• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2, Los Angeles Rams @ Indianapolis Colts, Lucas Oil Stadium, Sunday, 09/19/21, 10:00 AM PDT

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Darrell Henderson ?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Darrell Henderson ?
It's a rib injury, but no word on whether he will return next week, or not.

If he can't go, we have Michelle and Funk to go.

One way or the other, if Henderson is a no go, we need to make room on the roster, and either get someone on the phone, (I like the FA Frank Gore still smallish & available, but a durable Vet capable of getting it done) or calling up either Otis Anderson or Buddy Howell who are now on the practice squad.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a rib injury, but no word on whether he will return next week, or not.

If he can't go, we have Michelle and Funk to go.

One way or the other, if Henderson is a no go, we need to make room on the roster, and either get someone on the phone, (I like the FA Frank Gore still smallish & available, but a durable Vet capable of getting it done) or calling up either Otis Anderson or Buddy Howell who are now on the practice squad.

Not sure if any of these guys have been signed since this was posted but I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing if AP has anything left in the tank if he’s available.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the highlight,
If Kupp missing anytime we are screwed.
Could have very easily lost this game

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Buddy Howell on our PS and he should be called-up. Bigger than most of our RBs and would be a nice compliment to Michel who played pretty well against the Colts in a limited basis.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford has such great adjusting-on-the-fly ability that 13 years of experience will give a guy like him. He also is such a confident pinpoint passer (at any distance) that unless the ball is tipped, he is going to make an adjustment to whomever ends-up open and a completion will occur unless dropped. His progression reading is now exquisite as he has proven in just two games and the O-line blocking along with guys like Higbee and Mundt have turned it up a notch to give Stafford the time he never had in Detroit.

I am seeing so much about this guy that I didn't see in Detroit. A testament to the talent level and the-everybody-is-on-the-same-page (except for the STs) approach that McVay and the coaching staff have apparently worked to near perfection. I think we have found our Brady or something to that effect!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching the O-line and Allen is beginning to play at the level he was drafted for and I may have to eat a large plate of crow if this keeps up! We shall see.

BTW, on the first drive by the Colts, they ran the Jumbo offense a bunch that got them to the 8 yard-line where our D finally figured it out. McVay should take note in the film sessions this week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the miscue with the punt down on our 7-yard line with the score 17-14, Rams-Colts: Nick Scott got his positioning communications screwed-up in his head unless he was thinking Fake Punt and was going to get a WildCat snap. This is hard to believe that was the call because if he was supposed to get that type of a snap, he didn't even get his hands up in time to receive the snap because that ball hit Scott and ricocheted off of Scott, out of there like a reverse shot from a gun.

Also, a fake Punt down that close to our goal line would be way too risky. Something got totally effed-up and McVay isn't talking about it but this new, supposed genius STs coach from the Titans is looking like a super dumbass. Two weeks in-a-row and the STs can't cover KOs yet and then they pull this complete buffoonery.

We are making progress in the other weak areas as our run D stopped two Colt drives for any points and our O running game and the O-line with Michel and Henderson as the tandem picked-it-up from week one. Our LBs with Young and Reeder are playing at a better level especially against the run and they seem to play better when Lawler and Kiser are in there too.

So we are getting there. STs need to get it together this week as Tommy and the Bucs come to town. You give Brady more than a half of a field to start with and it WILL be a LONG afternoon.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His progression reading is now exquisite as he has proven in just two games and the O-line blocking along with guys like Higbee and Mundt have turned it up a notch to give Stafford the time he never had in Detroit.
I really have noticed just how fast Stafford is at moving through his progressions, and evaluating the coverage while doing so.

I suspect he has several expectations from the looks he gets pre-snap and goes from there, but this ability helps him move defenders out of passing lanes and freezing safties. His peripheral vision has to be as good as it gets.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching the O-line and Allen is beginning to play at the level he was drafted for and I may have to eat a large plate of crow if this keeps up!
I think it will...

Not to go on, and on about Stafford, but it is what it is and his feel in the pocket is pretty amazing. I remember one play in particular vs the Colts, where the defender looked to have a pretty good chance at a sack, and Matt ever so slightly steps up in the pocket, and delivers a TD pass while the defender grasps at air.

This pocket awareness will help our O-line's grades improve, however it also appears having another year together that this group is improving as a unit, not only in pass pro, but in the run blocking as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the miscue with the punt down on our 7-yard line with the score 17-14, Rams-Colts: Nick Scott got his positioning communications screwed-up in his head unless he was thinking Fake Punt and was going to get a WildCat snap. This is hard to believe that was the call because if he was supposed to get that type of a snap, he didn't even get his hands up in time to receive the snap because that ball hit Scott and ricocheted off of Scott, out of there like a reverse shot from a gun.

Also, a fake Punt down that close to our goal line would be way to risky. Something got totally effed-up and McVay isn't talking about it but this new, supposed genius STs coach from the Titans is looking like a super dumbass. Two weeks in-a-row and the STs can't cover KOs yet and then they pull this complete buffoonery.
I'm not putting that on our ST Coordinator DiCamillis Retro. I think it has more to do with our cap casuality issues, we have near $40M in dead money.

Dead Money​

NameCap Number
Jared Goff$24,700,000
Todd Gurley$8,400,000
Leonard Floyd$3,333,334
Michael Brockers$2,666,667
Steve Wirtel$100,000
TOTAL$39,574,303

We had to sign a new LS to the Roster, and his name is Matt Orzech. Matt was a UDFA in 2019, and has bounced around the league on 5 different teams since, and also he really has no big time CFB experience either. (McQuaide is now with Fassel in Dallas)

Maybe Scott did shift a bit late IDK, but that long snap angled towards Scott after the shift, and was nowhere in line to go to Hekker, watch it again, and you will see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that angled snap is the evidence that suggests the snap may have been deliberate. Deliberate as in a fake punt, WildCat snap that Scott wasn't prepared for either from forgetfulness or focus elsewhere at the time of the snap. Scott's adjustment makes no sense otherwise because he was apparently shifting directly into the path of the snap to take a pre-planned one.

Granted new people are on the STs but it is the coaches job to get everyone on the same page as in, does everyone understand what we are going to do on this punt? If you ain't going to dump that fiasco at the coaches feet than whom are you fixing blame? The players? The players are only as good as the coached system and that falls at the feet of DeCamillis. He is ultimately responsible just as every coach is responsible and ultimately McVay, Vita.