• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Redskins @ Giants

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XmC5OoW.png

Bc85JWk.png

vFrYq5F.png

QyAfT0q.png

mk3dD91.png

LJNE0Os.png

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this weeks crew

AS5dKvr.png

New York Giants Interim Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo

On preparing for the Redskins’ offense and QB Kirk Cousins:

“He’s a headache. I say that as a compliment. Kirk’s a terrific quarterback. I was just talking about him here with one of our people in the building and what makes it so difficult is not only is he talented, but he can get his offense in and out of a bad play and what happens then is that, you know, that’s a quarterback that has the last say on a down. We make a call, he sees it, he can get out of something and get his team in a good play and he’s done that to us a lot. I thought he had a really good game against us last time we played him and we’ve just got to try to find a way to make that not happen again.”

On if the Redskins’ injuries at running back make them difficult to prepare for:

“In some ways, yes, but not really. We defend the scheme and I think that Jay [Gruden] does a great job in scheming, in developing schemed runs. And by that I mean, I’m sure he’ll look at our defense and attack what he sees as a weakness. And I think he’s got good enough quality backs to do that. If I go back to the last game we played… Am I saying it right when I say Perine? I wanted to make sure I pronounced it right. I was really impressed with him. Now I thought we did a good job in the first half but they found ways to hit the ball north and south in the second half and kind of caught us for a few runs – it was like four in a row or four in a series that really hurt us and got a drive going, I think resulting in a score. We have a great deal of respect for their run game. We know that they’ve faced some injuries. I am impressed with the [Kapri] Bibbs kid, coming in on third down, the way he catches the ball, I think he’s pretty nifty and can make you miss. We’ve got to be concerned about that. And anytime you have a quality tight end and a number of quality wideouts, but a guy like [Jamison] Crowder, I think it can get very taxing for us as far as what we’re going to call, who we’re going to double and what we’re going to do. Those guys are real weapons.”

On the situation with S Landon Collins and CB Eli Apple:

“The three of us had a great conversation this morning and it was productive and we’re moving on. That’s really about where it’s at and I feel very comfortable about it.”

On if his time as interim head coach is like an “audition” to become an NFL head coach:

“You know, that question has been asked before. I’ll be honest with you, I don’t… I’m not trying to impress anybody, I’m not trying to politic, I’m not trying to audition. What I’m trying to do is coach a football team, win a game. I take it week by week, that’s what I’ve learned in this business. I’ve worked for some great coaches in Tom Coughlin and Andy Reid and that’s how they operated. They let the rest of it take care of itself, and quite honestly, I’m a man of faith, and I’m just leaving the rest of what happens after this season in God’s hands.”

On if he thinks he would feel differently if he did not have previous head coaching experience:

“You’re probably right. I haven’t thought about that, but you’re probably right. I mean, the experience of having been a head coach for three years and, you know, your eyes are open to more, you’ve kind of done it before – some of the ebbs and flows during the week of a head coach and what you have to be available for and to. I always used to. And all of that’s been a blessing. I’m honored to be talking to you on the phone and be the head coach of the New York Giants right now going into the 16th game. I’d feel a lot better if we could’ve found a couple of wins in these past weeks but the goal doesn’t change. We’re just chasing that feeling of being in the locker room at the end of the game, an NFL game, and enjoying each other.”

On if he’s given any consideration to starting QB Davis Webb this week:

“No, we’re not going to start Davis Webb. He will be the two. I just talked to our press about that. Eli Manning is our starting quarterback and he will be. We will go into this game and try to win the game with Eli Manning.”

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for the players and coaches, NY will want to not be swept by our guys, while our guys will be looking to finalize the season on a 3 game winning streak.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok avg or bust go skins get to avg !!!!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaavvvvvvvvvgggggg LETS DO THIS !!!!!! AWWWWWWWW

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just gave up a 80 yard run lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
run defense in top form

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xtra point blocked

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to block that LBer if you want the play to work.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too much pressure , bad throw

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the type of game where our guys are in a hurry to get back home. I know that it's cold but, Damn!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice coverage Fuller