• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 18 Final chance to get in

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've beaten 2 of the other playoff teams :shrug:

Good point... Seahawks 2-4 vs other playoff teams. The 2 teams you beat are 2-6 (Giants) and 1-5 (Chargers) vs other playoff teams.

All 3 of the teams lost to team they will face in playoffs, but Seahawks may have the toughest game of 3 with SF.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wr screen into a pitch is a unique play. not super complex from a scheme stand point, but extremely unique as a play.
I wonder if a playoff appearance had been on the line would they have still attempted that play. In any event it was pretty damn creative and effective to boot.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Purdy somehow transforms into Teen Wolf on game day.
The big test will be how he handles the postseason where things tend to tighten up a bit more...

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big test will be how he handles the postseason where things tend to tighten up a bit more...
True, it'll be Purdy's biggest test yet, but it won't take much to beat Jimmy's playoff stats:

2019, 3 games, averaged 12 of 19 for 142yds, 0.7TDs, 1 INT
2021, 3 games, averaged 14 of 25 for 178yds, 0.7TDs, 1 INT

From what we've seen so far, I'll be shocked if the kid doesn't do better than that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it'll be Purdy's biggest test yet, but it won't take much to beat Jimmy's playoff stats:

2019, 3 games, averaged 12 of 19 for 142yds, 0.7TDs, 1 INT
2021, 3 games, averaged 14 of 25 for 178yds, 0.7TDs, 1 INT

From what we've seen so far, I'll be shocked if the kid doesn't do better than that.
The thing he has in his favor is he's not playing a top 15 defense...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Ultimately, I think this is what determines whether he'll open as the starter next year or not. If Purdy has a good playoff run, I can't see how the Niners allow Lance to be the starter at the beginning of next season. Purdy has taken advantage of his opportunities so far. Will he take advantage of them in the playoffs?

It's very strange to say this about a rookie QB who has only started 5 games, but I'm more confident with Purdy than I was with Jimmy. Purdy passes the eye test for me. Better arm and mobility. He simply goes out there and makes plays. The red zone offense feels twice as productive compared to when Jimmy was running it. Purdy has somehow fully unlocked George Kittle. He is quick thinking and assertive. Of course, the Niners will need a lot of luck to go their way to win in the playoffs, but they've got their best QB at the helm now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Ultimately, I think this is what determines whether he'll open as the starter next year or not. If Purdy has a good playoff run, I can't see how the Niners allow Lance to be the starter at the beginning of next season. Purdy has taken advantage of his opportunities so far. Will he take advantage of them in the playoffs?

It's very strange to say this about a rookie QB who has only started 5 games, but I'm more confident with Purdy than I was with Jimmy. Purdy passes the eye test for me. Better arm and mobility. He simply goes out there and makes plays. The red zone offense feels twice as productive compared to when Jimmy was running it. Purdy has somehow fully unlocked George Kittle. He is quick thinking and assertive. Of course, the Niners will need a lot of luck to go their way to win in the playoffs, but they've got their best QB at the helm now.
On the flip side, Geno has never started in the postseason for him either so i'm curious to see how he responds as well... Wish we were going up against our defense instead of yours... :D ... But that's why you're #2 seed and we're #7...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, Geno has never started in the postseason for him either so i'm curious to see how he responds as well... Wish we were going up against our defense instead of yours... :D ... But that's why you're #2 seed and we're #7...

It's cool to add another chapter to the rivarly so long as the Niners win this time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I firmly believe that Purdy is gonna Tom Brady Trey Lance.
So if this does happen.
What can the Niners get for Lance while he is still young enough on rookie contract & has trade value.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this does happen.
What can the Niners get for Lance while he is still young enough on rookie contract & has trade value.

Tough to say because he virtually has no NFL experience and his college experience does not impress many people. Purdy is like a seasoned NFL vet by comparison. LOL. With the rookie contract, I'm guessing that there are teams out there who are willing to take the gamble. Maybe they'd give the Niners something decent like a couple 2nd round picks, but I'm really just pulling that out of my ass.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say because he virtually has no NFL experience and his college experience does not impress many people. Purdy is like a seasoned NFL vet by comparison. LOL. With the rookie contract, I'm guessing that the there are teams out there who are willing to take the gamble. Maybe they'd give the Niners something decent like a couple 2nd round picks, but I'm really just pulling that out of my ass.
I think the unknown of him is to your advantage, because I think he is gonna fail in the NFL. Thought that when you drafted him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the unknown of him is to your advantage, because I think he is gonna fail in the NFL. Thought that when you drafted him.

Yeah. Maybe trade him now before he proves that he definitely doesn't have what it takes. I was fine with the risk that Lynch and Shanahan took to take Lance. They obviously wanted to move on from Jimmy and they thought that Lance could pan out. Sometimes you just have to go for it. If Purdy keeps playing well and proves to be a competent NFL starting QB who is better than Jimmy, then Shanny and Lynch totally got bailed out by great luck.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe trade him now before he proves that he definitely doesn't have what it takes. I was fine with the risk that Lynch and Shanahan took to take Lance. They obviously wanted to move on from Jimmy and they thought that Lance could pan out. Sometimes you just have to go for it. If Purdy keeps playing well and proves to be a competent NFL starting QB who is better than Jimmy, then Shanny and Lynch totally got bailed out by great luck.
its kinda like the redskins, but only with Mr. Irrelevant.

Took RGIII & a later round QB for a back up, but Kirk Cousins ended up their starter.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Purdy can make more throws down field and outside the numbers than Jimmy and the kid doesn't hesitate. He sees it and let's it fly. Jimmy threw a lot of his "bad picks" because he was afraid at times, imo.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Purdy can make more throws down field and outside the numbers than Jimmy and the kid doesn't hesitate. He sees it and let's it fly. Jimmy threw a lot of his "bad picks" because he was afraid at times, imo.

Yup. Jimmy would often play it safe by throwing it away or taking the sack, thus turning many red zone trips into FGs.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this does happen.
I don't think high. 9ers overpaid

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THATS RIGHT BITCHES, SEATTLE EARNED THE RIGHT TO GO GET THEIR ASSES SLAPPED AROUND BY SAN FRAN NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THATS RIGHT BITCHES, SEATTLE EARNED THE RIGHT TO GO GET THEIR ASSES SLAPPED AROUND BY SAN FRAN NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!
but you are going to the Playoffs with a top 5 pick in the draft.
Not to many teams get to say that.
Image result for lets ride gif