Offensively we are not as bad, but we lead the league in drops ... Agholor has been putrid despite his #'s. I get that we haven't had Jeffery or DJax for the past 2 games, but somebody needs to step up and make plays. Arcega-Whiteside has been invisible aside from the big drop ... I know he's a rookie, but there's other rookies out there making plays for their teams. So frustrating .... and as bad as we've played there were plenty of chances the past 2 games to still pull out the W and we flubbed it up!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 drops, 2 lost fumbles and 3 offensive pass interference calls .... and STILL we win the game if Arcega Whiteside doesn't let that last pass go right through both hands. I understand it was a contested catch, but there was no tip ... good WR's make that play. Then you have last week where a perfect pass in stride would have won the game and Agholor simply drops it. Both plays if made by the WR wins the games and we're sitting at 3-0 despite all that's not been right with the team. As it stands though we're heading into Green Bay in almost a must win scenario ... incredibly frustrating.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't see an easy fix to our problems. Our front 7 has one combined Sack in 3 games ... ONE!!! Only 3 teams have given up more yards than the Eagles; we've given up more yards than Miami who's pretty much tanking the season! Offensively we are not as bad, but we lead the league in drops ... Agholor has been putrid despite his #'s. I get that we haven't had Jeffery or DJax for the past 2 games, but somebody needs to step up and make plays. Arcega-Whiteside has been invisible aside from the big drop ... I know he's a rookie, but there's other rookies out there making plays for their teams. So frustrating .... and as bad as we've played there were plenty of chances the past 2 games to still pull out the W and we flubbed it up!

And that’s the damn thing....there is not one problem with an easy enough fix....there are many. And most are confounding to solve.

JJAW....I agree he’s in the spotlight and not putting up any kind of results like some other rookies. But I wonder (without knowing other rookies situations) just how much more time they got to work with their QBs in the off season. Wentz did not practice much early in the off season, didn’t play pre season, and probably didn’t get much reps with JJAW otherwise. This is the downside to nursing a QB gently back from an injury.

I swear we had same issues last year. The drops, the defense. And somehow it got shored up pretty well by the end of the year. Hoping for such a fix again....and quicker this time.

If we can find a way through GB on Thursday (somehow) than Dallas gets New Orleans on Sunday night and we could be back to a game out by this time next week. All there can be is hope.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we start to look for receivers on the trade block or just wait it out with Alshon and Desean?

Personally, I think the offense will be fine. I’m more concerned about the defense longterm.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we start to look for receivers on the trade block or just wait it out with Alshon and Desean?

Personally, I think the offense will be fine. I’m more concerned about the defense longterm.

Alshon is back this week, ( he already came out and said it.) Personally either Nelson or Mack should be shopped for something better.

Defensive wise I ain't even blaming them. Stupid turnovers put them in situations where they couldn't catch a break, plus special teams gave up a TD as well...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon is back this week, ( he already came out and said it.) Personally either Nelson or Mack should be shopped for something better.

Defensive wise I ain't even blaming them. Stupid turnovers put them in situations where they couldn't catch a break, plus special teams gave up a TD as well...

Realistically, what would we get for either of them? And Nelson isn’t bad when he’s the 4th option. Not so great when he’s the option 1b.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, what would we get for either of them? And Nelson isn’t bad when he’s the 4th option. Not so great when he’s the option 1b.

Hell at this point I would take a bag of balls and some holder to be named later.
Someone mentioned about Wentz looking for Ertz all the time yesterday, I would too if Nelson can't hold on to the ball and Mack has to push off like an idiot to make a catch....

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think offensively the Eagles will but Doug needs to stop getting cute with his formations. Jordan Howard needs to be the primary back and he need needs to make his presence known. There is no need to try to get fancy. Carson Wentz is an elite QB and you do not need to get cute with plays when it comes to him. We have too many weapons and today we were missing our 2 primary receivers. That is hard to overcome.

The biggest problem on this team on the defense and they proved it yesterday as well. If you look at the stat sheet you would probably say they played well. If you look at it situationally you may come up with a different conclusion.

Twice after the Eagles scored a TD the defense allowed the Lions to march down the field and score a TD themselves on 75 yard drives. A lot can be said about momentum in a game and every time we seemed to get the momentum we give it right back.

I have never been a fan of Jim Schwartz and have repeatedly said he needs to go and I still feel that way. His defense is predictable. He never blitz from the outside and the pass rush is always a straight rush. He rarely blitzes and I rarely see a stunt. He relies on the talent of the front 4 and that is just stupid because of the way the game has changed. You can even breathe on the QB without getting a penalty and the manhandling of receivers is a thing of the past. Not that it matters against the Eagles because receivers are always open.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 offensive pass interference calls.

This was stunning to see, almost like your WRs were coached to do that? Just very odd to see 3 OPI in one game.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think offensively the Eagles will but Doug needs to stop getting cute with his formations. Jordan Howard needs to be the primary back and he need needs to make his presence known. There is no need to try to get fancy. Carson Wentz is an elite QB and you do not need to get cute with plays when it comes to him. We have too many weapons and today we were missing our 2 primary receivers. That is hard to overcome.

The biggest problem on this team on the defense and they proved it yesterday as well. If you look at the stat sheet you would probably say they played well. If you look at it situationally you may come up with a different conclusion.

Twice after the Eagles scored a TD the defense allowed the Lions to march down the field and score a TD themselves on 75 yard drives. A lot can be said about momentum in a game and every time we seemed to get the momentum we give it right back.

I have never been a fan of Jim Schwartz and have repeatedly said he needs to go and I still feel that way. His defense is predictable. He never blitz from the outside and the pass rush is always a straight rush. He rarely blitzes and I rarely see a stunt. He relies on the talent of the front 4 and that is just stupid because of the way the game has changed. You can even breathe on the QB without getting a penalty and the manhandling of receivers is a thing of the past. Not that it matters against the Eagles because receivers are always open.

LMAO! you're still fucking beating that dead horse?

before they even took the field, the lions had a kickoff return for a TD. pederson didn't challenge a 3rd down conversion that was clearly short by about a yard, maybe more. the eagles fumbled, defense held to a FG. the eagles fumbled again, the defense held to a FG again.

take away the misdirection, trick run, whatever you want to call it.. that went for 44 yards, the lions only rushed for 42 yards on 27 carries. stafford barely threw for over 200. the eagles had nearly 100 more yards @ home, but lost. SHOCKER! so lets blame the defense when wentz is erratic, agholor has brick fucking hands, sanders is carrying a greased up football and pederson is making idiotic calls. damn defense!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys crack me up with how you cannot see the big picture. Fortunately it is a very small number that think everything is Pedersons fault. Anyone that think Wentz is the problem is truly a moron and should just give up watching and discussing football. You are just too stupid to take seriously.

Yesterday’s game was full of mistakes but to blame them on Pederson is just stupid. Sometimes he really does make me scratch my head like going for it on your own 28 yard line late in the game when you all three timeouts. That made no sense to me. The constant love affair he has with Sproles is another head scratcher. Featuring him in short yardage situations baffles me too.

But……Games the Eagles lost they could have and should have won. For the record Wentz led the Eagles to consecutive game winning drives and executed the plays for victories only to be plagued by drops and/or stupid penalties.

The team is playing like it is still the pre-season and that does fall on Pederson. Some of the mistakes that were made do not fall on him. It was not his fault the special teams gave up a 100 yard TD. That is the special teams coach. The 2 lost fumbles were not his fault. That falls on the players. The dropped passes. That is not his fault. That falls on the players too. He called the right plays and the players did not do their part.

Now before you Pederson and Wentz bashers go getting your panties in a wad I am not saying they are error free. Wentz was horrible in the first half against the Falcons but was very good in the second half. I did not see the game yesterday but from what I can tell based on reports from everyone else he played very well and his numbers would have been top tier if not for the drops.