• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 MVP

Who was the GOAT this week?

• Chase

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Burrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brady

• Wilson

• Watt

• Harris

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Singletary

• Foreman

• Miller

• Murray

• Jordan

• Gardner-Johnson

• Penny

• Metcalf

• Reed

• Adams

• Gibson

• Other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one more week left.

Joe Burrow (Bengals) - 446 passing yards, 4 TDs
Ja'Marr Chase (Bengals) - 266 receiving yards, 3 TDs
Devin Singletary (Bills) - 110 rushing yards, 2 TDs
Tom Brady (Patriots) - 410 passing yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
D'Onta Foreman (Titans) - 132 rushing yards, 1 TD
Von Miller (Rams) - 2 sacks, 2 hits on quarterbacks
Kyler Murray (Cardinals) - 263 passing yards, 44 rushing yards, 2 TDs
Cameron Jordan (Saints) - 3.5 sacks, 3 hits on quarterback
C.J Gardner-Johnson (Saints) - 1 sack, 1 pass deflection, 1 INT, and 2 hits on quarterback
Russell Wilson (Seahawks) - 236 passing yards, 24 rushing yards, 4 TDs
Rashaad Penny (Seahawks) - 170 rushing yards, 2 TDs
DK Metcalf (Seahawks) - 63 receiving yards, 3 TDs
D.J Reed (Seahawks) - 2 INTs, 3 pass deflections.
Davante Adams (Packers) - 136 receiving yards, 1 TDs
Najee Harris (Steelers) - 188 rushing yards, 2 TDs
TJ Watt (Steelers) - 4 sacks, 2 pass deflections, 5 hits on quarterback
Trevis Gibson (Bears) - 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 hit on quarterback

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja'Marr Chase for me. Almost a no brainer but Najee Harris a great game as well. Week of fantastic rookie performances by both. Burrow and Watt H.M.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase, although it's pretty crazy that he went off and the Chiefs still probably could've won that game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Harris secures a Fantasy Championship for you, you vote for him all day long and twice on Tuesday. :suds:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase. It's not even close. Others had a nice game, but nothing overly special. What Chase did on Sunday was otherwordly.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase. It's not even close. Others had a nice game, but nothing overly special. What Chase did on Sunday was otherwordly.

Went with Chase as well...

But disagree with "nothing overly special" for other candidates... Burrow, Brady, Harris and Watt all had great games as well... what more do you need?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Chase as well...

But disagree with "nothing overly special" for other candidates... Burrow, Brady, Harris and Watt all had great games as well... what more do you need?
They all had great games, but Chase broke records...I mean, we've seen guys rush for 180 yards before - we've seen guys throw for 400, but when is the last time a WR went for 260?

He broke the rookie record, and is now 15th in all time receiving for a single game - Harris, while really good game, didn't even crack 200 and we had TWO RB's crack the 250 rushing mark this year alone (Henry and Taylor).

Burrow and Brady are in the same boat - Burrow set records last week and finished with the 4th most passing yards ever in a game - 525 - but at 440/410 Burrow/Brady didn't do anything we've not really seen much recently. Great games, for sure, but if we are separating the great from the exceptional - this week anyway - Chase is untouchable, IMO.

It's not that the others didn't have really good games, is that Chase's stat-line was absurd.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all had great games, but Chase broke records...I mean, we've seen guys rush for 180 yards before - we've seen guys throw for 400, but when is the last time a WR went for 260?

He broke the rookie record, and is now 15th in all time receiving for a single game - Harris, while really good game, didn't even crack 200 and we had TWO RB's crack the 250 rushing mark this year alone (Henry and Taylor).

Burrow and Brady are in the same boat - Burrow set records last week and finished with the 4th most passing yards ever in a game - 525 - but at 440/410 Burrow/Brady didn't do anything we've not really seen much recently. Great games, for sure, but if we are separating the great from the exceptional - this week anyway - Chase is untouchable, IMO.

It's not that the others didn't have really good games, is that Chase's stat-line was absurd.

Burrows 525 yards is #4 all time for single game passing yards... only 2 yards shy of being tied for #2.. I would also put that in the exceptional category.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrows 525 yards is #4 all time for single game passing yards... only 2 yards shy of being tied for #2.. I would also put that in the exceptional category.
That was last week.

Which I voted for him for.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a good argument that Chase's stat line is because the Chiefs had to focus on the other Bengals WRs, too. The Spags formula of 'get pressure and hope Burrow dumps it off' thing didn't work at all and a lot of that actually is Burrow.

Chiefs D should have played the Bengals the same way the Bengals were playing the Chiefs. Hopefully they learn for the next time we play whether its in the playoffs or next year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good argument that Chase's stat line is because the Chiefs had to focus on the other Bengals WRs, too. The Spags formula of 'get pressure and hope Burrow dumps it off' thing didn't work at all and a lot of that actually is Burrow.

Chiefs D should have played the Bengals the same way the Bengals were playing the Chiefs. Hopefully they learn for the next time we play whether its in the playoffs or next year.
Agreed, but still - you have to put up the stats - if it were that easy, everyone would do it, right?

I think the issue is multi-fold with this game, and with the Bengals - Right now, teams don't try and pressure Mahomes as much to keep him in the pocket where he's "less" effective (please notice the ""). When he's pressured, he scrambles and that's where big plays usually happen. The Bengals were going to live with giving up the rushing yards to make KC drive the field instead of killing them with big chunk plays - which worked once the Bengals offense was able to stay on the field for more than 3 plays.

With the Bengals, I think they are best when Burrow has a clean pocket, but with the OL the way it is, you have to bring pressure - problem is, Burrow is also really good at his pre-snap reads and getting the ball out. Certainly having 3 WR's, and a capable TE, help off-set that, but the larger issue with Burrow is - if you give him time, he'll kill you. If you pressure him, he'll kill you. The only hope you have, IMO, is like Denver - have a very good front 4 rush and drop 7 where you play a mix of man/zone to take away the deep/medium and force the quick check-downs. Problem is, not every team has the ability to just rush 4 and drop 7 as much as Denver does with their secondary as well. I think Cleveland also did this very well the 1st matchup.

For Cincinnati, it will always come down to the OL - they are bad, but Burrow makes the best of it, but there are stretches where that line just gives up too much too soon - and I think that is what KC was banking on; however, after seeing the end of the 1st half, and start of the 2nd half...KC should have adjusted. Although, there isn't much you can do about Chase's first TD - he caught it, made a move, and flat out ran by everyone on defense. The other long TD was Burrow reading the defense just right - where KC plays the trap with the CB trapping the QB into throwing the quick out to the inside WR, but the outside DB undercuts by leaving the outside WR early...Burrow saw it, and hit Chase in stride - the Safety never had a chance to get over to help cover.

The others were well played, but Chase just made the play each time - in fact, if Burrow puts the ball out there further on that 3rd and 26, it's likely a TD - #35 just wasn't able to knock Chase off his routes, and couldn't compete with this speed, or at the high point physically. But, like you said - you double him and Higgins goes off. You take away him, and Boyd will eat you up. It's a nice problem to have.

It was a great game (Well, maybe not great if you lose) but I look forward to more solid matchups. Of course, I am a huge TK fan being from Cincinnati and being a UC fan...him scoring and throwing up the "UC" sign is my favorite.

Good health for the playoffs!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but still - you have to put up the stats - if it were that easy, everyone would do it, right?

I think the issue is multi-fold with this game, and with the Bengals - Right now, teams don't try and pressure Mahomes as much to keep him in the pocket where he's "less" effective (please notice the ""). When he's pressured, he scrambles and that's where big plays usually happen. The Bengals were going to live with giving up the rushing yards to make KC drive the field instead of killing them with big chunk plays - which worked once the Bengals offense was able to stay on the field for more than 3 plays.

With the Bengals, I think they are best when Burrow has a clean pocket, but with the OL the way it is, you have to bring pressure - problem is, Burrow is also really good at his pre-snap reads and getting the ball out. Certainly having 3 WR's, and a capable TE, help off-set that, but the larger issue with Burrow is - if you give him time, he'll kill you. If you pressure him, he'll kill you. The only hope you have, IMO, is like Denver - have a very good front 4 rush and drop 7 where you play a mix of man/zone to take away the deep/medium and force the quick check-downs. Problem is, not every team has the ability to just rush 4 and drop 7 as much as Denver does with their secondary as well. I think Cleveland also did this very well the 1st matchup.

For Cincinnati, it will always come down to the OL - they are bad, but Burrow makes the best of it, but there are stretches where that line just gives up too much too soon - and I think that is what KC was banking on; however, after seeing the end of the 1st half, and start of the 2nd half...KC should have adjusted. Although, there isn't much you can do about Chase's first TD - he caught it, made a move, and flat out ran by everyone on defense. The other long TD was Burrow reading the defense just right - where KC plays the trap with the CB trapping the QB into throwing the quick out to the inside WR, but the outside DB undercuts by leaving the outside WR early...Burrow saw it, and hit Chase in stride - the Safety never had a chance to get over to help cover.

The others were well played, but Chase just made the play each time - in fact, if Burrow puts the ball out there further on that 3rd and 26, it's likely a TD - #35 just wasn't able to knock Chase off his routes, and couldn't compete with this speed, or at the high point physically. But, like you said - you double him and Higgins goes off. You take away him, and Boyd will eat you up. It's a nice problem to have.

It was a great game (Well, maybe not great if you lose) but I look forward to more solid matchups. Of course, I am a huge TK fan being from Cincinnati and being a UC fan...him scoring and throwing up the "UC" sign is my favorite.

Good health for the playoffs!
Yeah, thats my read on playing against Burrow. Have your dline beat the Bengals oline without blitzing. Safety over the top so Chase doesn't beat you deep. Bend and then make the Bengals execute in the red zone.

The problem with Spags blitzing and playing man on the outside is that Burrow plays the Ravens twice a year. He sees that a lot and he was able to move around against the Ravens very well the previous week.

One of the Chase TDs was Sorenson late to get over the top. I think the Bills ran the same play against him earlier this season IIRC. Dirty Dan is ass and I dont know why he still sees the field and the good pass offenses find him and get free points.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats my read on playing against Burrow. Have your dline beat the Bengals oline without blitzing. Safety over the top so Chase doesn't beat you deep. Bend and then make the Bengals execute in the red zone.

The problem with Spags blitzing and playing man on the outside is that Burrow plays the Ravens twice a year. He sees that a lot and he was able to move around against the Ravens very well the previous week.

One of the Chase TDs was Sorenson late to get over the top. I think the Bills ran the same play against him earlier this season IIRC. Dirty Dan is ass and I dont know why he still sees the field and the good pass offenses find him and get free points.
Yep. The OL is exactly why they struggle in the RZ - they can't hold up long enough for WR's to run more complex routes, or open enough holes with more guys in the box...outside of the RZ, WR's are able to get open more freely with more space...once that space is condensed...they struggle.

Yeah, when you play the Trap zone like that, your safety has to immediately move to the outside WR - dude got caught looking at the inside WR expecting the out-route - but that's not his job.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase for breaking the rookie record for rec yds in a game. Kids a stud.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renfroe from the Raiders killed the Colts in that game...stats might not be great, but he made some real key plays..that stated, it has to be Chase