• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Redskins @ Chargers

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jGMf9WZ.png

79HdLBn.png

EjVbJa1.png

LCQH39p.png

cT5lLwR.png

aZUMSAu.png

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry ... i'm slaxxin

:dhd:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn

On the team’s pass rush:

“We do have a nice tandem, the pass rush with Melvin [Ingram] and Joey [Bosa], but the thing I’m most impressed with those guys is defending the run better. They are doing some unselfish things in the run game – playing tighter techniques and playing run and pass second and that’s what we need to do especially in the month of December is be able to defend the run better. Whenever we feel like we need to rush the passer, we have a duo that can get after them and we have backups that come in and do well too. Chris McCain has done well and Darius Philon has done well inside. I feel really good about the pass rush and we are going to need it because I think Washington’s quarterback – he is having one of those years. He’s having a really good season and he can get the ball to the right people and make a lot of plays.”

On the importance of pushing the pocket inside:

“When you know you can make the quarterback step up in the pocket because you have the edge rushers, it’s very important that you get some push inside on account of he can’t step into throws and you need to get into his face. Like I said, this quarterback, he’s really patient and he goes through his progressions and if there is an open receiver, he is going to find him.”

On adjusting to playing in the StubHub Center:

“Well, first of all, it’s a nice stadium. It’s small but it is a very intimate environment and it can get really loud. So when you give our fans something to cheer for, it doesn’t feel like an away game to me. It feels like a home game, and I think we need to talk about the fans that are there and celebrate them. But we’ve handled it – there’s nothing to handle really. It’s a football game and when we kick the ball off, I’d like to say that the fans don’t matter but they do matter, especially when they get loud on third downs. But we really haven’t noticed. It really hadn’t – I can’t say that has made a big difference in our performance at home or not.”

On WR Keenan Allen’s hot streak:

“Well, Keenan has been healthy and Keenan and Philip [Rivers] are on the same page. They’ve got some chemistry going right now. So it’s really nice when a quarterback knows which direction the receiver may be going on a certain type of get-open concepts. I just think the timing and the rhythm between those two and the chemistry is really good. I think it is because Keenan has been healthy and he has done the things off the field to stay on the field and he’s worked extremely hard. Nobody on this team has worked as hard as Keenan Allen this year in the offseason to get his weight down. I mean, he looks… He is strong off the line of scrimmage. He’s quick out of cuts and this is why he was a high draft pick.”

On how he kept morale high at the beginning of the season:

“I can’t take all the credit for that because I have a good group of guys. I have an outstanding coaching staff and we kept it positive. We talked initially and agreed initially about our expectations and what we expected from one another. Just because we had a rocky start doesn’t mean that you jump ship or you stop believing. These guys, they had faith in one another. They had faith in the process and they kept showing up and eventually the balls started bouncing our way and now we have got some momentum going. But we also know that we are 6-6. If the playoffs started tomorrow we would be out. We still have a lot of work to do and we are trying to really focus on finishing this fourth quarter of our season.”

Los Angeles Chargers WR Keenan Allen

On the reason for the Chargers’ win streak:

“I think just focusing on the execution, just what we got to do on the field at that certain time. Phil [Philip Rivers] is doing a great job of seeing the defense, getting us in the right plays, making the right reads and just making sure that we are doing everything that we need to do. Then the defense is just playing incredible – turnovers – and the way we are complementing each other is great.”

On if there was a certain game that changed the mood of the season:

“I don’t think it was really one game. I just think we just came out week to week and just got better. We have just been getting better every week.”

On how happy he’s been about the opportunity his cousin, Redskins WR Maurice Harris, has received:

“Yeah, man, it’s been major. Definitely been waiting on his turn. Got his call, what was it, the Minnesota game? [Inaudible] touchdown catch. Hopefully they see it and use him. They still aren’t really using him like that so we will see.”

On what advice he would give Harris:

“For the most part, just stay confident. He obviously knows his situation. He knows what he has on his plate and he just has to stay in the game and make sure he is ready to go when his number is called and when it is called, he just has got to make plays.”

On what he saw in Harris that made him believe he could play in the NFL:

“We have been doing it our whole life, so we always know we could play at a high level. I just think he needs the chance and I think he showed it against the Vikings when he did get the chance.”

On the significance of defense and what role they have had in the winning streak:

“I think the most important role. They’ve been stopping guys. They’ve been getting turnovers. They’ve been creating points by themselves, and whenever we need a play to be made, they’re making it. So I think they have the most important role.”

On if it was difficult to stay positive in the locker room at the beginning of the season:

“The belief never went anywhere. It was still early in the season. [Inaudible] We can’t check out after four, so we’ve got to keep playing and the rest is history. [We’ve] been getting better week after week.”

On how long it took to get used to playing in a smaller stadium at home:

“It’s an away game, man. It’s still an away game.”

On if that is bizarre for the team:

“No, we are used to it. It was like that last year in San Diego and the year before that too. That’s just how we see it until it changes. We already know what we are up against.”

On if there is any concern about the fire and smoke in southern California affecting Sunday:

“Negative. I haven’t heard anything about it.”

On what has clicked for him the last three weeks:

“I just think executing everything. [Offensive Coordinator Ken] Whisenhunt and the coaches’ game plan is working. The run game looks good, guys are clicking and Phil is playing outstanding.”

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - Cousins & Rivers stats are eerily similar - almost to the pt of being scary. They also both have almost the same amt of INTs (8 for Cousins & 7 for Rivers).

Give credit to Cousins for doing this w/o a top flight WR and RB for most of the season (unlike the Chargers).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not long now

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm keeping a real close eye on the pass rush against us today. If there's not adequate or consistent protection for Kirk, I would seriously consider pulling him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a key, the Chargers are giving up 4.yards per carry.

Redskins RZ offense 9th OA, Redskins RZ defense 29th. Chargers RZ defense 2nd.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart play Anderson.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
92 yard drive, 25 yards in penalties....down 10-0.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many penalties on that drive

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1