• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: Redskins @ Cowboys

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is much easier when you give them a short field. Gruden has done it twice today. The 55 yard FG attempt and failed onside kick.

By the time we tried the onside kick. Both offenses had pretty much choked out both defenses. Our only hope really at that point was recovering the onside kick or coming up with a turnover.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny Cousins passing yardage was almost 100 yards more than the than the entire yardage by Dallas. Missed FGs and poor coaching decisions could not be overcome.

This sums it up. Gruden did not give this team a chance to win. He was awful today.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the skins would need 35 points to win today. Dallas is good no doubt.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving despite the ending of the game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another close NFC East game. Damn has Cousins been playing well lately. I'm man enough to admit I was happy to see that first onside kick (dumb call with the flow of the game at that point IMHO) and watch that clock tick tick away on the last Wash drive...Certainly wouldn't have been overly confident in us stopping Washington if you got the ball back, but damn happy with that win of course:suds:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me...how do you see the season playing out?

The Skins winning out and being the #1 wild card seed. We'll have a decent shot to win a game in the postseason, but ultimately our RZ, various defensive issues and playing a team that will capitalize on said issues will be our downfall.

Its also time to stop with the week to week pop quizzes for KC. He's got the goods, get him signed before the season ends.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny Cousins passing yardage was almost 100 yards more than the than the entire yardage by Dallas. Missed FGs and poor coaching decisions could not be overcome.

A defense that couldnt stop my grand mother from getting two rushing TDs is kinda hard to over come as well. IM just saying. Dallas only attempted ONE Field Goal.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense that couldnt stop my grand mother from getting two rushing TDs is kinda hard to over come as well. IM just saying. Dallas only attempted ONE Field Goal.

You know shark I had the D listed first then took it out. They gave up 350 yards, not great, not terrible. However they gave up 31 points. They never really made a stop when it was needed. So I agree. We need help on the DL and both ILBs.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on their team worries me except their RB running behind their line. We have to control the clock by sustaining drives capped by a score. I also feel we need to blitz more on their young QB. Their line is good .. if we just rush 3 or 4 he'll have all day to throw... cannot allow that. Even Cody Kessler could pick teams apart with that kinda time.

I believe KC will be able to drive down field but Gotta gut feeling we settle for FG's more time than not. I dont think they're any better than us but im thinking we get beat tomorrow 30-26. Will be happy if im wrong but even if we do win I dont see us catching them for the division. Just seems like a special year for em. I believe however they find a way to fuck it up but tomorrow im leaning in favor to them.
Yea I'm floating my own boat. Sucks we lost but all I can say is I hope they enjoy their regular season. Cuz their defense SUCKS

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know shark I had the D listed first then took it out. They gave up 350 yards, not great, not terrible. However they gave up 31 points. They never really made a stop when it was needed. So I agree. We need help on the DL and both ILBs.

If we could depend on the D to stop some one, or hold a lead... this team would be dangerous.

I said at the start of the season, Ziggy Hood and Cullen Jenkins making this team was not a testament to their great talent, it was an indicator of our lack of talent in those positions.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm floating my own boat. Sucks we lost but all I can say is I hope they enjoy their regular season. Cuz their defense SUCKS
And yet....the Skins got swept. The Cowboys may not go to the Super Bowl, but if you think there's any team in the NFC that's looking forward to seeing Dallas, you're crazy.

A little bonus for you....Stephen Jones, who has drafted better than anyone in the NFL the last 5 years, can focus on that D the next couple of drafts. Also, for the first time in years, he will have money in free agency to help as well. And with the news that Jaylon Smith's knee is coming around....yeah, gonna be a long rest of the decade for the Skins

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet....the Skins got swept. The Cowboys may not go to the Super Bowl, but if you think there's any team in the NFC that's looking forward to seeing Dallas, you're crazy.

A little bonus for you....Stephen Jones, who has drafted better than anyone in the NFL the last 5 years, can focus on that D the next couple of drafts. Also, for the first time in years, he will have money in free agency to help as well. And with the news that Jaylon Smith's knee is coming around....yeah, gonna be a long rest of the decade for the Skins
All true. And my bet is that any intelligent Dallas fan really isn't looking forward to seeing the Redskins again, ether. The better team won today. But not better by much. Oh yeah, we also have a ton of money for FA and can also focus on our D in the next few drafts and we have a GM that has a pretty darn good record in drafting. Enjoy your win, you earned it. But I would expect a free pass for the next decade.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made a similar prediction like this about a Rookie QB and RB tandem...... didnt work out too well by the way.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a similar prediction like this about a Rookie QB and RB tandem...... didnt work out too well by the way.
I was never sold on RG3, though I will say, if he hadn't been hurt, he would have still been solid. The threat of RG3 made Morris look better than he was. I believe the Dallas duo is just better.

As to the playoffs, the Skins have a punchers chance against anyone. I'd quit fraking around and give the QB his money if I were y'all

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true. And my bet is that any intelligent Dallas fan really isn't looking forward to seeing the Redskins again, ether. The better team won today. But not better by much. Oh yeah, we also have a ton of money for FA and can also focus on our D in the next few drafts and we have a GM that has a pretty darn good record in drafting. Enjoy your win, you earned it. But I would expect a free pass for the next decade.
If y'all pay your QB, it looks like the NFC East is gonna be the dominant division again for a while. Philly's QB is gonna be a stud, and Dallas has an offense that's only getting better

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another close NFC East game. Damn has Cousins been playing well lately. I'm man enough to admit I was happy to see that first onside kick (dumb call with the flow of the game at that point IMHO) and watch that clock tick tick away on the last Wash drive...Certainly wouldn't have been overly confident in us stopping Washington if you got the ball back, but damn happy with that win of course:suds:

thank you for agreeing with me that it was a dumb call. All these guys here like the call with that amount of time left with momentum.