• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Fred Johnson Nonparticipation Trophy

Which Bengal will embarass himself, his team, his state, and his country against the Eagles?

• Fred Johnson

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A.J. Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Ross

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Bobby Hart

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Jessie Bates

• Other (Specify in comments)

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Price wrapping this thing up by completely whiffing again

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is Price and Hart are trying

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joe Burrow wants to be a leader on this team, he needs to call out the line

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I have it in me to watch these clowns ruin another gem in Joe Burrow. I’ve seen enough from this staff to know this ain’t it.

Might as well start Finley against Pittsburgh. We’re overdue for a career altering injury against those bastards.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually Burrow will get a concussion or an injury, he won't play to his potential, and people will start talking about how he just didn't work out as an NFL QB.

same tired old shit.

there's no free agent offensive lineman who can help? none at all?

damn it!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - this award should go to Tobin and staff for allowing this offensive line to even exist in the NFL.

You can pick names out of a hat from free agents and put together a better OL. I'd put money on it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game - despite the fact that the defense can't get a stop in critical times, or get a correct play call/scheme by the DC, despite the OL having more holes than swiss cheese, despite the fact that the head coach plays to not lose games instead of having any assemblance of male genitalia and going for wins to install that kind of winning/aggressive mindset within the team, despite all of those things:

Joe Burrow has nearly willed this team to 3 wins. Dude is something special. It's a shame he'll be in a wheelchair soon.

Also - with every game that passes - AJ Green looks stiffer and stiffer. Dude might hang on for a few more years somewhere (who am I kidding, he'll get a 4 year deal here for 25M a year from Brown) as a possession WR - but man, he looks awful. It's a shame to see it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - this award should go to Tobin and staff for allowing this offensive line to even exist in the NFL.

You can pick names out of a hat from free agents and put together a better OL. I'd put money on it.

Cordy Glenn is available.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought I read that Cordy Glenn had signed with the Eagles, but maybe that fell through.

This will probably be an unpopular idea, but if there are no outside solutions to the O-line, and clearly there are no in-house solutions, why not try flip flopping Hart to RG and Johnson to RT. Could that really be a worse result?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I don't get... I'm not asking for the Bengals to sign a 15 million dollar per year left tackle. But you mean to tell me you couldn't just randomly pick up a few FAs from the open market for salaries comparable to what Bobby Hart is making? Its hard to believe there weren't guys out there that could do better than what we've seen.... And yes, I know we got the guy from the Texans/Cowboys. But I think we've officially needed more than one for a long time now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I thought I read that Cordy Glenn had signed with the Eagles, but maybe that fell through.

This will probably be an unpopular idea, but if there are no outside solutions to the O-line, and clearly there are no in-house solutions, why not try flip flopping Hart to RG and Johnson to RT. Could that really be a worse result?

I'm not exactly sure how it could be worse. What would that even look like?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow is a pretty amazing young quarterback. It's funny because he has that "it" factor that Dalton just never had. But now that we have "it," AJ Green is gone and the line is somehow worse than it's ever been.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordy Glenn is available.
Burnt that bridge. Damn shame because I'd bet he'd be better at RG or RT right now - and may end up being better than anyone we got.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow is a pretty amazing young quarterback. It's funny because he has that "it" factor that Dalton just never had. But now that we have "it," AJ Green is gone and the line is somehow worse than it's ever been.
Higgins has looked good, Tate > Ross, and Boyd will still be Boyd. Thomas looks like a sleeper guy that can contribute. The RB's are good, and now you have a winning mindset QB that could actually go out and win you games you would normally lose....and you don't invest in protecting him.

What the actual F*....how clueless can you be as an organization.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins has looked good, Tate > Ross, and Boyd will still be Boyd. Thomas looks like a sleeper guy that can contribute. The RB's are good, and now you have a winning mindset QB that could actually go out and win you games you would normally lose....and you don't invest in protecting him.

What the actual F*....how clueless can you be as an organization.
Yeah, the skill guys can probably get it done. I do think they'll need someone to be a speed threat at some point.... Right now it doesn't really matter because Joe doesn't have time to throw it more than 10 yards down field. But if we do ever get any sort of protection, we'll need someone to take the top off.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not one to substantiate media tropes. I hate every year when the blowhards at ESPN and such start the fear mongering that *insert star player* should refuse to play for whatever team holds the #1 pick. It’s a bunch of bullshit. Often times born out of small market vs. big market bias.

That said. They were spot on with Joe Burrow. There’s not a doubt in my mind he’ll regret playing for Cincinnati. It’s really depressing honestly. The fact that this front office and coaching staff has fielded, for the large part, the same exact piece of shit offensive line for going on 3 years now....is a criminal offense. It just proves everybody right that makes fun of the Bengals organization. It’s the definition of insanity. These dudes fucking suck. Everyone knows it. Yet the powers to be continue to look the other way.

Why even draft a QB #1 if you have no plan to support him? They might as well have taken Chase Young and brought back Dalton for cheap and let him get beat to shit. At least then nobody’s worse for wear. And it would be a lot easier to finally give up watching these turds.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not one to substantiate media tropes. I hate every year when the blowhards at ESPN and such start the fear mongering that *insert star player* should refuse to play for whatever team holds the #1 pick. It’s a bunch of bullshit. Often times born out of small market vs. big market bias.

That said. They were spot on with Joe Burrow. There’s not a doubt in my mind he’ll regret playing for Cincinnati. It’s really depressing honestly. The fact that this front office and coaching staff has fielded, for the large part, the same exact piece of shit offensive line for going on 3 years now....is a criminal offense. It just proves everybody right that makes fun of the Bengals organization. It’s the definition of insanity. These dudes fucking suck. Everyone knows it. Yet the powers to be continue to look the other way.

Why even draft a QB #1 if you have no plan to support him? They might as well have taken Chase Young and brought back Dalton for cheap and let him get beat to shit. At least then nobody’s worse for wear. And it would be a lot easier to finally give up watching these turds.
Maybe a blessing in disguise? Maybe the beating he takes this year will open up the wallet next year on offense like they did last year on defense.

Take AJ's salary - let him walk - and spend that on a competent RT and Mid-tier Guard - and then draft another in rounds 1-3 (maybe 2).

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a blessing in disguise? Maybe the beating he takes this year will open up the wallet next year on offense like they did last year on defense.

Take AJ's salary - let him walk - and spend that on a competent RT and Mid-tier Guard - and then draft another in rounds 1-3 (maybe 2).

I'm starting to wonder if we are tanking the season in order to find a new blind side tackle.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if we are tanking the season in order to find a new blind side tackle.
Williams definitely struggled.

But the award will always - and I do mean always - belong to Bobby Hart. Even when he's not whiffing right away - there is no other OL I see standing around blocking no one more often than Hart. Look for him after every play - and the majority of the time he's standing there all by himself. That's really hard to do as an OL.