• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3- Denver Broncos @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a work in progress. Let’s see what they can do against Rodgers and the Jets.
For those of you that were calling Nix a bust, this probably complicates your thinking.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually you’re not gonna beat teams having to settle for 4 FG’s but our defense has been really strong this year so that definitely helps.

Just waiting on that first Nix TD pass but he’s definitely not afraid to use his legs and that’s a great thing to see.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the Williams butterfingers perhaps we pitch a shoutout.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I read somewhere that we are staying on the east coast this week since we play at the Jets next week?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they said something about we’re traveling up the coast
I think the Broncos are booked into a West VA resort and golf place - like Green Briar (famously). Payton wants to build relationship bonds on the team beyond the football routine.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season start for Patrick Surtain - 3 games - 3 WR #1s shut down.

Sean Payton on Bo Nix - "He's really going to be something,"

Teams can't throw at Surtain and can't throw at McMillian - and they are finding out they can't throw at Riley Moss either

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line was the difference in that game with Palczewski in for the turnstile. Made a world of difference. Hopefully he keeps it up and McGlinchey can be the most expensive back up on the team. :yes:

I will say the TB DL is a far cry from Pitt and Sea so we obviously need more of a sample size, but I loved it. Troy Franklin sighting as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance Joseph is legit.

I was thinking about this the other day.

Sure VJ has had his really bad moments but he has grown and I still see people making negative comments about him. How much better can he be with what he has since after the Bears game last year?

Everytime the D has a bad series people point a finger at VJ. Everytime they have a good series it is because of Payton.

The guy is earning my trust.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season start for Patrick Surtain - 3 games - 3 WR #1s shut down.

Sean Payton on Bo Nix - "He's really going to be something,"

Teams can't throw at Surtain and can't throw at McMillian - and they are finding out they can't throw at Riley Moss either

He struggled a bit vs Pickens with PI's but other then that he has been fantastic. One of those was ticky tack too.

CB's are buzzin. Levi Wallace has played well when called upon as well.

Hell, we had Fabian Moreau playing great in this D last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line was the difference in that game with Palczewski in for the turnstile. Made a world of difference. Hopefully he keeps it up and McGlinchey can be the most expensive back up on the team. :yes:

I will say the TB DL is a far cry from Pitt and Sea so we obviously need more of a sample size, but I loved it. Troy Franklin sighting as well.

That would be awesome. I have always been fan of Palc and Crum and it is rare I am giddy about OL and we happened to get both undrafted. Both made the team as undrafted rooks. Love it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the Broncos now have designed a defense where Surtain -is assigned to take out the WR#1 every week. That max's the value Surtain's contract.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch Riley Moss at 5:13 - stuff Tristin Wirth to the ground,

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this the other day.

Sure VJ has had his really bad moments but he has grown and I still see people making negative comments about him. How much better can he be with what he has since after the Bears game last year?

Everytime the D has a bad series people point a finger at VJ. Everytime they have a good series it is because of Payton.

The guy is earning my trust.

I was certainly quick to judge VJ last year.

I’m bookmarking this…

I bumped the thread after the Dolphins game last year.

I think I have to eat a bit of humble pie. These past 3 games VJ’s D has actually shown up in big spots.

Bears - strip sack of Fields for a TD to tie, stop on 4th down in FG range, INT to seal the W.

Jets - down 3 late PS2 gets an interception to get the offense the ball back.

Chiefs - sack on 3rd down making a long FG attempt at the two minute warning.

After not being able to make any stops against Vegas and Washington, I was worried that was a problem we’d be seeing all year. But Joseph actually has these guys playing hard and making plays in big moments.

Teams are still running all over the defense through the first 3 quarters of the game, but they’ve been coming through in crunch time. So some improvement can actually be seen and VJ is starting to coach.

Maybe he isn’t completely clueless…

Yet a couple pages later I ate humble pie. Maybe I’m just fickle…