• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 Cowboys @ Eagles

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this game means EVERYTHING, I thought that I might as well start the new thread now.
I don't know the tiebreakers but I know that if the Cowboys win, then they win the division. If the Eagles win, I would suspect that they still have to beat the Giants or the Cowboys have to lose to Washington.
I HOPE that they play 4 quarters like they give a crap, which they didn't do yesterday - AGAIN - and I HOPE that a few of their injured players return.
Let's Go Eagles.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the Fox Sports guys yesterday Philly wins out they take the division no matter what Dallas does...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to win out ... unless Dallas loses to us and again in Week 17 in which case we can lose to the Giants and still win the division (but both we and Dallas play at 1 pm). If Dallas beats us next week they win the division. If we beat Dallas but lose to the Giants while Dallas beats Washington ... they still win the division.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to win out ... unless Dallas loses to us and again in Week 17 in which case we can lose to the Giants and still win the division (but both we and Dallas play at 1 pm). If Dallas beats us next week they win the division. If we beat Dallas but lose to the Giants while Dallas beats Washington ... they still win the division.

That's way so complicated Rey! Can't we just stick with my version

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles win next two, they are in. I think they won't sadly. Dallas looks to be the better team right now, talent wise. The Eagles have fought back in recent weeks with some scrubs at key offensive positions, but you won't win like that against a more talented team. Dallas got back to basics against the Rams, establishing a strong run game, and I think they will control the line against us and win.

Of course, I hope I am wrong, but I think Dallas pulls this out next week.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nicely done. That is as concise as all the nonsense can be made. Simply win out and in.
Frankly, if we can’t win out I’m not crazy about getting San Fran/Seattle in Round 1.

Of course, I’m only lukewarm crazy for that playoff game if we do win out anyway. What a world.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles win next two, they are in. I think they won't sadly. Dallas looks to be the better team right now, talent wise. The Eagles have fought back in recent weeks with some scrubs at key offensive positions, but you won't win like that against a more talented team. Dallas got back to basics against the Rams, establishing a strong run game, and I think they will control the line against us and win.

Of course, I hope I am wrong, but I think Dallas pulls this out next week.

They certainly showed a side I didn’t want to see leading up to this game. At the same time...weird year where a team can look like a world beater one week and fall flat the next. Look at San Fran yesterday.

I think they will try to control the clock with the run. I think they will have some success on it because they can always just convert third down in the air against us.

I think we will try to control the clock on offense too. And could have some success. Admittedly it their D against our O that is the big question mark right now.

If both offenses are trying to control clock and it goes the whole game it will be close in the end. With the way our offense has played late in games lately, and that we are at home, I think that’s our best chance to win. Control and hold close and work to come out at the end. It’s the best hope I’ve got on Monday.

Scary part is if they just decide fuck it at some point and open their offense up. If it gets out of control like that I think we are up Shits Creek.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the right offensive game play there is a possibility we win the game provided we keep the Cowboys offense off the field. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to be the case. Our best receiver right now is a converted rookie QB.

We do not have the weapons to win a shootout against the Cowboys. Against this defense they will put up at least 31.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't seen our guys play in a game they cared this much about all year. It's long been circled. They will bring it. The Defense will be nasty and Dak will be scrambling.

The offense will be smooth as fuck, Carson is elevating and Sanders is hitting the line quick. Might even get Howard back with fresh legs.

Eagles 31
Cowboys 20

It'll be a "Woah, where has this been all year" next week.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't seen our guys play in a game they cared this much about all year. It's long been circled. They will bring it. The Defense will be nasty and Dak will be scrambling.

The offense will be smooth as fuck, Carson is elevating and Sanders is hitting the line quick. Might even get Howard back with fresh legs.

Eagles 31
Cowboys 20

Here’s hoping. But the season long debate on if its talent level or effort would be answered in this case. And while the effort has been for shit most of the season, I still worry the talent level will be the let down.

We will see. If Doug wants to keep that rep of getting his guys up he will need to do it this game.

I still had the feeling yesterday like this team does nothing but play up or down to their competition.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles 31
Cowboys 20

I HOPE that you are right.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negadelphia says we beat dallas...then lose to giants for major heartbreak lol

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN, FoxSports, CBSSports, Skip Bayless, Mort Anderson, Dallas media, National media, etc, all say we cant win. Dallas has this locked up.
I say Fuck them all. Eagles pull it off as Wentz leads them down for a last 2nd TD to win it 28-24.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has the Line at Dallas + 2.5. That Line is BEGGING people to take Dallas in this game after demolishing the Rams and us struggling against crap teams like NY and Washington while losing to Miami. Keep in mind that Vegas isn't in the "losing money" business ... I expect that line to be closer to +5 by kickoff which means that Vegas thinks this will be a "very" close game.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has the Line at Dallas + 2.5. That Line is BEGGING people to take Dallas in this game after demolishing the Rams and us struggling against crap teams like NY and Washington while losing to Miami. Keep in mind that Vegas isn't in the "losing money" business ... I expect that line to be closer to +5 by kickoff which means that Vegas thinks this will be a "very" close game.

Road teams are something like 30 games above .500 ATS this year.

Shifts in the game (more comfortable travel modes, secondary markets putting more opposing teams fans in stadium, QBs wearing headsets where they can hear the coaches) have made a shift in this that Vegas has struggled to fully grasp.

Damn straight with the optics and lack of home field this will grow to at least 5 probably higher as more money flies in for Dallas.

Let’s make bunch of mother fuckers broke this weekend! Underdog!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN, FoxSports, CBSSports, Skip Bayless, Mort Anderson, Dallas media, National media, etc, all say we cant win. Dallas has this locked up.
I say Fuck them all. Eagles pull it off as Wentz leads them down for a last 2nd TD to win it 28-24.

Well, Skip Bayless is the last person to discuss Dallas with. He's practically on their payroll. We can win if our defense plays lights out with intimidation to create several turnovers. I'll save my prediction til the end of the week. I hear that Howard and Johnson may play.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Skip Bayless is the last person to discuss Dallas with. He's practically on their payroll. We can win if our defense plays lights out with intimidation to create several turnovers. I'll save my prediction til the end of the week. I hear that Howard and Johnson may play.
Along with Agholor and Barnett.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negadelphia says we beat dallas...then lose to giants for major heartbreak lol

This is quite likely for the Eagles, huh. Losing to Eli in his last game?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a great feeling about this game. I think they can manage the run game defensively, but the pass D hasn't looked good of late. If this game turns into a track meet again, it's going to be ugly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a great feeling about this game. I think they can manage the run game defensively, but the pass D hasn't looked good of late. If this game turns into a track meet again, it's going to be ugly.

Yeah 100% Truth!

But god damn its Christmas and miracles can happen!