• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trying to WIN work League - Need Advice

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My league work draft is next Tuesday.

12 Team league - I do NOT know what my pick is yet obviously but I want to WIN this league... SO any help is greatly appreciated!

H2H Points League
Scoring

Passing
Passing Yards (PY)
TD Pass (PTD)
40+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD40)
50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50)
Interceptions Thrown (INT)
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC)

Rushing
Rushing Yards (RY)
TD Rush (RTD)
40+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD40)
50+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD50)
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR)

Receiving
Receiving Yards (REY)
Each reception (REC)
TD Reception (RETD)
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE)

Kicking
Each PAT Made (PAT)
Total FG Missed (FGM)
FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0)
FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40)
FG Made (50-59 yards) (FG50)
FG Made (60+ yards) (FG60)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically who should I pick first? Do I go QB? RB? WR?

Obviously it all depends upon where I am in the draft and who picks before me but which position should I target with my first pick?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wr, wr, wr...
targets are huge

I am playing with a guy who researches the hell out of things so I might be a little screwed

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the QB in a league you're getting in has less value. WR and RB who catch passes is the path first 4 or 5 rounds
Excellent. Let's see how this goes. Wish the draft was tonight but it's next Tuesday

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously it all depends upon where I am in the draft and who picks before me but which position should I target with my first pick?

What is your starting lineup format (how many RB/WR/FLEX positions do you start)? How many bench spots?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your starting lineup format (how many RB/WR/FLEX positions do you start)? How many bench spots?
QB
2 - RB
2 - WR
TE
Flex
D
K

Bench:

7 on bench

1 IR

HOWEVER

4 MAX - WR
3 MAX - RB

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
2 - RB
2 - WR
TE
Flex
D
K

Bench:

7 on bench

1 IR

Since you can only start up to 3 WR, I would target a RB with at least 1 of your top 2 picks. Getting a true workhorse RB gets really hard later if you go WR heavy early. If you're picking in the latter half of the first round, I'd consider Kelce too (he's a tier above all the other TEs). WR depth is stronger than RB and TE IMO, so you can continue to get great value throughout the first 7 or 8 rounds.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you can only start up to 3 WR, I would target a RB with at least 1 of your top 2 picks. Getting a true workhorse RB gets really hard later if you go WR heavy early. If you're picking in the latter half of the first round, I'd consider Kelce too (he's a tier above all the other TEs). WR depth is stronger than RB and TE IMO, so you can continue to get great value throughout the first 7 or 8 rounds.

Greatly appreciate your input. Makes a lot of sense

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a very important piece in determining who to take... You could go up to 3 different positions depending on where you draft in a 12 team league... When you look up the different tiers for each position in Fantasy draft kits, etc, that can help you a lot for you take... For example, if I'm picks 1-4; i'm most certainly going RB in your case... If you're picking 5-9, I could see going WR because you can get a tier 2 RB with your pick in the 2nd round assuming you have a snake draft... Picks 11 & 12 w/ your scoring format, Patrick Mahomes could be an option then you could take the best RB/WR available with your 2nd round pick a few picks later... Then possibly grab Kelce w/ your 3rd if he's available... I personally don't like taking QB's till rounds 5+ though since that position seems to be so deep these days... I usually will get 2 RB's, 2 WR's and stud TE before taking the QB...

Everyone obviously has their own philosophy though... Again, it's where you pick that will make the difference...

For example, in my draft tomorrow, I have the #1 overall pick... I absolutely hate that spot because I don't get to draft another player till the last pick of the 2nd round (23 picks later)... I don't view anyone as a must have with the #1 overall like it used to be when guys like Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk were locks at #1... They were also very durable... I'm hesitant on picking C. McCaffery w/ my #1 overall pick due to his injury history... I like selecting guys in the 1st round that are dependable and durable because that's my #1 pick that I'll be building my team around... The PPR in my league make it very hard to pass up though... Jonathon Taylor would have been my pick but hes not in camp and is seeking a trade...

... and always draft a kicker towards the end of the draft...

Just my two cents

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very important piece in determining who to take... You could go up to 3 different positions depending on where you draft in a 12 team league... When you look up the different tiers for each position in Fantasy draft kits, etc, that can help you a lot for you take... For example, if I'm picks 1-4; i'm most certainly going RB in your case... If you're picking 5-9, I could see going WR because you can get a tier 2 RB with your pick in the 2nd round assuming you have a snake draft... Picks 11 & 12 w/ your scoring format, Patrick Mahomes could be an option then you could take the best RB/WR available with your 2nd round pick a few picks later... Then possibly grab Kelce w/ your 3rd if he's available... I personally don't like taking QB's till rounds 5+ though since that position seems to be so deep these days... I usually will get 2 RB's, 2 WR's and stud TE before taking the QB...

Everyone obviously has their own philosophy though... Again, it's where you pick that will make the difference...

For example, in my draft tomorrow, I have the #1 overall pick... I absolutely hate that spot because I don't get to draft another player till the last pick of the 2nd round (23 picks later)... I don't view anyone as a must have with the #1 overall like it used to be when guys like Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk were locks at #1... They were also very durable... I'm hesitant on picking C. McCaffery w/ my #1 overall pick due to his injury history... I like selecting guys in the 1st round that are dependable and durable because that's my #1 pick that I'll be building my team around... The PPR in my league make it very hard to pass up though... Jonathon Taylor would have been my pick but hes not in camp and is seeking a trade...

... and always draft a kicker towards the end of the draft...

Just my two cents

Are you going Jefferson at #1 then, or sticking to RB (McCaffrey)? Jefferson has such a high floor, seems like the safe pick. It's a long wait until #24 though.

I have pick #4 in my 10 teamer, expecting Jeff/Chase/McCaffrey to be off the board. Don't like that spot either...leaning towards reaching a little for Bijan over Hill/Kupp/Ekeler. Ekeler's age worries me a bit. Kupp is coming off an injury (and the Rams look bad) and Hill is tied to Tua's health, which I'm not overly confident in.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going Jefferson at #1 then, or sticking to RB (McCaffrey)? Jefferson has such a high floor, seems like the safe pick. It's a long wait until #24 though.

I have pick #4 in my 10 teamer, expecting Jeff/Chase/McCaffrey to be off the board. Don't like that spot either...leaning towards reaching a little for Bijan over Hill/Kupp/Ekeler. Ekeler's age worries me a bit. Kupp is coming off an injury (and the Rams look bad) and Hill is tied to Tua's health, which I'm not overly confident in.
Yeah, I was thinking of going Jefferson to be honest... High rate of targets... I've always been good at finding RB's later that are productive... It's not uncommon for me to go stud WR back to back in 1st and 2nd round... I feel like WR's can carry you more than RB's can this day and age... I have the same concerns with Hill/Kupp/Ekeler... I like Bijan a lot... I would definitely consider him there...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe overall but ESPN isn't making it clear on that

That would make for a very deep pool of free agents after the draft. In that case, I'd lean even more to taking RB early.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make for a very deep pool of free agents after the draft. In that case, I'd lean even more to taking RB early.

Though I am not sure since they gave us 7 bench players and 1 IR

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
2 - RB
2 - WR
TE
Flex
D
K

Bench:

7 on bench

1 IR

HOWEVER

4 MAX - WR
3 MAX - RB
Go RB hard and don't look back.

The max positions is stupid imo. 3 max RB's is not a lot.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
full point for receptions makes me think otherwise.

like in the real game, injuries will have a huge say.

a max for either position seems fucked to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go RB hard and don't look back.

The max positions is stupid imo. 3 max RB's is not a lot.

Max positions are necessary in bigger leagues (like my 16 team league), but not at WR and RB. QB gets troublesome without limits in that league.