• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17--curse ends, streak continues

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1991 was such a long time ago. When Schwartz took over there were plenty of monkeys on the backs of the Lions. The 0-16, the road losing streak, the playoff drought etc. One by one these streaks have all ended. Now looming is the Lambeau curse and heck the playoff win curse. I say they both end this year! The Lions, rather pretty or not are hot right now. A 4 game winning streak heading into Sunday. I believe they will be 12-4. Get the bye. And with a little luck, get the #1 seed. Can you imagine, home field throughout the playoffs? I'll settle for Ford field's first playoff game.

I think we have the defense to shut them down on any field. Why? Because we can take away the run with our front 7. We can pressure Rodgers with our front 4...and they must bracket Jordy and take him out of the gameplan. Make the other Packers receivers beat us..because aside from Cobb, the others arent great. Oh and be sure to get to Rodgers early and smash him hard.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on what we need to do. I do think Adams is good though, but he is hurt too. It is still a longshot that we go into Lambeau and beat them. It would be for any team. Like going into Gillette. Maybe a 10% chance of winning for anyone.

Hope you are right though.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion...I hope I'm right too. People are saying it's impossible...or talking like it's impossible. The past is the past. It won't be easy but we can do it. I think the fact we are already in is an advantage for us...they can pin their ears back, play loose and have fun. There is much at stake though don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna be a Debbie Downer..win baby win

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of this story line...Lions season ends with epic 8 game winning streak.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion...I hope I'm right too. People are saying it's impossible...or talking like it's impossible. The past is the past. It won't be easy but we can do it. I think the fact we are already in is an advantage for us...they can pin their ears back, play loose and have fun. There is much at stake though don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna be a Debbie Downer..win baby win

I said the same thing about a week ago on another thread. So did others. The pressure is off. They have so much more to gain than lose that is for sure because even if we lose they are pretty sure they can go into Dallas and beat them there as Dallas doesn't have a winning record at home.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can win there but we must get a early lead. To me, the game comes down to who grabs the momentum early. If the Lions let them score right away, I see trouble. If we score before them, we will gain the confidence needed to win it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing about a week ago on another thread. So did others. The pressure is off. They have so much more to gain than lose that is for sure because even if we lose they are pretty sure they can go into Dallas and beat them there as Dallas doesn't have a winning record at home.

There will still be pressure to win this game thus being the Division Champs and a first round bye. Additionally, the Cowboys just put a smack down on a pretty good Colts team at home so not sure going there to play them would be all that easy.

I have my popcorn ready!!! Win, lose or draw, it will be great theater.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell had a great point on an interview today....

The game against the Packers is not the end all game for the Lions. They can't get to emotionally high or low no matter what the outcome is. You win et the bye and a home game only to lose you accomplished nothing.

Likewise lose and still go out and win next week your still playing and the season goes on.

I would like to see the Lions slow the game down and keep AR under pressure. If they do that they have a chance.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, the Cowboys just put a smack down on a pretty good Colts team at home so not sure going there to play them would be all that easy.

Someone told me Indy benched most of their regulars for that game. I didn't get to watch it, but putting up 35 or 42 or whatever it was is still impressive in the NFL.

I think Detroit matches up very well with Dallas though, so I wouldn't be overly concerned if we had to go to Dallas to play. Any game in the playoffs is going to be tough, so how you match up is just as important, IMO. Dallas loves running the ball -- Detroit loves stopping the run. Would be a great game to watch if Detroit ended up there.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone told me Indy benched most of their regulars for that game. I didn't get to watch it, but putting up 35 or 42 or whatever it was is still impressive in the NFL.

I think Detroit matches up very well with Dallas though, so I wouldn't be overly concerned if we had to go to Dallas to play. Any game in the playoffs is going to be tough, so how you match up is just as important, IMO. Dallas loves running the ball -- Detroit loves stopping the run. Would be a great game to watch if Detroit ended up there.

Hilton and Wayne were both out I believe. Their defense was never anything special especially against the run so it does not surprise me Dallas put up 40 points. The Boys are peaking at the right time though. That's how championships are won.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilton and Wayne were both out I believe. Their defense was never anything special especially against the run so it does not surprise me Dallas put up 40 points. The Boys are peaking at the right time though. That's how championships are won.

From the looks of it -- it wasn't the running game that won it for Dallas. Murray only had 58 yards on 22 carries. Not sure if this was a misprint or not, but it said Indy went for a fake punt from their own 11 yard line? Said it was a perfect throw and the guy just dropped it (so I'm guessing it wasn't a short yardage situation if they were throwing the ball).

Now I wish I would have watched the game, as we are either going to have a bye or it sounds like we are going to Dallas.

I still like our chances if we have to go to Dallas. We'd be facing the OC we fired against a team who loves to run the ball. They have a defense that has trouble defending the pass and we are a team who likes to throw. I think they are probably one of the best matchups for us.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The good news for detroit is dallas plays much better on the road than at home strangely enough. Anyhow they have quite the three headed monster with qb, wr and rb. Defense is not too shabby either. I would rather see them play dallas than seattle or GB.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see them play dallas than seattle or GB.

Absolutely. On the road at Seattle or Green Bay are the last two spots I want to see the Lions going. Those have to be the two toughest places to win a road game in the NFL, along with Foxboro.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the Cowboys play several times this year. That game is no gimme. They are playing lights out right now. They are a scary team in the playoffs. Their D isnt the greatest, but has been playing well. And that offense is nasty. Excellent offensive line, probably the best in the league, Demarco has been unstoppable, really opening up the passing game and Romo is playing the best of his career. I think I'd rather play Seattle because I think our D can shut them down completely. I think we can beat Zona in a rematch as well for the same reason. I know we can beat Atlanta or Carolina.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is not a gimme either. I feel better about @ Dallas than @ Carolina.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina and their losing record? We smoke them at any field.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already got smoked @ Carolina

Stafford better inside on turf vs outside on grass especially in December

Jonathan Stewart top RB in league last few weeks

Carolina D top 3 right now

Prob more reasons to fear Carolina but those are off top of my head.

Meanwhile Detroit has recent success vs Dallas, obviously plays better inside on turf and has the inside scoop on Linehan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game is no gimme.

I didn't mean to sound like it was a gimme if we had to play Dallas. No game in the playoffs will be gimme. I just feel as if we match up well with Dallas. That doesn't guarantee anything though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We played at Carolina this year and lost 24-7, I believe.

I do think it would be a good game against them, but as Swarm said, I'd much rather see the Lions playing on turf than outdoors on grass.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda like we would smoke the Bucs Vikes and Bears. I thought the same thing for those games.

Panthers game with Prater is different game. Not saying they win. The whole complexion of the game is way different having put those points on the board early IMO.

Speaking of Prater. He is a Lion in the Bills game and this game means nothing with the Packers. Damn what a difference a FG makes from early in the season.