• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 12 hawks @ eagles

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans forget week 1 wasn't great either, they just remember the end result. the eagles didn't score until there was about 4 minutes left in the 2nd. and that was on a 3rd and 10 that jackson wandered free on for a deep ball. if they don't convert that, there is a decent chance they go into the locker room with 0 points.

that was the only real reason we beat one of the worst teams in the league. their inability to keep track of jackson downfield and wentz' willingness to throw deep that game.

You never give up.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never give up.

Yes but truth be told he does have a point Duke.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Carson, I think he has the tools to be a very good NFL QB.
But I do think its time for the front office and this coaching staff to dial it all back in.

The kid does need better targets, and yes fast guys with great hands is always a plus, but like I said earlier in the week go get him a couple of those basketball type guys so they can play the alley op game against teams.

Doug needs to get this kid a QB coach, a real coach, not some young dude looking to make his way up the coaching ladder in the league. He needs a coach in his face when he makes dumb mistakes with the ball just so gets the right pressure.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but truth be told he does have a point Duke.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Carson, I think he has the tools to be a very good NFL QB.
But I do think its time for the front office and this coaching staff to dial it all back in.

The kid does need better targets, and yes fast guys with great hands is always a plus, but like I said earlier in the week go get him a couple of those basketball type guys so they can play the alley op game against teams.

Doug needs to get this kid a QB coach, a real coach, not some young dude looking to make his way up the coaching ladder in the league. He needs a coach in his face when he makes dumb mistakes with the ball just so gets the right pressure.

:agree:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never give up.

i think about the future, i think outside of the box. often times those opinions aren't popular at the moment they are presented. but i DO NOT like taking verbal abuse for them when EVERYONE is just sharing their opinion in general.

you have some fans here that bashed schwartz constantly and wanted him fired. that's always been "cool." i say i want to keep foles and trade wentz to get younger & more talent on the roster? i actually get blocked by a poster or two and have to hear endless insults from others.

i feel my opinion was 100% right. some fans are starting to see it now. others still think i just hate wentz for some unknown reason. i always say i'm a fan of the team, i just want to win. we're 5-6 again under wentz. fortunately, the schedule is very favorable from this point on, but it might be too late. and i'm not even confident the offense can put up 20+ every game against these upcoming scrubs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. You have your opinion. I'm just glad we have a QB capable of being a great QB for a change. He needs weapons. We have a good Oline, when healthy, although they are getting old. the RB's are good, if Howard bounces back, and Howie signs him to a decent contract. Howie needs to sign a younger free agent WR who has good hands, deep speed, plus runs the correct routes. And, if they get a new OC, QB coach, and WR coach. Then, if Carson doesn't perform next year if these things occur, then perhaps they will move on from him in a couple years. That's my take!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the answer is somewhere in the middle ... Carson has shown with the right personnel and system that he can produce, but he has also shown that he's not at the level where he can overcome when the situations are less than ideal. Systems can make or break players ... Foles has looked like garbage the past 2 games at Jacksonville despite having very good weapons at his disposal. His final stats in those games don't look horrible, but meaningless garbage stats don't tell the story. I have watched both games and he looks nothing like the QB he showed here at playoff time. We have to find the comfort zone for Wentz which imo is with quicker/shiftier/faster players who get open quickly as opposed to possession types to compliment Alshon and Ertz.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this before and many people said it was a dumb idea in that keeping foles at a cheaper price and trading away carson should happen. Like trading him to the broncos for von miller because the team seems to just win games under foles and struggled more with carson for whatever reason

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson needs speed at receiver to reach his potential. He is just not a "move the chains slowly" type of QB. Losing DJax's speed and downfield threat was a huge downgrade for Wentz' outlook this season. We went from a player Carson had developed a great connection with in the off season opposite Alshon to an option opposite Alshon which Carson doesn't even look at. Another decision which has killed the team was drafting JJ Arcega-Whiteside as opposed to all the other successful rookie WR who have made noise this season. I was a big fan of JJ in college, but it has been a horrible match with Wentz as JJ can't get any separation from defenders at the pro level and seems lost in trying to run the pro route tree. In the following draft we HAVE to draft speed at receiver to go along with getting DJax back healthy in 2020. Alshon has also not been healthy all season ... he's out there playing at 70% and missed games. Carson is absolutely not playing well ... but there are a lot of factors contributing to it as well.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draftek (not always the most accurate, but has a lot of information) has the Eagles taking CeeDee Lamb with their first pick. I doubt he's there for us. They have Ruggs taken in the 2nd round, and Hamler in the 3rd. I'm torn between all 3 of these guys, so I'd be happy with our first pick, with any of them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draftek (not always the most accurate, but has a lot of information) has the Eagles taking CeeDee Lamb with their first pick. I doubt he's there for us. They have Ruggs taken in the 2nd round, and Hamler in the 3rd. I'm torn between all 3 of these guys, so I'd be happy with our first pick, with any of them.

I like that site. They have some good scouting write ups and they keep their big board up to date really well.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, all things being equal, I agree with Rey, that Ruggs is THE best fit for us, as he is fast (ala DJAX, Deion), and not just a speed guy, but has all the skills we need. And, we also need to draft a good possession receiver, with good speed in round 2 or 3.. The league today, is Speed, Speed, and more Speed. Oh, did I mention Speed??
There is not a more pressing need than WR's. Yeah, we could use another OT, G, C, LB, and S, but we can use the mid rounds to get those. Jerry Jeudy should be a top 10 pick for sure, but the others have a good chance to be there for us, in the middle first round.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has tunnel vision. Will never be great unless he corrects it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think about the future, i think outside of the box. often times those opinions aren't popular at the moment they are presented. but i DO NOT like taking verbal abuse for them when EVERYONE is just sharing their opinion in general.

you have some fans here that bashed schwartz constantly and wanted him fired. that's always been "cool." i say i want to keep foles and trade wentz to get younger & more talent on the roster? i actually get blocked by a poster or two and have to hear endless insults from others.

i feel my opinion was 100% right. some fans are starting to see it now. others still think i just hate wentz for some unknown reason. i always say i'm a fan of the team, i just want to win. we're 5-6 again under wentz. fortunately, the schedule is very favorable from this point on, but it might be too late. and i'm not even confident the offense can put up 20+ every game against these upcoming scrubs.
Foles was hurt most of the year you dumb bitch. You're delusional. And running your yapper like you're not. A bad combination.