• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17--curse ends, streak continues

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. At the beginning of the season, we looked like a high school team trotting out the field goal kicker. It was anyone's guess if we would make it or not.

I keep saying I'd rather the Lions play indoor on turf than outdoor on grass -- In reality, I'd rather they just play at home with the crowd behind them. Can you imagine how loud Ford Field would be for a playoff game? It would be absolutely deafening.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to sound like it was a gimme if we had to play Dallas. No game in the playoffs will be gimme. I just feel as if we match up well with Dallas. That doesn't guarantee anything though.

I was replying to Coach Ed about the Panthers. I agree that we match up better w Dallas.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit stacks up better against Dallas. Dallas's strength is their run game. Detroit's run defense is no joke and if Romo has to pass to win their is the meltdown factor that is always just waiting to happen.

Detroit has played Dallas tough the last few times they met so I would much rather have to go to Dallas than Seattle or Green Bay.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a great defense you can win anywhere. Obviously we would all prefer to play at home but if the boys can't make it happen this weekend, Dallas, Atlanta, Carolina, I don't think it really matters. All would be tough games that we could and maybe even should win.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a possible scenario of the Lions playing the Falcons in Atlanta if they don't win tomorrow. I would prefer that over the Cowboys or Panthers.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already got smoked @ Carolina

That was a long time ago...and don't mean shit. We completely shut them down for 3 quarters and had a 7-6 lead late in that game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a possible scenario of the Lions playing the Falcons in Atlanta if they don't win tomorrow. I would prefer that over the Cowboys or Panthers.

Pretty sure I heard last night that the only scenario should the Lions lose today is next week @ Dallas.

That was a long time ago...and don't mean shit. We completely shut them down for 3 quarters and had a 7-6 lead late in that game.

Disagree. Lions looked like crap that game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree it was a long time ago. Over the course of the season -- Detroit has shown they struggle mightily on the road. We put up 7 points against Carolina. 9 points against New England. 6 points against Arizona. The most we have scored on a road game is 24 against the Jets. The others are 20, 22, and 17 against Chicago, Atlanta and Minnesota.

As someone said earlier -- we had no kicker in this game, so it could have been an entirely different ballgame if we hadn't missed multiple FG tries.

Carolina is playing with some confidence right now. Their defense seems to be playing much better on their 3 game win streak, which included a 41-10 win on the road against NO. The Panthers offense doesn't scare me at all. I'd rather face Carolina's offense than anyone else's. I just have faith in the Lions defense limiting the Cowboys and our offense being able to put up points on their defense. If we play Carolina -- I have a feeling it will be one of those 13-10 games or something like that, where it is a coinflip on who wins in the end.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I heard last night that the only scenario should the Lions lose today is next week @ Dallas.

If Seattle and Arizona both lose, we play in Seattle

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thouoght it was funny that you could not say the Packers would win, but he can say we beat someone. :noidea: seemed rather odd to me.

He's a winner with a winning attitude and you are a loser with a losing (and turns out, the correct) attitude. That's the difference.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a winner with a winning attitude and you are a loser with a losing (and turns out, the correct) attitude. That's the difference.
A losing attitude is correct? lol But seriously...if you have no belief in yourself, or in this case your team, why even bother to watch? If you know they are going to lose than why waste your time?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A losing attitude is correct? lol But seriously...if you have no belief in yourself, or in this case your team, why even bother to watch? If you know they are going to lose than why waste your time?

Nah, I picked the Lions and cheered for the Lions. I also knew a perfect game or hell of a lot better than what they showed today would be needed to win. I just realize they prolly would not do that before you is all.

Did that winning attitude change the outcome for you today?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly feel they would win many games. Was I not supposed to watch those either?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of us wanted the lions to win and were rooting for them to ed. Some of us though live in the real world. Don't get mad at us because you were wrong.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must bandwagon huh? Because there have been way more games in lions history where we knew they were going to lose than win, by your logic you only watch games you know they will win. Anyhow instead of making yourself look worse just admit you weren't right, I would have if the lions won, and I would have been just as pumped as you if they had won. It doesn't make someone any less of a fan for being rational instead of emotional with their assessment.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must bandwagon huh? Because there have been way more games in lions history where we knew they were going to lose than win, by your logic you only watch games you know they will win. Anyhow instead of making yourself look worse just admit you weren't right, I would have if the lions won, and I would have been just as pumped as you if they had won. It doesn't make someone any less of a fan for being rational instead of emotional with their assessment.

:10: Would stop many whiner sessions here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make someone any less of a fan for being rational instead of emotional with their assessment

This may be the most intelligent statement made on this site that didn't come out of my mouth.:suds: