• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: 49ers @ Cardinals

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the height of the Harbaugh era, we were one of the best at dominating the LOS. It's so sad to see how we're playing right now. We are totally justified in blaming the players. Thankfully, we have a draft and free agency to address the problems with our roster. However, what do we do to address inept ownership? Nothing. It all starts at the top. Look at the stability and success of the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, and now the Cards. Right now I have no confidence in the ownership, the front office, or the coaching. I just have to hope that this season is part of Jed's genius plan to field a championship team in the future.

LOL, esp the Patriots and Steelers. They have been good a long time. The Cards over the long term, they probably have been bad more than good. And while they look great now, Palmer is 35 years old and at risk of injury. Not sure about them long-term.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, esp the Patriots and Steelers. They have been good a long time. The Cards over the long term, they probably have been bad more than good. And while they look great now, Palmer is 35 years old and at risk of injury. Not sure about them long-term.

The Cards are in a good place right now with their front office and coaching staff. I agree that Palmer is injury prone. If he were healthy last year, perhaps the Cards win the Super Bowl. Even though I'm not a Cards fan, even I felt sad watching that game against the Panthers last season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards are in a good place right now with their front office and coaching staff. I agree that Palmer is injury prone. If he were healthy last year, perhaps the Cards win the Super Bowl. Even though I'm not a Cards fan, even I felt sad watching that game against the Panthers last season.

I've never disliked the Cards. Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald are class acts. Bruce Arian seems like a very likeable guy. If they win it all this year, I would be happy for them. Historically, they probably been worse much more than good. I don't know who is running the team now. You know their front office better than I do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never disliked the Cards. Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald are class acts. Bruce Arian seems like a very likeable guy. If they win it all this year, I would be happy for them. Historically, they probably been worse much more than good. I don't know who is running the team now. You know their front office better than I do.

LOL. Same with me because there's never been any reason to dislike the Cards, probably because like you said, they haven't had much success in their history. I don't know if I'll be rooting for them to win the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't mind seeing them make a deep run because: (1) they seem to be a decent bunch of guys; and (2) deep runs by division opponents might help us in future seasons.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Tyrann Mathieu's comments after the game that it was easy for the Cards to get interceptions because the Niner passing offense is so vanilla that it is easy to anticipate routes? I guess we need to upgrade our scheme. Let's pay Mike Martz whatever he wants and let him pick whatever players he wants for our offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Tyrann Mathieu's comments after the game that it was easy for the Cards to get interceptions because the Niner passing offense is so vanilla that it is easy to anticipate routes? I guess we need to upgrade our scheme. Let's pay Mike Martz whatever he wants and let him pick whatever players he wants for our offense.
This whole staff sucks and York killed this team. Tomsula needs to go right away. Guy is clueless as a head coach. His answer about Kap made me dislike Tomsual as Head coach(not the man).

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game...something tells me that it was a blessing. I looked at my phone at the end of the 1st quarter and almost power barfed when I saw Kaeps line. The good news is we get Rodgers and the Pack next week...yikes...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF Grades. Kap's grade obvious. Oline stinks it up again.

San Francisco 49ers:
– QB Colin Kaepernick’s (-7.9) experience this week can be found at the far end of the spectrum from Palmer’s, as he balanced the accuracy of his Arizona counterpart with his own series of poor decisions. A pair of early pick-sixes set the stage, and when all was done, the 49er had a streak of red grades marking the right side of his passing map. On six attempts outside the right numbers, Kaepernick completed two and threw four interceptions.
– Rookie DE Arik Armstead (+1.7) picked up his first positively-graded game and added three total pressures to the two he gathered last week. His snap count gradually increasing (up to 18 plays this week); he also logged the first three defensive stops of his young career.
– The interior trio on San Francisco’s O-line collectively had a day to forget. While there wasn’t much damage done in pass protection (a sack, two hits and a hurry was the group’s total allowed), they each graded negatively as run blockers—C Marcus Martin at -4.2, LG Alex Boone at -2.2, and RG Jordan Devey at -1.7—regularly overwhelmed by the Arizona front.

Also from Ninersnation

PFF grades: 49ers offensive line struggles in run blocking, what's next?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF Grades. Kap's grade obvious. Oline stinks it up again.

San Francisco 49ers:
– QB Colin Kaepernick’s (-7.9) experience this week can be found at the far end of the spectrum from Palmer’s, as he balanced the accuracy of his Arizona counterpart with his own series of poor decisions. A pair of early pick-sixes set the stage, and when all was done, the 49er had a streak of red grades marking the right side of his passing map. On six attempts outside the right numbers, Kaepernick completed two and threw four interceptions.
– Rookie DE Arik Armstead (+1.7) picked up his first positively-graded game and added three total pressures to the two he gathered last week. His snap count gradually increasing (up to 18 plays this week); he also logged the first three defensive stops of his young career.
– The interior trio on San Francisco’s O-line collectively had a day to forget. While there wasn’t much damage done in pass protection (a sack, two hits and a hurry was the group’s total allowed), they each graded negatively as run blockers—C Marcus Martin at -4.2, LG Alex Boone at -2.2, and RG Jordan Devey at -1.7—regularly overwhelmed by the Arizona front.

Also from Ninersnation

PFF grades: 49ers offensive line struggles in run blocking, what's next?
Back to back week Armstead has been our best Dlinemen. He needs to start or play a lot more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why our DC should get fired. This happen back to back weeks with no adjustments.

7 of the 8 catches in the 1st Q we had a LB or Safety on Fitz. In no way this should happen.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Im on board to blow up this team. Coaching staff is really bad. Im ok with cutting Kap after this year. Let Boldin walk. Get rid of Bethea and trade brooks and let the Harold play. If this happens we will be about 60 Mill in cap.

This is one of the worst teams I have seen since Singletary and Rye. Tomsula needs to go. After back to back blow outs someone needs to get fired after this game. The staff is so bad that they kept Kap in the game. U have to play Gab. Not saying he is the answer. Im so pissed off at this team. We will go 4-14 and get a top 5 pick and hope AD comes back. we will have a lot of money to spend to help this team

REBUILD MODE starts.
In don't know if the Niners are capable of winning 4 games. You meant 4-12. This team is horrible. At least the Raiders have their QB for the future. They also have a stud receiver in Cooper. Niners might go winless in the division.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In don't know if the Niners are capable of winning 4 games. You meant 4-12. This team is horrible. At least the Raiders have their QB for the future. They also have a stud receiver in Cooper. Niners might go winless in the division.
Raiders might of finally got it right. We are on the down fall. Yes 4-12. My bad. If they get blown out again this week something has to change.

I knew the Oline was going to suck. Coaches and Baalke were the blind ones.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers were expected to lose this game and thats ok if they do. Just show up and try and make this thing competitive. There are alot of things to fix on both sides of the ball.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders might of finally got it right. We are on the down fall. Yes 4-12. My bad. If they get blown out again this week something has to change.

I knew the Oline was going to suck. Coaches and Baalke were the blind ones.

This is freakin' nightmare. Niners needed help on Oline, but chose to ignore it.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting comments. I'm sure we do run a very vanilla offense. Our quarterback is not intelligent enough to do anything complex.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting comments. I'm sure we do run a very vanilla offense. Our quarterback is not intelligent enough to do anything complex.

he just can't see the field, nothing new. no amount of mechanics will fix this, it is an intangible thing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is freakin' nightmare. Niners needed help on Oline, but chose to ignore it.

What should they have done instead? take any draft class you want, any FA you want, what should Baalke have done to address the Oline? But if you cite a FA, you'll have to justify his cap hit too.

Cause i don't think Baalke chose to ignore the O-line. He may have made poor draft choices, but drafting linemen is the opposite of ignoring the line.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers were expected to lose this game and thats ok if they do. Just show up and try and make this thing competitive. There are alot of things to fix on both sides of the ball.

yes, we all knew the first part of the season would be tough. We post it prior to the season, but go ballistic when it happens. Agree, the team has to move on, has to keep adjusting/fixing. Fans 'point fingers all the time, but the team has to stay focused.

That first game win looms even larger now, cause without it even the players would be questioning this Staff.