• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18, The Los Angeles Rams (6) @ Seattle Seahawks (3), Saturday, 01/09/21, 1:40 PM PST

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva win last night, Rams fans. I think you all have the defense capable of going into Lambeau and ending Green Bay's season (lets be honest, the Bears ain't beating the Saints today, lol) I hope Donald is alright and able to wreak havoc next week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, our D is def legit. AD's rib injury was actually sustained back against the Whiners and continues to get reaggravated. I doubt anything of this injury nature will keep AD from playing the rest of the way. We have ample back-up though, but you always want the top stud in there if he can go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent win yesterday as our halftime record remains unbroken. We are now 36-0 when we lead at the half. Even though I trashed Goff, he came through (playing injured no less) when he had to and made some down-the-stretch nice plays. His thumb is still not 100% obviously, but I suspect McVay will go with Goff next game. If he falters, we will see Wolford who will be O.K. after that bitchin' hit.

Cooper Kupp was stellar and what can you say about Cam Akers. The Florida State alum is kicking some serious NFL ass. Since the Captain came back, the O-line stepped-up, although I still think that Blythe needs to be replaced by somebody who doesn't get manhandled often during the game after the season. I watched him get shoved into the pocket yesterday numerous times, the most prevalent occasion was when Goff had one of his first few passes blocked and and when he overthrew Higbee because there were Seattle D-lineman in Goff's face.

We shall see who we play after today and if the Rams take seriously the challenge that McVay levied a while back (the, winning-a-championship-to-keep-pace-with-the-Lakers-and-Dodgers motivator), we could be on our way with this D and the emerging shift to the JUMBO and the run game!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. That is great news Rambunctious. Along with Kupp and AD's injuries, Edwards got another lower extremity injury and at this time of the year, these things start accumulating. Right now we have a growing list of players who are hurt. Most of them are medium to small in severity. WE shall see who heals-up and returns for the Round 2 game.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. That is great news Rambunctious. Along with Kupp and AD's injuries, Edwards got another lower extremity injury and at this time of the year, these things start accumulating. Right now we have a growing list of players who are hurt. Most of them are medium to small in severity. WE shall see who heals-up and returns for the Round 2 game.
I feel like at this point of the season, it’d have to be something very serious to pull a lot of these guys off the field. I’d be shocked if Donald isn’t available next week.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is great when he doesn't turn it over. But he always turns it over. That is the problem. Last week he didn't. Can he do it again is the question. Also for him staying with the RAMS I say RAMS trade for Watson if can. Goff just hasn't stopped turning it over year after year. Should RAMS give more chance ? NO. I'd even trade Wentz for Goff. But the back of my mind I always say he'll turn it around. But Nah

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is great when he doesn't turn it over. But he always turns it over. That is the problem. Last week he didn't. Can he do it again is the question. Also for him staying with the RAMS I say RAMS trade for Watson if can. Goff just hasn't stopped turning it over year after year. Should RAMS give more chance ? NO. I'd even trade Wentz for Goff. But the back of my mind I always say he'll turn it around. But Nah
No, no he wasn't great. Goff was effective, however no where near great, not even good, rather just good enough, but against that emerging Hags defense, that too is a bit of an understatement I guess.

Let's make no mistake. Goff has been great, but it's been when he had Gurley putting up those numbers they all did on offense in 2017 and 2018. Gurley's effort added a special type of play action and threat that defenses had to account for. Goff has been much better with that premier running game and play action than without, and easily anyone can admit even @SJ76.

Sure, the Rams keep the turnovers to zero, and play sound football, J. Goff or any decent QB for the most part can do enough to get the win with that Rams defense pitching in.

Goff has turned it over more than anyone in the last couple of years, but to say that the lack of a running game and Offensive Line support over that same time, hasn't played a part in the results is dishonest if you have a brain.

With the emergence of Cam, and I'd guess a huge dose of Cam, the Packers have no easy task moving on at home to play in the Championship Game.

I hope the Rams give 'em hell, and pushes Rodgers and the Pack to the limit and make a game of it going into the 4th quarter, unless they somehow get that freak win like the Brownie's got last week. (I'll take that everyday to Sunday to get into the NFC Championship)

Enjoy the game boys, Red. I will try to be around if I can....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no he wasn't great. Goff was effective, however no where near great, not even good, rather just good enough, but against that emerging Hags defense, that too is a bit of an understatement I guess.

Let's make no mistake. Goff has been great, but it's been when he had Gurley putting up those numbers they all did on offense in 2017 and 2018. Gurley's effort added a special type of play action and threat that defenses had to account for. Goff has been much better with that premier running game and play action than without, and easily anyone can admit even @SJ76.

Sure, the Rams keep the turnovers to zero, and play sound football, J. Goff or any decent QB for the most part can do enough to get the win with that Rams defense pitching in.

Goff has turned it over more than anyone in the last couple of years, but to say that the lack of a running game and Offensive Line support over that same time, hasn't played a part in the results is dishonest if you have a brain.

With the emergence of Cam, and I'd guess a huge dose of Cam, the Packers have no easy task moving on at home to play in the Championship Game.

I hope the Rams give 'em hell, and pushes Rodgers and the Pack to the limit and make a game of it going into the 4th quarter, unless they somehow get that freak win like the Brownie's got last week. (I'll take that everyday to Sunday to get into the NFC Championship)

Enjoy the game boys, Red. I will try to be around if I can....

Goodness gracious man! Everyone knows #16 is garbage. Not just here either but everywhere. Your novels are not going to convince anyone besides maybe yoself

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness gracious man! Everyone knows #16 is garbage. Not just here either but everywhere. Your novels are not going to convince anyone besides maybe yoself
Garbage NEVER makes the Pro Bowl, or moreso more than once.

You can't expect a Farrari to win at Drag Racing, or a Dragster to win the Fiorano Circut, but you'd get behind the wheel of either if you had the chance!

Let's just both hope Goff has one of his better performances, mistake free, and we move on to the Championship Game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage NEVER makes the Pro Bowl, or moreso more than once.

You can't expect a Farrari to win at Drag Racing, or a Dragster to win the Fiorano Circut, but you'd get behind the wheel of either if you had the chance!

Past is the past man. No idea why. The man is leading the NFL in turnovers since 2017.

and if you don’t think some of those INTs are just baaaaaaad I don’t know what you be watchin mang

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank: pro bowl lol

I want my QB to ball in the playoffs. Which the garbage man has never done

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grass under the other guys QBs feet is always greener. But we will see what the offseason brings.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wank: pro bowl lol

I want my QB to ball in the playoffs. Which the garbage man has never done
So that dude for you is homeboy who knocked himself out after one quarter of playoff football? :lol:

Or maybe that guy for you is Bortles???? :pound:

Again Junkie, maybe you're mistaking me for the guy who traded premium draft stock to trade up for one of those two QB or may you're mistaking me for the guy who signed him early to an early extention deal???.

News flash, that wasn't me, and never was excited about either of those scenarios, but who else you got?

The dude they just signed off the practice squad, Bryce Perkins?

Actually, dudes got some wheels too!

Then again, here's a more balanced analysis...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no part of Watson. The guy is all about himself.

who the hell does he think he is complaining about not being involved in the GM hiring process.

dude gets paid to play football, not make personnel decisions.

how would that attitude play out with the Rams team first attitude? Donald would knock the crap out of him the first time he opened his mouth about such nonsense.

you need more guys like Donald, not a me first QB who thinks he should be running the show.

and that’s not even factoring in the cap hell and draft picks it would take to trade for him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that dude for you is homeboy who knocked himself out after one quarter of playoff football? :lol:

Or maybe that guy for you is Bortles???? :pound:

Again Junkie, maybe you're mistaking me for the guy who traded premium draft stock to trade up for one of those two QB or may you're mistaking me for the guy who signed him early to an early extention deal???.

News flash, that wasn't me, and never was excited about either of those scenarios, but who else you got?

The dude they just signed off the practice squad, Bryce Perkins?

Actually, dudes got some wheels too!

Then again, here's a more balanced analysis...

Oh we are stuck with him.. for now. Wolford doesn’t get hurt he is still starting. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out how to win with this team If you’re a QB. Just have to move the chains and make plays. I hope Goff proves everyone wrong and steps up because 99% of us know he has been holding this team back.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no part of Watson. The guy is all about himself.

who the hell does he think he is complaining about not being involved in the GM hiring process.

dude gets paid to play football, not make personnel decisions.

how would that attitude play out with the Rams team first attitude? Donald would knock the crap out of him the first time he opened his mouth about such nonsense.

you need more guys like Donald, not a me first QB who thinks he should be running the show.

and that’s not even factoring in the cap hell and draft picks it would take to trade for him.

Lol. Houston trades away one of the best WRs in the game, head coach gets fired and the owner is MIA but Watson’s supposed to be happy on a shit team?? He’s as big a winner as they come and clutch as hell too.

:L now he’s got a “me first” bad attitude that’s funny