• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18, The Los Angeles Rams (6) @ Seattle Seahawks (3), Saturday, 01/09/21, 1:40 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad start for the fireplug QB from Wake Forest as he will most likely be the starter come Saturday in Seattle. Wolford is feisty enough to take on playoff football. The bigger issue is the faltering O-line and the failure of this offense to get into the endzone which has now ballooned to 8 quarters. Maybe if Whitworth returns, the O-line will return to its better days but I think that McVay should just go with continuity and not get desperate. Desperation leads to mistakes and TOs which the revived Seattle D will take advantage of in a heartbeat. If our D keeps us in this game we have a chance but if we get behind early, our chances of winning this game will diminish. WE shall see and stay tuned to see how McVay handles this situation.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about the O-Line. Which one will show up? Jekyll or Hyde? Hopefully Akers will be at 100% and if we get the big guy back at guard I give us a good chance at winning this game. With the Defense dominating as they are and Brockers coming back. Yeah we got a good shot at doing damage in the playoffs.
They will write stories about this Rams Defense one day if they can keep them together playing under Staley.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about the O-Line. Which one will show up? Jekyll or Hyde? Hopefully Akers will be at 100% and if we get the big guy back at guard I give us a good chance at winning this game. With the Defense dominating as they are and Brockers coming back. Yeah we got a good shot at doing damage in the playoffs.
They will write stories about this Rams Defense one day if they can keep them together playing under Staley.
I have a feeling if it’s not next season, it’ll be the following season where Staley will get a head coaching position if he keeps this defense top notch. Just hope that they could find someone to keep the ball rolling when he’s gone.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is really concerned over the lack of TDs scored lately by the offense, go back and look at how many TDs Jared Goff scored this year against Seattle in 2 games.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nice SJ76 about the number of TDs Goff threw in Week 10 which was 0 but that is not the real issue here. In Week 10 we got INTO the endzone on offense thrice by running the ball. We played a little of the Jumbo and we scored several running TDs. Since the Jets game, we have not scored a TD on offense either by running or throwing and that is the real issue here, not whether Goff contributed via the pass. WE just have not scored a offensive TD in 8 quarters and that is troubling.

BTW, Goff can't throw very well now with his thumb in lite cast because they opened his hand up to insert screws even though he insists he can. I can guarantee you, he won't be able to throw the ball more than say 10-15 yards with his thumb in its present medical condition.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now looks like 40-44 degrees partly sunny/cloudy. Rain on Friday supposed to move out so it will be chilly and a little windy.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nice SJ76 about the number of TDs Goff threw in Week 10 which was 0 but that is not the real issue here. In Week 10 we got INTO the endzone on offense thrice by running the ball. We played a little of the Jumbo and we scored several running TDs. Since the Jets game, we have not scored a TD on offense either by running or throwing and that is the real issue here, not whether Goff contributed via the pass. WE just have not scored a offensive TD in 8 quarters and that is troubling.

BTW, Goff can't throw very well now with his thumb in lite cast because they opened his hand up to insert screws even though he insists he can. I can guarantee you, he won't be able to throw the ball more than say 10-15 yards with his thumb in its present medical condition.

Goff is the one pulling the trigger. For sure play calling hasn’t been great. But Goff with 4 turnovers against Miami after a bye week? Jets game? Both seattle games Goff had zero TDs. He’s got to take some of that responsibility himself

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed SJ76. At some point, McVay and Goff have to take responsibility and eradicate that nonsense, if they want to be recognized as a genius/winner/champion. McVay and Goff get paid to be efficient, disciplined, and give a great effort each game as well as the rest of the team because the goal is to win and get to the snooperbowl to win it.

You could include the 2019 season with your list. But to Vita's suggestion, complacency is not in the characteristics repertoire of a champion and certainly not preparing to basically take a game off is not there either. This year, we had three games maybe four, that we should have easily won but because of all the lack of preparation, complacency, poor play-calling, and Goff's social habits the night before a game leading to very poor play on the field, got us to this point of facing elimination.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Goff turn overs and the heavy rushing attack teams put on the Rams have gotten into Goff's head but even with JW at QB they couldn't get a TD that is either because of a weak O-Line or bad play calling. Or both. Both the O-Line and McVay have to have a good game on Saturday if we are going to win no matter who is in the game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the latest from the knuckleheads over at Yahoo Sports. WE have a lot of key peeps out going into Saturday. Also, the jets and the Chargers have asked the Rams' permission to interview Staley for their respective vacant HC jobs after the season. I wish we could keep this guy around longer but it increasingly appears that isn't going to be a reality anytime soon.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Goff turn overs and the heavy rushing attack teams put on the Rams have gotten into Goff's head but even with JW at QB they couldn't get a TD that is either because of a weak O-Line or bad play calling. Or both. Both the O-Line and McVay have to have a good game on Saturday if we are going to win no matter who is in the game.

It was also JWs first game ever. Goff has been playing for 5 years

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he would want to stay with McVay for a few years at least. Why go to NY where head coaches go to die? lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down with Wolford at QB for the Seattle game. I don't think Goff will be good to go anyhow.

I would like to see a little Chess match played here with McVay 'Starting' Goff and then bring in Wolford after a series or two unless Goff and company are lighting it up.

It would keep them guessing in Seattle and give Wolford some time to settle down after a series or two ....

Plus give Wolford some current game film to review before taking a snap...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with ya on that strategy, Vita. That would be an excellent game plan. If McVay did stay with Goff, I would hope he would go into Jumbo mode and just ram the ball down their throats with an occasional short pass (no pun intended here). Turn the D loose in the Staley fashion and let AD tee-off on Russell who hates to play AD even twice a year.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he would want to stay with McVay for a few years at least. Why go to NY where head coaches go to die? lol
lol his best bet is to stay away.. That's the curse for having a good defense is the fact other teams can try and poach. As selfish as it sounds i wish there was a clause in some of the coaches contracts that they have to stay 2 seasons before being interviewed. Side note: not every DC will be a good HC -- not saying that will be Staley but for every Mike Vrabel, there's a Matt Petricia. It would be nice to have some consistency at the DC position.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with ya on that strategy, Vita. That would be an excellent game plan. If McVay did stay with Goff, I would hope he would go into Jumbo mode and just ram the ball down their throats with an occasional short pass (no pun intended here). Turn the D loose in the Staley fashion and let AD tee-off on Russell who hates to play AD even twice a year.
I liked how he was doing it in the previous years on offense. With the opening drive or two, mix it up with the run and short routes to the tight ends to get defenses to play up and then start throwing your medium to deep passes to Kupp, Woods or whomever else.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea UVA, before the Rams were discovered back in 2018, McVay's game plans were more variable and he kept defenses guessing even during the game. Somewhere along the way, that got lost. Now McVay has a tendency to go by the shotgun method. That being, just throw things up on the wall and see what sticks. And more often than not, defenses are prepared to match any adjustments McVay makes before or during the game. That is why McVay should really embrace the Jumbo because it takes all the pressure off of him and puts it on the opponent due to its massive variability. It is based in the run but you can adapt it on the fly to go to the pass and you can put in WRs in place of a TE or two because in our case, we have WRs that block like a TE or even an O-lineman.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean McVay on Tuesday gave reporters a timetable of "Saturday at 1:39 (p.m.)" for the decision of starting Jared Goff or John Wolford
:heh:
Way to keep them guessing Coach.