• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 12 hawks @ eagles

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's no surprise teams know what the eagles are doing. as mentioned already, most of us know! how many times does wentz do his lame manning wannabe audibles.. KILL! KILL! KILL! then the back gets behind him and it's a simple dive up the middle? how often will wentz attempt a deep throw? opinion or even fact doesn't matter in relation to the quality of our receivers. you HAVE to try multiple times per game to show the defense it's a threat.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor coaching equals poor play.
Not only am I losing faith in Wentz I am lost on Howie and Pederson. It’s been all downhill since 17. (No Reich).
Brooks just signs a huge contract and suddenly has a panic attack!?
Seems Howie is handing out big contracts to the wrong players.
Pederson doesn’t play Ward or Pryor until all hell breaks loose. Really!!!
This team needs more accountability at the TOP.
:agree:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Eagles offense is extremely easy to defend. You know Carson doesn't even attempt to throw deep and you know he doesn't check down. He also greatly prefers to throw to the right side of the field or to Ertz in the middle. Something needs to change and unfortunately I don't think we have either the horses or the coaching staff to do it this year.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But of course Pederson says We/I have to do a better job.
I am so sick of hearing this same lame excuse.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two tv announcers made a comment yesterday during the game that kind of caught me a little off guard when the had a chat with Peterson during the week Doug had mentioned they are “still working with Carson reviewing game film and having to tell him where he should’ve gone with the pass.”
Here is a guy 4 years into a system and he still has to be corrected as to where the play is designed to go too. Now I’m not saying he should be a Jedi master with knowing every play, but you would think he has better grasp on this offense by now

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two tv announcers made a comment yesterday during the game that kind of caught me a little off guard when the had a chat with Peterson during the week Doug had mentioned they are “still working with Carson reviewing game film and having to tell him where he should’ve gone with the pass.”
Here is a guy 4 years into a system and he still has to be corrected as to where the play is designed to go too. Now I’m not saying he should be a Jedi master with knowing every play, but you would think he has better grasp on this offense by now
Pederson said something like that today in an interview. This does not bode well for the future and Wentz was supposed to be very intelligent. Hmm

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson said something like that today in an interview. This does not bode well for the future and Wentz was supposed to be very intelligent. Hmm
I don’t think it’s Wentz being stupid “intelligent wise” I do think it’s football smarts he’s lacking in or just patience!
I do think he puts a ton of pressure on himself ( which to be fair he should) but him and Doug need to get on the same page, even the QB coach should be that gap between the two, and Doug should know damn well that being a former QB himself.
This team is seriously at a cross roads with their franchise QB and they need to get on the same page with him or this whole thing is gonna come crashing down. Sooner or later the injuries will be healthy and on the field and there won’t be any more excuses for one of the toughest jobs in the league

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there are always plays that someone reads one way and someone else reads another.

The coaching staff is supposed to point this out. Wentz may have moved on to the next progression faster than the coaches wanted because he misread a blitz read, or he may have bailed on the play because he didn't like the pre-snap look and made a hot read that he didn't have to make. And at this point, now he's throwing to guys who he didn't get a ton of reps with, so things are going to not be as in sync as they would like.

I still think that they need to be hammering him on his mechanical breakdowns more than his reads, though. That's what is really frustrating to me, is how often his footwork costs the team. That fourth down throw to JJAW was brutal.

I think that any QB and coach should look at that stuff every week.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah he’s legs spread so far apart and him trying to just rely on his arm strength was a horrible conclusion to a bad game

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah he’s legs spread so far apart and him trying to just rely on his arm strength was a horrible conclusion to a bad game
Legs spread isn't really the issue on that particular throw. You want a solid, wide base.

He stepped back and didn't rock into that particular throw, and it caused the ball to be thrown upfield from JJAW, which was the one place a defender could break the play up. He didn't have a real reason to not at least keep his base still, but he should have at least gotten his front foot in the direction of the throw.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a Carson fan. He is just not getting help from a weakened supporting class, nor good QB coaching. Nobody was unhappy with him on week one, when he had DJAX, and the other players. Because of injuries, the backups are not very good, and he is pressing because he is a one-man gang. I think that the coaches and front office coddles players too much anyway, with guys sitting out because they don't feel great. There isn't a lot of toughness on the team, especially in the offense. W need some SOB's on this team.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a Carson fan. He is just not getting help from a weakened supporting class, nor good QB coaching. Nobody was unhappy with him on week one, when he had DJAX, and the other players. Because of injuries, the backups are not very good, and he is pressing because he is a one-man gang. I think that the coaches and front office coddles players too much anyway, with guys sitting out because they don't feel great. There isn't a lot of toughness on the team, especially in the offense. W need some SOB's on this team.
I think that Wentz has some bad habits that he allows to get back to the forefront. We can speculate as to whether it's because he feels pressure to play "hero ball" because of his supporting cast, arrogance, his own intelligence, or whatever.

There's some stuff floating around the Twittersphere about how some of those incompletions are on the WR and/or the coaches for not getting the routes run correctly. Take it for what it's worth, but apparently some of JJAW's problems are in how he doesn't use his body well to seal off defenders.

And I still think there are throws that Wentz missed or could have made better, but part of the problem seems to be that the WRs can't get their routes right.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans forget week 1 wasn't great either, they just remember the end result. the eagles didn't score until there was about 4 minutes left in the 2nd. and that was on a 3rd and 10 that jackson wandered free on for a deep ball. if they don't convert that, there is a decent chance they go into the locker room with 0 points.

that was the only real reason we beat one of the worst teams in the league. their inability to keep track of jackson downfield and wentz' willingness to throw deep that game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a bad situation for the Offense. Even though Alshon has been hurt a good part of the season and had his problem with drops ... there is still chemistry between he and Carson. These receivers being thrown into the mix have zero chemistry with Wentz with regards to timing on the routes.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a Boo Boo.