• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15...vs Patriots

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of losing to the fucking Patriots. Does anyone here think we should've gone for the tie and headed into OT?

With 14 secs left T...and 3rd down...you would think a professional football team could get off two plays...take your shot at the endzone on 3rd down if it's there...if it's not throw it away and kick the FA on 4th down...I'm almost 100% sure that was the game plan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 14 secs left T...and 3rd down...you would think a professional football team could get off two plays...take your shot at the endzone on 3rd down if it's there...if it's not throw it away and kick the FA on 4th down...I'm almost 100% sure that was the game plan.

IDK, those last 2 plays were a clusterfuck. Noone was on the same page. I would've liked Ben to throw that ball away to set up the tying FG.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, those last 2 plays were a clusterfuck. Noone was on the same page. I would've liked Ben to throw that ball away to set up the tying FG.

I think we said the same thing...throw it away if it wasn't there on 3rd and kick the FG on 4th down....getting off a pass play and a FG if the pass is incomplete in 14 seconds...a pro team should be able to do that probably 48 out of 50 times.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway. I wanted the win. We needed the win. But it is what it is. We could have done some things different where a shit rule didn't have the apocalyptic affect that it did on the outcome. But we didn't.

I can't be mad about this game as a whole though. The Steelers came to play. They gave the Patriots all they could handle and in a lot of ways out-performed them. That's a huge departure from what we saw last year in the playoffs. I like that we really can hang with them. That we can beat them. We looked like we belonged. Finally.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway. I wanted the win. We needed the win. But it is what it is. We could have done some things different where a shit rule didn't have the apocalyptic affect that it did on the outcome. But we didn't.

I can't be mad about this game as a whole though. The Steelers came to play. They gave the Patriots all they could handle and in a lot of ways out-performed them. That's a huge departure from what we saw last year in the playoffs. I like that we really can hang with them. That we can beat them. We looked like we belonged. Finally.

With all that happened, I'm excited for the playoffs. We hung in there with the defending Super Bowl Champs. That's always a good thing to be happy about. I feel like if we stay healthy we can definitely make it to the AFC title game again. Our offense has not played like we are the best team in the AFC but our defense has kept us in there. Hoping we don't falter in the playoffs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that happened, I'm excited for the playoffs. We hung in there with the defending Super Bowl Champs. That's always a good thing to be happy about. I feel like if we stay healthy we can definitely make it to the AFC title game again. Our offense has not played like we are the best team in the AFC but our defense has kept us in there. Hoping we don't falter in the playoffs.
In some ways we can look at this loss as a necessary evil. Listening to the postgame interviews everyone sounded pissed off rather than defeated. Keeping these boys hungry should help them roar through the rest of the season & into the postseason.

The roster is getting some much needed talent back in the fold. Gilbert & Haden will be huge down the stretch. And knock on wood they should get AB back in time for the postseason (hoping they clinch the 1st round bye). Really hoping that with Haden back on the left side they won't keep Mitchell in that "centerfielder" position that was absolutely terrible.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways we can look at this loss as a necessary evil. Listening to the postgame interviews everyone sounded pissed off rather than defeated. Keeping these boys hungry should help them roar through the rest of the season & into the postseason.

The roster is getting some much needed talent back in the fold. Gilbert & Haden will be huge down the stretch. And knock on wood they should get AB back in time for the postseason (hoping they clinch the 1st round bye). Really hoping that with Haden back on the left side they won't keep Mitchell in that "centerfielder" position that was absolutely terrible.
And hey... the Patriots could still lose to the Bills/Jets right? RIGHT?!!??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1juop7.jpg

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Ridley is just gonna be a backup, but does that help us in the backfield with Conner on IR? Also, at this point, should we be wishing we had DeAngelo Williams still? I mean it's not like he was just a backup, he filled in magically when we didn't have Le'Veon. Also, with Bell's future with the Steelers in limbo, are we supposed to feel confident in Conner as our potential future starting RB? This offseason will be the most important and the most anxiety inducing offseason in recent years.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean technically, they could definitely still lose to the Bills. They did lose to the Dolphins so anything I guess is possible.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Ridley is just gonna be a backup, but does that help us in the backfield with Conner on IR? Also, at this point, should we be wishing we had DeAngelo Williams still? I mean it's not like he was just a backup, he filled in magically when we didn't have Le'Veon. Also, with Bell's future with the Steelers in limbo, are we supposed to feel confident in Conner as our potential future starting RB? This offseason will be the most important and the most anxiety inducing offseason in recent years.
The Ridley choice is odd to me. I'd rather see 'Nightmare' Watson get the call up from PS to fill the void, which still could happen. Ridley over D-Will boils down to game shape IMO. Ridley has been bouncing around teams like Denver & Minnesota this year so he has a better chance of being in immediate shape than trying to knock the rust off of D-Will directly from the couch. I'm sure D-Will has been keeping himself in good shape, but I think you get my point. You would think that D-Will knowing the playbook would have been a shoe-in during this decision, but who knows. Colbert always finds a way. Also curious if they gave Knile Davis any thought. He looked good in the preseason. Better than Fitz Toussaint IMO.

Conner... I think the future is in good hands with him. He's a very physical downhill runner with great burst. I'm not as worried anymore, but would have liked to see Conner get more reps this season. I think the biggest problem will be with fan expectations. Everyone will want him to fill Bell's shoes, which is impossible. Nobody in the NFL right now, save for maybe David Johnson, could accomplish that. I think the darker side of the offense will reside with the QB position if Ben hangs 'em up.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MT said at his weekly PR conference that Connor having just a meniscus tear was good news and he should be good to go for next year. MT also said that AB has a deep bruise on his calf to put it in laymen's terms. Didn't want to commit other than AB is out this week. That's better than the partial calf mussel tear NFLN reported earlier in the week (Seriously, how do some of these so called insiders keep their jobs when they're always wrong). Did the Steeler at least bring D-Will in for a workout to gage what shape he's in???

I saw Bell lining up at a WR position on some plays after AB went out. The Connor injury prevents them from lining Bell up at WR with Connor in the backfield. IMO that set would've given DC nightmares.

If Ben hangs it up after this year we're screwed cause we ain't gonna have a high draft pick this year. A daymare of Landrey or Dobbs as next years' starter just crossed my brain briefly. Oh....I may have to call off sick the rest of the afternoon!!!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ridley choice is odd to me. I'd rather see 'Nightmare' Watson get the call up from PS to fill the void, which still could happen.
My thoughts exactly.

Also curious if they gave Knile Davis any thought. He looked good in the preseason. Better than Fitz Toussaint IMO.
I completely forgot about him but I do remember thinking he looked pretty good in the preseason.

I think the darker side of the offense will reside with the QB position if Ben hangs 'em up.
Damn it man. You just gave me indigestion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel much the same way...granted, the game will be tough in NE should they make it that far, but from what I saw the other night, they need to tweak a few things on DEF, but they definitely can play with the Patriots. I thought they could LY, and I guess that's largely why I was so pissed at the tail between the legs coaching schemes.

Butler needs to play around with the fronts imo and give Hargrave a few more pass rushing downs...he collapsed the pocket at least 3 times that I saw, but in nickel he comes off the field and they play nickel maybe 75% of the time.

Second...drop their ego or whatever is preventing them from doubling Gronk...I would do almost the same as they do to PIT...I'd play man and double Gronk and show it presnap.

Conner is done I hear, but AB they are saying playoffs and I haven't heard on Haden for this week.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MT said at his weekly PR conference that Connor having just a meniscus tear was good news and he should be good to go for next year. MT also said that AB has a deep bruise on his calf to put it in laymen's terms. Didn't want to commit other than AB is out this week. That's better than the partial calf mussel tear NFLN reported earlier in the week (Seriously, how do some of these so called insiders keep their jobs when they're always wrong). Did the Steeler at least bring D-Will in for a workout to gage what shape he's in???

I saw Bell lining up at a WR position on some plays after AB went out. The Connor injury prevents them from lining Bell up at WR with Connor in the backfield. IMO that set would've given DC nightmares.

If Ben hangs it up after this year we're screwed cause we ain't gonna have a high draft pick this year. A daymare of Landrey or Dobbs as next years' starter just crossed my brain briefly. Oh....I may have to call off sick the rest of the afternoon!!!
Great news on AB. Got a link? Too busy/lazy (matter of perspective) to go look lol.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on AB. Got a link? Too busy/lazy (matter of perspective) to go look lol.
I don't. It was the weekly MT presser on the Steelers home page. I'm too busy/lazy to go get a link right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ought to stoke some flames... Al Riveron, the NFL Senior VP of officiating that overruled Jesse James' catch in the week 15 game against the Pats, had this to say in regards to the recent Catch Rule change:

So the asshole knows he fucked up the call. Good work.

I know its crying over spilt milk and it is what it is... but this f*cker needs to be kicked outta the league.