• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: 49ers @ Cardinals

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he throws it away? Now you see how really stupid kaepernick is. On third and 5 trailing 47 to 7 he throws the ball away. Why not try to drill one in there. Its not like its going to cost you the game. The time to throw it away was on the two INTs for TDs he threw while the game was still a game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was the only one crazy enough to think 10-6, and 9-7 after Aldon Smith was released.
I had 5 and 11 but they won't get there. There are a few winnable games near the tail end of the season but they will be 1 and 10 or 2 and 9 by then.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna hang out for the post game show. Curious to hear what Tomsula has to say.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will probably look better playing at home against average teams. At best I thought we would be 8-8 especially after seeing this oline play in training camp. At this point it couldn't hurt to draft a QB and start grooming him, but, we can't go into next year and start a rookie QB behind this shitty oline or we will fck up this QB before he gets started

Yeah, I agree. If we haven't fixed the o-line, we have to start a vet at QB and make him a sacrificial lamb.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was the only one crazy enough to think 10-6, and 9-7 after Aldon Smith was released.

This team's issues go way beyond Aldon Smith. Even if Aldon Smith was here, I think the outcome today would have been about the same.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. If we haven't fixed the o-line, we have to start a vet at QB and make him a sacrificial lamb.

I am actually a fan of doing that anyway. Play a vet for at least a year. It is hard for teams to do that when things are going bad. There is pressure to try something new like starting a rookie QB on a shitty team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still shocked they didn't play Gabbet. Coaching staff is clueless. Not a good sign. Most coaches won't be here after this year.

Man its going to be a tough year. At best I se 5-11 but 4-12 looks about right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey we are not the only one with a bad day. Miami fans have to be pissed. They were suppose to be good this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the whole team was overmatched. AZ is a much better team
I agree but coaches didn't help. No way in hell back to back weeks you should have 2 WRs do that to you. 0 Adjustments. No reason to have Larry wide open on half of his catches. DC and OC are clueless and Tomsula has no idea whats going on.

York screwed up this team and this is what we get. He blew up a Power house team for no reason. No we will be one of the worst.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually a fan of doing that anyway. Play a vet for at least a year. It is hard for teams to do that when things are going bad. There is pressure to try something new like starting a rookie QB on a shitty team.

Jed York decided this season would be a throw-away season. Might as well make it two throw-away seasons.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Kaepernick threw his second interception, the 49ers’ next 13 plays were runs –- a streak that included two scrambles. Tomsula said he sent the directive to offensive coordinator Geep Chryst to run the ball during that stretch of the game.

“Let’s grab ahold of this and get things calmed down,” Tomsula said was his reasoning by sticking with the running game.

I find that troubling. Tomsula should let his OC do his job,

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the real 49ers please stand up?
There's no way they can be as bad as they have looked in these 2 road games after how much they dominated the Vikings in the home opener. I mean the way it looks right now the Vikings should have killed us and Peterson should have run for over 200 yards in the game.

I guess you could say the talent is there but consistency is going to be the issue all year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the real 49ers please stand up?
There's no way they can be as bad as they have looked in these 2 road games after how much they dominated the Vikings in the home opener. I mean the way it looks right now the Vikings should have killed us and Peterson should have run for over 200 yards in the game.

I guess you could say the talent is there but consistency is going to be the issue all year.

It is a game of matchups. Minn is not as good as Pitt and Arizona. The Minn game the 49ers won the LOS and lost the LOS against both Ariz and Pitts. Arizona and Pittsburgh both have a great passing games with experienced QBs which plays against the 49ers weakness right now which is pass defense. The 49ers did a good job against the run against Pittsburgh and got into some favorable third down situations only to have Big Ben kill us. Minn's strength is running with Peterson. Bridgewater is inexperienced and the 49ers took advantage of it.There was an element of surprise there too,

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a game of matchups. Minn is not as good as Pitt and Arizona. The Minn game the 49ers won the LOS and lost the LOS against both Ariz and Pitts. Arizona and Pittsburgh both have a great passing games with experienced QBs which plays against the 49ers weakness right now which is pass defense. The 49ers did a good job against the run against Pittsburgh and got into some favorable third down situations only to have Big Ben kill us. Minn's strength is running with Peterson. Bridgewater is inexperienced and the 49ers took advantage of it.There was an element of surprise there too,

During the height of the Harbaugh era, we were one of the best at dominating the LOS. It's so sad to see how we're playing right now. We are totally justified in blaming the players. Thankfully, we have a draft and free agency to address the problems with our roster. However, what do we do to address inept ownership? Nothing. It all starts at the top. Look at the stability and success of the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, and now the Cards. Right now I have no confidence in the ownership, the front office, or the coaching. I just have to hope that this season is part of Jed's genius plan to field a championship team in the future.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the height of the Harbaugh era, we were one of the best at dominating the LOS.[/B] It's so sad to see how we're playing right now. We are totally justified in blaming the players. Thankfully, we have a draft and free agency to address the problems with our roster. However, what do we do to address inept ownership? Nothing. It all starts at the top. Look at the stability and success of the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, and now the Cards. Right now I have no confidence in the ownership, the front office, or the coaching. I just have to hope that this season is part of Jed's genius plan to field a championship team in the future.

Good point. Especially the Dline. The oline has consistently been a great run blocking line and even the pass blocking was good Harbauigh's first couple of years.