• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 18 Final chance to get in

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Jaguars... Fun team to root for...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most likely get the chargers now that will be interesting.
Agreed. I think it’s too early too soon. Lawrence was meh tonight. I could see that again in their first playoff game. But now Lawrence gets that box of first playoff game checked and with another solid off season and year 2 of the system, they could be involved as a contender as soon as next season. Goes to show you that it doesn’t take long in the NFL to change up that trajectory.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice squad rookie who has been with the team for 2 weeks. Can't blame Dobbs for anything.
Agreed. Guy is what he is and he competed to the best of his ability. He’s been on 3 teams this year for a reason. They really struggled to protect him and the Titans don’t exactly have weapons that can win individual matchups at a rate that you can count on.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice squad rookie who has been with the team for 2 weeks. Can't blame Dobbs for anything.
Sure I can. It was a shitty decision. Just like if they were to throw me out there and say make that throw. When I duck chuck it, you can say how shitty my arm is, and you would be right.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think it’s too early too soon. Lawrence was meh tonight. I could see that again in their first playoff game. But now Lawrence gets that box of first playoff game checked and with another solid off season and year 2 of the system, they could be involved as a contender as soon as next season. Goes to show you that it doesn’t take long in the NFL to change up that trajectory.
Yes agreed will be a tough playoff game although they'll be at home. Chargers probably too strong as their D has gotten better.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kind of how it's supposed to work. Give the bad teams the pick of the best players first and they should be able to be competitive faster. That is only part of the equation, there has to be a lot of buy in and usually a culture change. Add into that mix that sometimes you get it wrong, think Urban Meyer, and it sets you back another couple years, Houston, and eventually you should get some breaks to go your way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed will be a tough playoff game although they'll be at home. Chargers probably too strong as their D has gotten better.
And the Chargers seem to finally be getting healthy (we will see how long that lasts).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of how it's supposed to work. Give the bad teams the pick of the best players first and they should be able to be competitive faster. That is only part of the equation, there has to be a lot of buy in and usually a culture change. Add into that mix that sometimes you get it wrong, think Urban Meyer, and it sets you back another couple years, Houston, and eventually you should get some breaks to go your way.
Yep. I’m a Sixers fan and the pathway for them to put compelling basketball together seemed like forever (was like 4-5 waste seasons). Recently I’ve seen the Eagles go to hell with Andy Reid, Chip Kelly gets them in the playoffs, Chip falls apart and is fired, Pederson wins Super Bowl in year 2, Wentz and Pederson implode and get fired, Sirianni has them in contention for the one seed in the NFC in year 2.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still shocks me to say this Funbags.................

It's our division now.....................................................

You want it. Come and take it.................................................................................

If you can

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're on the subject of drinking, what is a good bourbon or whiskey for under $30/bottle, or $40. It's not that I can't afford more, it's that I'm cheap and it's a principle thing.
Jim Beam Double Oak. It's about $26 and is pretty damn smooth. Not a huge Beam guy, but I bought just to try it and it's become a go to bourbon when I want something that tastes good but is cheap. I'm also partial to Knob Creek, but it's a touch above the $40 mark.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fuck this up today San Angeles... St. Angeles please fuck this up.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Jags and their fans. I am rooting for you guys. You can thank Carson Wentz for the fact that Doug Pederson wound up being fired by Philly. Things were not working out in Philly and as is often the case, the coach got fired before the star player with the big contract. We can all see now who deserved to be fired and who was actually good.

Pederson is the perfect coach to develop Trevor Lawrence. Short of the QB whisperer Andy Reid, I am not sure there is anyone better at that in the NFL today. Pederson relates to players, and they actually like and respect him. People forget that this guy played for Shula, Holmgren, Belichick and Reid as a journeyman NFL QB, that he was in the QB rooms for years with Marino and Favre. He's been around some of the best to ever do it as coaches and QBs and he learned a thing or two.

Lawrence is going to become a top 10 NFL QB, maybe top 5. He certainly has the talent. If they can continue to hit on draft picks Jacksonville might be scary in a couple of years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: I think I am wrong about Dougie playing for Belichick. He played for the Browns but I think a season after BB was coach.