• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2, Los Angeles Rams @ Indianapolis Colts, Lucas Oil Stadium, Sunday, 09/19/21, 10:00 AM PDT

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford makes things easier for the O-line he moves to a comfortable spot in the pocket almost like its instinct. And the line isn't dog ass tired and beaten because of Goff's indecision.
Stafford is a perfect fit for both player and team. Reminiscent of when Warner took over.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that angled snap is the evidence that suggests the snap may have been deliberate. Deliberate as in a fake punt, WildCat snap that Scott wasn't prepared for either from forgetfulness or focus elsewhere at the time of the snap. Scott's adjustment makes no sense otherwise because he was apparently shifting directly into the path of the snap to take a pre-planned one.

Granted new people are on the STs but it is the coaches job to get everyone on the same page as in, does everyone understand what we are going to do on this punt? If you ain't going to dump that fiasco at the coaches feet than whom are you fixing blame? The players? The players are only as good as the coached system and that falls at the feet of DeCamillis. He is ultimately responsible just as every coach is responsible and ultimately McVay, Vita.
No I get it Retro, ultimately the 'overall performance' is on the ST Cordinator, but IMO not any specific play. Execution is on the players.

The point is, if we did a better job with our RFA signings, we would likely still have McQuaide.

..........Give him Steak, and the Chef will make a Steak Sandwich,,

Give him Shit, and the Chef will make a Shit Sandwich ........

Do we blame the Chef for the Shit Sandwich?

Now I am not saying that Orzech is shit, just that he is raw, and we should expect some growing pains in pressure situations like that one.

Lastly, the game scenario tell us that in no way was this a fake punt gone awry that was called by the STC.

Obviously IMO, the inexperienced LS in a tight situation, just screwed the pooch.

Maybe we just see it differently????

:noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you your points and you may be just as correct as my observations since McVay isn't saying anything. Since McVay has developed a case of mutism, nobody knows what happened except the Rams. The newbie LS could very well have screwed the pooch by effing-up big time and I agree, we have mismanaged our FA's because the Rams let that complete buffoon douchebag Kevin Demoff get his grimy little fingers involved on player contract extensions that are now literally putting a stranglehold on future FAs.

I can see how we miss John Johnson in the secondary and Brockers in the middle and I am quite certain that McQuaide would have handled that punt as he always did. So onward we go with the next ruffling of undies!!

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you your points and you may be just as correct as my observations since McVay isn't saying anything. Since McVay has developed a case of mutism, nobody knows what happened except the Rams. The newbie LS could very well have screwed the pooch by effing-up big time and I agree, we have mismanaged our FA's because the Rams let that complete buffoon douchebag Kevin Demoff get his grimy little fingers involved on player contract extensions that are now literally putting a stranglehold on future FAs.

I can see how we miss John Johnson in the secondary and Brockers in the middle and I am quite certain that McQuaide would have handled that punt as he always did. So onward we go with the next ruffling of undies!!
I don’t think the Rams miss Brockers much at all. He frankly did not do enough considering he had Donald playing next to him all those years.

SJD has looked good and produced when playing next to Donald, as has Gaines in limited action. I think as the season progresses and those guys get more game experience, they will only get better.

I always felt Brockers underachieved. He never got a lot of sacks/pressure, and he wasn’t a run stuffer. So, we wasn’t good at any one thing. Very average even though he was playing next to Donald who commands double/triple teams all the time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what your saying ALR because Brockers and AD were buddies and even though AD carried Brockers most of his career, Brockers sometimes took the pressure off AD to get him one-on-ones more often. I did watch Gaines, A-Rob, and Joseph-Day in the Colts game and all three were the def run stuffers in those two goal line stands that took away two Colts probable TDs early in the game. We are indeed better on the D-Line without Brockers. He is at the end of his career. The only think killing us now is the dead money Brockers ledgers against us. Otherwise he'll be done in a year or two.