• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11, 2015: Rams @ Ravens

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is relevant or not but I just saw a breaking report that says Flacco has a torn ACL and a possible tear of the MCL as well and will be done for the year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sitting here thinking about all the promises (and transactions) of Jeff Fisher over the years and it appears Jeff Fisher as a failure as a coach can be summed up by this game. If you think about all of the boneheaded moves this guy has done in 4 years, with each one promising that things will turn out and we will return to prominence, he was just stringing everyone along or so it seems.

Oh I don't think this was a conscious effort. I just think that he has been awfully fortunate as a head coach and now when it really matters, it appears his promises are complete bullshit. Fisher has no legitimate answers to fix this team.

We have not improved this year. We have actually regressed again and we are no closer to solving this offense than 10-15 years ago and our defense is slowly but surely falling apart due to overwork resulting in injuries that are accumulating.

I have been stating all along that it does not take four years to turn a franchise around. I have stated a number of examples of that with the most notable recent one is Jack Del Rio in Oakland but Jimmy Johnson comes to mind as well.

But what troubles me the most is that we are once again losing any respect we had earlier in the year or even last year, our offense is still complete shit, and our defense is slowly dying. And what the hell happen to Hekker? The man can't even kick a normal punt anymore. Lesson? Give a punter big bucks and he tanks.

Nope, this team has embarrassed itself and the blame falls at the feet of Jeff Fisher, the FO, and that buffoon owner. I think I am going to work more Sundays again rather than waste anymore time watching a complete fraud of a product.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Williams has the defense taking out QBs again!

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher should of took Keenum out after he was knocked silly. But the offense really stinks anyway. Great effort by the defense.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sitting here thinking about all the promises (and transactions) of Jeff Fisher over the years and it appears Jeff Fisher as a failure as a coach can be summed up by this game. If you think about all of the boneheaded moves this guy has done in 4 years, with each one promising that things will turn out and we will return to prominence, he was just stringing everyone along or so it seems.

Oh I don't think this was a conscious effort. I just think that he has been awfully fortunate as a head coach and now when it really matters, it appears his promises are complete bullshit. Fisher has no legitimate answers to fix this team.

We have not improved this year. We have actually regressed again and we are no closer to solving this offense than 10-15 years ago and our defense is slowly but surely falling apart due to overwork resulting in injuries that are accumulating.

I have been stating all along that it does not take four years to turn a franchise around. I have stated a number of examples of that with the most notable recent one is Jack Del Rio in Oakland but Jimmy Johnson comes to mind as well.

But what troubles me the most is that we are once again losing any respect we had earlier in the year or even last year, our offense is still complete shit, and our defense is slowly dying. And what the hell happen to Hekker? The man can't even kick a normal punt anymore. Lesson? Give a punter big bucks and he tanks.

Nope, this team has embarrassed itself and the blame falls at the feet of Jeff Fisher, the FO, and that buffoon owner. I think I am going to work more Sundays again rather than waste anymore time watching a complete fraud of a product.

I agree for the most part, but I will always give our kickers the benefit of doubt when playing in windy conditions. if they have bad games indoors, that's a different story. overall Hekker has been having another nice year?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have arguably the richest owner in football, you can't tell me we can't get a good head coach.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that his failure of coaching can go back to week 3 against the Steelers. The Steelers looked awful when Rapelisberger went out of the game and our offense couldn't do shit to take advantage and ended up losing by six. This week was just another example in my opinion.

I fully agree with the second bolded statement. We should've been seeing some type of improvement last year. The first couple of years, I could live with 7-9 seasons after the Linehan and Spagnuolo disasterous eras. Last year, we should've at least improved to 9-7 or 10-6. There's absolutely no excuse for not being as good of a team as the Cardinals are right now. But unfortunately, we're going to likely be another 6-10, 7-9 type team and be sitting at home during the playoffs with another top 15 pick in the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Our usual draft position and ten-to-one they trade down. lol!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, instead of getting a quality LT or QB, let's trade back and pick a lb.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I'd do if I was the owner. Fire Jeff Fisher. Retain Gregg Williams. Hire Ken Whisenhunt and turn the offense over to Jeff Garcia who was trained and played in the West Coast offense and clean out the scouting department. Retain Les Snead as GM and get on with rebuilding this team through the draft and some timely FAs.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the Fisher hire when it happened, guess what?

I still don't like it!!!!!!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I'd do if I was the owner. Fire Jeff Fisher. Retain Gregg Williams. Hire Ken Whisenhunt and turn the offense over to Jeff Garcia who was trained and played in the West Coast offense and clean out the scouting department. Retain Les Snead as GM and get on with rebuilding this team through the draft and some timely FAs.

That would be a start in the right direction.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade for Sean Payton as coach.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does the cap space situation look for this upcoming offseason?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Retro and others have stated, Fisher is wasting our talent on defense, by the time we fix the offense (if that EVER happens) we will be in rebuild mode for our defense, and we will have a good offense, our defense will suck and we will be where we are now, a 7-9 or 6-10 team!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of these young defensive guys on their rookie deals will move on if we don't turn our offense around.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, instead of getting a quality LT or QB, let's trade back and pick a lb.

Or another over-rated OL that will end up playing like garbage.